Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

FTX: EU ESSA Stockholm Arlanda Airport Released

Shame you have to spend another €70 on the terrain package,otherwise I would buy it without hesitation :(

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Yes, I too don't like that way of doing business but as I understood it you can still use the scenery only that it won't blend in perfectly with the rest of the terrain if you don't have FTX Global in place.

Then of course this is only me speculating and I guess the best thing to do is to ask about this over in their own forums or wait for other brave souls to try it out...

Richard Åsberg

Great  :wink:  Just starting vacation tomorrow and its about time to visit Arlanda again on Vatsim (SAS1510 (SVA)  :smile:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Look forward to feed back on FPS etc.

Am sure it will look great.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Shame you have to spend another €70 on the terrain package,otherwise I would buy it without hesitation :sad:

$70! I don't think so. I just paid AUS34, which is about £16.5. Where do you get $70 from?

Ignore the above, I miss read.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Another long overdue airport.  Looking forward to this.

$70! I don't think so. I just paid AUS34, which is about £16.5. Where do you get $70 from?

He means the price of FTX Global Mike. Global is required to blend.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

He means the price of FTX Global Mike. Global is required to blend.

Sorry, my bad,...Hang on I'll put my glasses on.....;-) If anyone wants to see the performance, I will be flying out of ESSA today in a You Tube live stream with Royal Dutch Virtual. P3Dv3.1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Sorry, my bad,...Hang on I'll put my glasses on.....;-) If anyone wants to see the performance, I will be flying out of ESSA today in a You Tube live stream with Royal Dutch Virtual. P3Dv3.1

I know the feeling Mike, It would be interesting to see if FTX Global was really required. Hate to add another 4GB to the installation, as well as the dosh.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

There are people like myself who prefers GEP3D over FTX (I have FTX Global, but I don't like it). Does it mean that I will never be able to use ESSA?

This is totally stupid business model. We're been waiting for this airport forever.

Yeah, I think the business model where you require people to have some kind of a "base" product installed to be able to fully enjoy a second product might be OK when the second product is a small/cheap one.

However in the case with ESSA although still not a very big airport in comparison with some other huge European airports such as EGLL, LFPG etc I'm not sure this requirement to have FTX Global already installed was a very wise decision but I'm sure time and sales will tell...

Richard Åsberg

The airport would still work without FTX global - yeah it just won't blend perfectly. Who cares? I have PSP without global (or SCA) - works fine - I will say I believe you need a region (like PNW ) to cycle between the region and default scenery....otherwise your airport might not have autogen

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I guess as long as it only comes down to how well the airport will blend with the surroundings it can still be a nice product to get if you're interested in this airport. What of course could potentially be a problem is if the airport also uses other parts from FTX Global meaning things will actually be missing unless you have FTX Global installed.

No reason really to carry on with this guess-work but better to ask about this over in Orbx's own forums for those who are interested in the scenery but who don't own FTX Global and I'm sure Orbx will be able to answer this one quickly and what exactly will be the result if you install the new ESSA without FTX Global installed.

Richard Åsberg