Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Flight 1 Mustang for Prepar3d is out!

Also, if you haven't seen my other post here is a really nice paint that also includes interior......

http://library.flight1.net/?p=764

One of my favorite paints... but can't stand the incorrect callsign.  Not a valid US callsign.  I might have to change it.

Another one (and my very favorite) is N510CJ painted by Johnny Rosario.  I think I read somewhere the poor guy had a eye injury and won't be painting for some time!  

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=161626

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm glad I purchased the Mustang. I think the model and VC look fine. Wasn't this aircraft first developed in 2009 or something?

The G1000 is more than adequate. While I wish some features were included (like entering airways in the flightplan, ability to activate a specific leg), you can enter SIDS and STARS, fly RNAV approaches, etc are great features. I did a flight from KSEZ to KEGE and performance was very good. It was a blast to fly.

Where can I find good liveries for this? I checked our library here and didn't find many.,

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Where can I find good liveries for this? I checked our library here and didn't find many.,

Ryan had some in his post up above.  Also, some more here...

http://library.flight1.net/?cat=7

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Todd I'm 99 % sure you can "activate leg." I think you cursor over the point you want the route at and press MENU or something - it's been a while since I've flown it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

IMO this is the best business jet available. (Sure it has limitations, but it was built some time ago)

They even fixed several P3D release bugs in less than 24 hours.

Its been a long time since I flew a BJ  without having a CTD or any other problem.

Can be improved? Yes,  but somehow I know F1 will not let us down.

Todd I'm 99 % sure you can "activate leg." I think you cursor over the point you want the route at and press MENU or something - it's been a while since I've flown it.

Yes, correct, pull up the flight plan and scroll down to the waypoint you wish next.  CLICK DIR> and ACTIVATE  ... voila   :smile:

WAT1460.png

Agreed. The High Sierra paints are a must have for the Mustang. The interior options are especially nice. If you have the Mustang and don't have this, you're missing out!

Scott

Hey tttocs, you back to simming these days?  Did you finally warm up to the Mustang?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Seems like I got my graphics card issue sorted out.  I took it up for a half hour.  (It's weeeeird simming again :P )  I just took off from Sonoma northbound and just flew it around, feeling it, checking my mods, etc.  It's very nice having an airplane that can fly decent distances in short amounts of time where everything, fairly much, works.  Built-in NAV so nothing to do there other than update my AIRAC.  I still have a lot to look over and remember.  My hardware control settings aren't right yet and I haven't noticed any of the new stuff yet...but it was fun to fly.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

Hey tttocs, you back to simming these days? Did you finally warm up to the Mustang?

No, Gregg - still not simming.  I'm sure I'll come back eventually and there are certainly times when I think "It'd be nice to launch a flight this evening", but the desire still hasn't peaked enough to jump in and do the maintenance needed before I can restart.

As for the Mustang, it was about the time that you were sharing your Mustang mods that I stopped flying, so I never really went back to revisit the plane in any serious sort of way.  It's a plane I still WANT to like, but I know that to truly enjoy flying it I need to make more of my controls work properly.  The more I have to use the mouse to do fundamental tasks the more I'm distracted from really enjoying the plane.  For example, I've never quite gotten my Saitek multi-panel set up to properly control the AP (even with SPAD), and it drives me crazy that there's no way (that I've found, anyway) to get my throttles mapped to advance past the gate at startup, and so on.

Glad to hear that you've picked up the new P3D version.  I know it's a favorite of yours, and it sounds like it may be the push you need to slowly work your way back into things.

Enjoy!

Scott

Glad to hear that you've picked up the new P3D version. I know it's a favorite of yours, and it sounds like it may be the push you need to slowly work your way back into things

Slowly, yes.  I got my control issues worked out this morning.  Took a couple of flights and everything worked.  I'm trying to take a different perspective on it this time, worrying less and less about tweaking and just flying.  I'm also whittling down the addons, even throwing away some problem airports.  I just want a turn-key experience.  Turn it on, fly, turn it off. 

Have you tried LINDA in place of SPAD?  I gave SPAD up over a year ago.

Gregg Seipp

Have you tried LINDA in place of SPAD? I gave SPAD up over a year ago.

No, I haven't yet.  Just one more of those things I need to take the time to figure out.

Scott

Edit:  I should also note that I'm still using the older SPAD, not the new versions.

Bought it last night and did a quick circuit around an airport to check it out. Already familiar with the G1000, I just need to read over more of the other systems. This is my first jet too as I've always been a prop guy.

I did notice a hit to my FPS, so I need to set that straight when I get off work.

Love the manual that comes with it. Very detailed.

Yes, correct, pull up the flight plan and scroll down to the waypoint you wish next.  CLICK DIR> and ACTIVATE  ... voila   :smile:

Yup, I know how to go direct. I was just wondering if there was a way to activate a leg that you are going to intercept. I thought you just highlight the next waypoint and hit "enter" to activate that leg. I haven't tried "Menu". I'll try Ryan's suggestion next time.

Greetings All,

Have finally gotten some time to really spend with the Mustang, and I have to say I really like her!  Performance isn't as bad as I first feared, though could still be improved when heavily using the G1000.  Model and flight dynamics are great though, tons of little details, and I'm really enjoying learning to properly fly her.

So, this led me to my first question... I took her out to Orbx's fantastic Pago Pago region, and nothing shows up on the G1000.  Is there a way to add this airport data or update?  I'm not very familiar with the Flight 1 system here.

Thanks!

Allen