Sign in to follow this  
jtwhite

What's up with Saitek?

Apologies if this has already been answered.

Everywhere I check, Saitek yokes and throttles are out of stock. Anyone have any news that I may have missed as to when they will start shipping again?

JTW

Indiana

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Saitek yokes seem to be readily available (at least in Australia) but throttles are out of stock world-wide until "April 2016" due to "manufacturing delays".

Bruceb

Good heavens. Glad I got them. They were expensive enough 2 yrs ago in Canada. $249.00 cdn. for thr yoke.$98.00 for the extra throttle control. 

Saitek yokes seem to be readily available (at least in Australia) but throttles are out of stock world-wide until "April 2016" due to "manufacturing delays".

Bruceb

In a separate thread I posted here this past week I reported as a result of my call to Saitek USA support line I was told the manufacturing is moving from one factory to another in China and that production will resume in May 2016.  FWIW

See the Saitek post in Hangar Chat which flagged  serious financial problems and precipitate departure of CEO and VP.

So I would guess there isn't the cash flow to maintain product inventory levels. The factory switch in China may therefore be a result of the problems, not the root cause (which according to the financial press stemmed from the failure of a non-flightsim product - so not our fault :) )

For one I would hope Saitek/Madcatz would take the opportunity to make some product engineering changes.  Especially address the issues many have had with Windows Advanced Power Management.

My pedals are great! My Pro Cessna Yoke is solidly built, and I like the way it clamps,  but I agree with those who do not like the strong return-to-center on the X and Y axes.  I also do not like the way the hat switch aligns.  It pans with great horizontal control for me in one direction but is difficult to control in the other direction. Would also like to see a floating rocker switch on the left handle that is more consistent with a yoke positioned vertical trim control.

And can devices like this work and thrive via Bluetooth?

For one I would hope Saitek/Madcatz would take the opportunity to make some product engineering changes.  Especially address the issues many have had with Windows Advanced Power Management.

My pedals are great! My Pro Cessna Yoke is solidly built, and I like the way it clamps,  but I agree with those who do not like the strong return-to-center on the X and Y axes.  I also do not like the way the hat switch aligns.  It pans with great horizontal control for me in one direction but is difficult to control in the other direction. Would also like to see a floating rocker switch on the left handle that is more consistent with a yoke positioned vertical trim control.

And can devices like this work and thrive via Bluetooth?

Not bluetooth but we are developing low frequency high throughput wireless protocols for this very reason... Imagine no more wires other than power...

Not bluetooth but we are developing low frequency high throughput wireless protocols for this very reason... Imagine no more wires other than power...

Using local wireless network protocol?

Bruceb

Where did you get the April date? I contacted Saitek directly, back in January and was told "late January, early February." Well, it's late February right now, and still nothing. I tried contacting Saitek again and this time they aren't returning my queries. It would be very nice if Saitek would comment on this publicly, since there are a whole lot of us who use their products. Else, there may be a mutiny, if and when someone comes out with a competing product and a fair price. We're getting tired of this, ya know.

Did you see that e-Bay ad? One hundred and four sold, at $445.88 per? Damn!

Saitek Pro Flight Three Lever Throttle Quadrant PZ45 by Mad Catz ** PS2 type **
  • $445.88
  • Buy It Now
  • 104 sold

Where did you get the April date? I contacted Saitek directly, back in January and was told "late January, early February." Well, it's late February right now, and still nothing. I tried contacting Saitek again and this time they aren't returning my queries. It would be very nice if Saitek would comment on this publicly, since there are a whole lot of us who use their products. Else, there may be a mutiny, if and when someone comes out with a competing product and a fair price. We're getting tired of this, ya know.

Well I'm all set and my new one goes south I will be looking at other products - that price for plastic all set

Richard,

I do not "buy" those sales reports at that price.  No pun intended! Just do not believe there are that many buyers who would pay 8X the list price for something they could possibly wait longer for. The price increment  vs the benefit over time is just way to great! Makes absolutely no sense.

I have the Pro Cessna Yoke and the one quadrant that comes with it.  I move one power lever and see two move in the VCs of my twins. Same with the conditioning and mixture levers (where both appropriate).  Adding a second Q and moving two levers to see two move is not anywhere near paying that increment.  Not even worth 2X list price for me.  

Fools money is fools money.

Wish this was like Facebook where I could see Likes!

Richard,

I do not "buy" those sales reports at that price. 

Frank I was thinking the same thing Buddy - bunch of crap but the price is not - I can see anyone paying that for it

On a side note - I did not like the serial quadrant on my Cessna yoke so I bought another usb version - good thing I did when I did - the reason I bought usb version and dumped serial version is I dont like how they come up as one in controllers menu so now separated and a lot nicer

CH is a decent product for throttle anyway - gave mine away but I would have a problem buying one of those if this one goes south as for yoke the Cessna is the best you can buy in its price range

I have been on back order for these throttles since LAST SEPTEMBER with FSPilotshop, The back order wait list was 30 days now its 90, it keeps getting move further and further. Oh but they give you an option to add that money to purchase a more expensive throttle setup, I for one can't afford to buy $500 throttles, my budget is tight now.

Had to quit flying, my saitek throttles are worn out, move them 2 inches and they spike full.

Where did you get the April date?

From the PC Aviator (Australia) site.

Looking at what the asking price is on Ebay for Saitek throttles glad I picked up mine from PC Case Gear in Melbourne Australia last September for 85 AUD.  

Bruceb

There are people who sit at home on ebay all day who "speculate" just like the stock market. When they see a perceived shortage they buy up remaining items and inflate the price 2x.. Love it when these gold diggers get stuck with worthless stock 2 months later and they are still trying to sell it for $ 400 and production has resumed and the price is back to normal. Be patient either they will be out of business and you can buy something else or they will be back in stock.

From the PC Aviator (Australia) site.

Looking at what the asking price is on Ebay for Saitek throttles glad I picked up mine from PC Case Gear in Melbourne Australia last September for 85 AUD.  

Bruceb

Well, my FSX works just fine without these Saitek quads. So I'm not really down and out. And the price on Amazon is still $59 per...I'm not spending $400, or even $80, just to get the product sooner.

I'd just like Saitek to speak up and tell us what's up.

I have been on back order for these throttles since LAST SEPTEMBER with FSPilotshop, The back order wait list was 30 days now its 90, it keeps getting move further and further. Oh but they give you an option to add that money to purchase a more expensive throttle setup, I for one can't afford to buy $500 throttles, my budget is tight now.

Had to quit flying, my saitek throttles are worn out, move them 2 inches and they spike full.

Dale! This is Flight Simulation! It is of paramount importance! At least adapt to fly with the always available keyboard and rudder pedals until flight no longer exists!

Posted on another thread, but here goes: Saitek contacted me this morning via their Facebook page, and told me that the throttle quadrants would be shipping in May. Really? I went to their site, and they're gearing up for Space Citizen and other space sims, with all sorts of fancy gaming mice and other controllers, but they can't seem to produce their regular product line. Methinks they're bailing on the old stuff, and putting all of their resources into the future.

Sad. I really liked their products - had an X-52, have the X55, have their rudder pedals, really wanted the throttles. Now it looks like I'm stuck with the CH throttles. I'm not waiting until May, when they'll probably say, "early November."

And as for wireless? I won't be holding my breath on that, either.

Decided tonight - going with the CH throttles. It will cost me about $12 more through Amazon, but that's with free 2nd day shipping. I'm not waiting till May, IF it will be May. I'll be flying with my new throttles on Friday.

Bye, bye, Saitek.