Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Flight 1 Mustang for Prepar3d is out!

F1-Mustang-P3D

Edited by Jim Young
Removed link as it was linked directly to the .exe which could be dangerous. Should post link to Product Page. Thanks for the heads-up!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Could anyone please post some highres screenshots? I tried the Citation X and while it is probably the best bizjet in terms of flight characteristics and avionics I couldn't get warm with the looks of it. Ten years show after all. Curious to learn about how the Mustang hold. 

Thanks

Could anyone please post some highres screenshots? I tried the Citation X and while it is probably the best bizjet in terms of flight characteristics and avionics I couldn't get warm with the looks of it. Ten years show after all. Curious to learn about how the Mustang hold. 

Thanks

See this review: https://youtu.be/l8L_6inVuog

Does this installer include the option to install into FSX?

Rodney Hudlow

Got It,

Installing......

Ready to do a Test Run.

I'm a happy camper.

Now I read the Manuals....

Does this installer include the option to install into FSX?

Rodney Hudlow

No, the installer for P3D is only for P3D. If you want it for FSX then you buy that version.

Thanks a lot for this one. Need to check it out live I guess. Looking for the perfect BJ for months now, having the 850XP, the Phenom 100 and 300 and the Citation X. Still looking for that balance of good systems and good visuals. 

Great video, thanks for link.

Curious for someone that has it, what would it be comparable to system performance (FPS) wise? Are we talking PMDG levels or not that bad?

Thanks

Great video, thanks for link.

Curious for someone that has it, what would it be comparable to system performance (FPS) wise? Are we talking PMDG levels or not that bad?

Thanks

And, maybe nobody needs it, but can flight plans be loaded and saved? Don't get me wrong, I like to spend considerable time with the right flight plan, including SID and STAR but I like to load it as is and reuse for practicing. I wonder why this is a rare feature.

Hello

I retired that fleet long ago.

I just got the Mustang a while ago, and I need to do more testing.

but, with my settings + ASN and Sitting or doing the pattern at ORBX KHQM, it is showing 20-24 FPS,

Haven't done a FP yet, sorry

Please Note: Edited several times;

Upd 1.- FPS went down the moment I turned cabin lights on.

Upd 2.-In heavy clouds it suffers, 12-16 FPS :sad: (Around default KSEA). VAS over KSEA 2.3 some stuttering.

Back to KHQM.

Wow! changed some settings (reduced MSAA to 4) and I am getting up to 40 FPS on approach at FL12

Plane is a beauty, the Garmin, graphics and lightning are great, very responsive.

It needs resources, bit heavy on the FPS, but in P3D even at low frames, its rather smooth.

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback guys!  I ended up picking her up, excited to dig deeper.  Initial thoughts are yes, it's really tough on framerates because of their G1000.  I'll have to tinker some more, but outside views, I'm 80+fps, VC w/ G1000 on 20-25fps, and VC w/ G1000 off while flying (I know not an option but was curious what exactly toll it took!) 40-50 fps.

So, bottom line, this is a tough aircraft on FPS.... I dare say harder than the PMDG 737 NGX, which is disappointing.

Not sure how this will effect my actual usage, but it's definitely a limiting factor to this aircraft.

I will say, unless you are zoomed in close to the panel, this aircraft has aged very well graphically.

Where is the product page? I don;t see it at Flight 1

Where is the product page? I don;t see it at Flight 1

Not yet on the sales page, here are  links to the Support Page  and to the Package File download.

Note: There are a few bugs, on the MFD Departures SID, and some light switches, but they are actively working on it. We already got a test fix.

I'm not sure why the G1000 would be so heavy on fps. Clearly nothing has changed. I mean, after all, NGX and the Q400 run flawlessly, and system modeling and graphics are far superior. I never did understand this about the Mustang. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback guys!  I ended up picking her up, excited to dig deeper.  Initial thoughts are yes, it's really tough on framerates because of their G1000.  I'll have to tinker some more, but outside views, I'm 80+fps, VC w/ G1000 on 20-25fps, and VC w/ G1000 off while flying (I know not an option but was curious what exactly toll it took!) 40-50 fps.

