Madcatz is still saying that the throttle quadrant will be shipping in May. With all kinds of rumors about factory changes and supply shortages, it's hard to know exactly what they're up to. But I've been playing with the CH quad now for over a week, and seem to have it working very well. Haven't gotten into the PMDG models yet, but the Flight 1 King Air and the Real Turbine Duke , and the A2A Cessnas are doing just fine. I don't think I'm gonna miss the Saitek product. I've been using the X-55 and the Pro rudder pedals, and the CH hardware is a good addition.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Scan.co.uk say that the throttle quadrant is due in stock on 20 May 16.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

MadCatz /Saitek or what ever they want to call themselves has already missed a couple of stock replenishment deadlines on their flight sim products. History is on the side they will not meet the latest they claim being May.

I went into Fry's who stocked a number of MadCatz / Saitek products, they had zero product, zero displays. I asked for poops and giggles if they carry any of their products still. They said no. That's where I bought my first Saitek Flight sim yoke and pedal. They had Logitec.

MadCatz Saitek are hemorrhaging cash. Flight Sim doesn't have nearly the following it once did. It's a niche limited market. I'd bet they are out of the FS business.

MadCatz /Saitek or what ever they want to call themselves has already missed a couple of stock replenishment deadlines on their flight sim products. History is on the side they will not meet the latest they claim being May.

I went into Fry's who stocked a number of MadCatz / Saitek products, they had zero product, zero displays. I asked for poops and giggles if they carry any of their products still. They said no. That's where I bought my first Saitek Flight sim yoke and pedal. They had Logitec.

MadCatz Saitek are hemorrhaging cash. Flight Sim doesn't have nearly the following it once did. It's a niche limited market. I'd bet they are out of the FS business.

So may be the future, or may not! But this still seems like this. If it's beating a dead horse then what fills the market niche? I used and loved CH products from the early 1990's until 2010. But when I look back the at relative size; the positioning vs what is realistic (quad elements on their yokes); toy like construction and video game ergonomics; after Saitek I cannot go back. If CH is a future solution for me then they must drastically revise their product line. If Saitek/Madcatz is indeed on the ropes then this is the time for CH, or anyone else who can address the market for products in the lower $100's of dollars niche. I will not ever go for the limited production/high cost, tubeliner relevant controls. Instead I will see if at 67 I can pass a physical and regain a license for actual flying.  Why spend so many unnecessary hundreds or thousands of dollars on products that look like roughed in prototypes?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

And of course no one of the Mad Saitek Catz finds us valued customers worth a fews words what is really going on. Look at their silly FB page. Btw., I had CH products yoke/pedals for some time and found them not competitive. Plus, there is no replacement for the Panels product line.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On Amazon they are available for delivery by April 14 - 29.

They have been available just like that on Amazon since mid-summer last year with a constantly and consistently moving date window of from four to six weeks out.  Check back at Amazon in a week and that window will have moved out into the future another week.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

And of course no one of the Mad Saitek Catz finds us valued customers worth a fews words what is really going on. Look at their silly FB page. Btw., I had CH products yoke/pedals for some time and found them not competitive. Plus, there is no replacement for the Panels product line.

Kind regards, Michael

Sounds like a huge hole in the market that needs filling, anyone?

Sounds like a huge hole in the market that needs filling, anyone?

+1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I've been buying Saitek for awhile now, and have been satisfied. I had the X-52, now have the X-55, have the Pro pedals, and was looking forward to the throttle quads (2 of them). Ordered them from Amazon in mid-December, and was told a few weeks ago it would be "sometime in May" before they came out. I had to send them a support request to get that information.

So I canceled the Saitek order and bought the CH quad instead. First off, one USB connection instead of two. Next, once I got the product, I got great support from the CH Web site, and although the docs were a bit cryptic, I got these things working great with my Flight1 King Air and RealAir Turbine Duke. I always thought the CH products looked a bit cheap in quality, but I'm impressed with the system I have now. I am in the market now for a yoke system, and may just go with the CH product. Any input, fellas?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Have you ever flown in real life? If so how realistic is the position, size, feel, and location of the CH product you acquired in your flight sim setup?  Not saying the Saitek products are totally realistic in being close to real life, but with my experience with both brands despite that both are "toys", there is no comparison.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I received a thorough letter from mypilot store explaining the issue described giving us a probable ship date up to 4 months from the february or january date making it about may or june.I am still not counting on it. Im getting by with half a throttle setup with my new cocpitphd 737 throttle and flap handles sitting in the box that will hold 2 saitek throttles. When your old like me i just wait it out or eventually buy the outrageously expensive goflight set. Hahaha. Expensive wedding coming up though for daughter. Probably just wait patiently.

:P Timothy Murphy

I have been on back order for these throttles since LAST SEPTEMBER with FSPilotshop, The back order wait list was 30 days now its 90, it keeps getting move further and further. Oh but they give you an option to add that money to purchase a more expensive throttle setup, I for one can't afford to buy $500 throttles, my budget is tight now.

Had to quit flying, my saitek throttles are worn out, move them 2 inches and they spike full.

Try spraying inside the unit with an electrical cleaner such as Wynns, I had the same issue. After a quick clean they work fine.

Regards

Paul Edwards

Had to quit flying, my saitek throttles are worn out, move them 2 inches and they spike full.

Same problem here, not anymore. Followed this video and all is well.

Be very careful using this method, the gel holding the wires is extremely brittle and the wires can break off the potentiometers very easily.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020