So, bottom line, this is a tough aircraft on FPS.... I dare say harder than the PMDG 737 NGX, which is disappointing.

Not sure how this will effect my actual usage, but it's definitely a limiting factor to this aircraft.

I will say, unless you are zoomed in close to the panel, this aircraft has aged very well graphically.

There are a few things you can do to help FPS like turn off the FO screens

is it available for FSX-SE?

Out of my price range...$A66 getting a bit cost prohibitive.

Out of my price range...$A66 getting a bit cost prohibitive.

Actually Steve its around A$46.00. The Flight1 website has not been updated to show the new US$35.00 price point.

Cheers

David Howe

is it available for FSX-SE?

Yes, it has been available in FSX-SE since version 1.09.  However, the FSX-SE version will not work in P3D.  You will need to buy again if you want P3D.  I would suggest holding on until the dust is clear as Flight1 lowered the price for all version, but the current download at their site may not been updated with the new price yet.

The ironic part of this story is......after wanting a P3D version of the Mustang for so long, I am now considering whether I actually need it! I have been enjoying flying the A2A Simulations Piper Cherokee 180 this year, and I have recently purchased the Piper Comanche 250. I have hardly touched the latter so far (I am currently checking out all of my UK airfields in the Cherokee, and looking for obvious visual issues during final approach to all of the runways), so there seems little point in grabbing the Mustang just because it is there. The two A2A Simulations aircraft can get in and out of a lot more airfields than even the Mustang (which has pretty impressive capability in this department for a jet), and I am really only a "low and slow" VFR flyer. The advantage of the Mustang over these two is that it has two engines that balance each other out (and no propeller torque), so it remains stable in flight without engaging the autopilot. Yeah, I know. Call me an amateur. I can take it :wink:

The 3D model looks very nice, but the textures.. oh man.. that's average at the best, the internal especially looks like textures from Arma2 vehicles, everything is so flat and unrealistic IMO.

You're attitude towards payware developers is wearing very thin. Maybe you should install the SDK and give this development business a try for yourself, I think you'll reach the conclusion that payware addons are more than reasonably priced, especially after you've watched your payware addon "outsell" the retail outlets by a factor of 100 on the torrent sites.

• Upvote 3

You're attitude towards payware developers is wearing very thin. Maybe you should install the SDK and give this development business a try for yourself, I think you'll reach the conclusion that payware addons are more than reasonably priced, especially after you've watched your payware addon "outsell" the retail outlets by a factor of 100 on the torrent sites.

Attack other forum members and being polemic is against the forum rules, you should avoid that please.
I don't have to install any SDK, i'm not a addon developer, I do another job, I am a customer and as customer I'm entitled to criticize the products.
Returning to the thread, as I already said, the textures aren't nowhere near the quality of the 3D model (that is very nice), so put the two together will make it even more evident.
We have good example of well textured aircrafts in P3D/FSX, I don't think I have to post a list for you to compare.
The piracy is a problem indeed, but it's no way related to this critic, nor it is a justification: it's not because of the piracy that an artist put less effort to deploy his/her product.
If you believe the aircraft is OK, and I'm wrong, post your facts (if you wish), but my attitude isn't surely a problem of you if the forum rules are respected. Thank you.
  • Upvote 1

I don't have to install any SDK, i'm not a addon developer

That was obvious 44 posts ago.

That was obvious 44 posts ago.

You must have missed the first of my previous message... and it was the first for a reason. :)

Have a good day.

I find it smooth (4770k, 780gtx, win7-64, 16 gigs ram, 27" monitor 2600x1440). G1000 is nice to have. Glad I bought it. Fun machine.