Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

How Do I Update Prepar3D V3 Using the New Installers

A question about updating Scenery - Many third party installers will rename particular stock scenery files to e.g. *.old in order to avoid conflicts. Will updating the scenery.msi cause those files to get re-written?

Regarding Orbx only.

Most of the Orbx Global Airports will Install files into Scenery\World\Scenery,  With this Update they are not touched at all 

Orbx Libs will Install files into Scenery\Global\Texture and Scenery\Global\Scenery,  These seem to be untouched as well,  Either way you should run the Libs again.

Orbx Global,  You will have to Reinstall again,  Most of the files in Scenery\ World\Texture are over written back to Default,  No need to Uninstall Global,  Just run the Installer again  

Prepar3D V 3.3.3 has been released. 

If you have purchases Prepar3D V3,  you can Log in and Download the next Update V 3.3.3  from here  http://www.prepar3d.com/purchased_downloads/

Updating Prepar3D Using the Update Installers:  Its the Exact same procedure as before. Please Read the Complete Thread for this Procedure.  I have also Included a "Questions and Answers" part,  Page 3, #36 

Power Points:  

You Need to Update Client Only to bring you to Version 3.3   Scenery and Content are Optional. 

V 3.3 Client:  This will Not effect Any Scenery or Airplane.   

This may effect some Utilities though. At the time of writing this,  Active Sky Next is waiting for an Update,  GTN 750 is waiting for an Update.  (They will release updates very soon)    

FSUIPC has released an Update that supports P3D 3.3  (you never need to uninstall FSUIPC first before you Install the new Version of FSUIPC) 

====================

V 3.3 Content Update:  After you Update with Content,  Do the following  (If you have these  Add On's) 

(1) To sort your Orbtx Autogen Entries,  Go to your FTX Control Panel.  Click either FTX Global or Europe and click apply,  That's it. 

(2) Go to your Rex_Texture Control Panel and Inject your Theme again. 

(3) Run the FSDT addon_Manager again if you have any FSDT Products like Airports or Ground Services X Installed  https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

(4) Inject PrecipitFX again.      

(5) Install Orbtx Libs again 

=================================

V3.3 Scenery: This will effect Nothing else but Scenery.   Most of the Orbx Global Airports will Install files into Scenery\World\Scenery,  With this Update they are Not touched at all.

Orbx Global:  You will have to Reinstall again,  A lot of the files in Scenery\ World\Texture are over written back to Default,  No need to Uninstall Global,  Just run the Installer again

Run the Orbx Libs again  (Just to be safe)   

===================================

For an ongoing Discussion about the release of prepar3D V 3.3.3 and other Links and V3.3 Compatible Software Updates. http://www.avsim.com/topic/489472-prepar3d-v333-released/page-1

• Upvote 1

Is there any advantage updating the other 2 modules in addition to the Client one?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Some third party add ons need the content updated but the scenery is optional - nothing special changed.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Some third party add ons need the content updated but the scenery is optional - nothing special changed.

Vic

Could you please name them? Or some of them? Thanks!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Very informative indeed Poppet - Thanks!

*Update* 

A Hotfix has been Released,  Prepar3D 3.3.517625.  

This hotfix corrects two major issues identified quickly after release:

•  
  • Third party scenery visual anomalies. Various visual artifacts, increased memory usage, and missing features.
  •  
  • Multiplayer sessions only showing other players if they were the last to join.
  •  

===========================

This Hotfix only requires a Client Update.

You must Uninstall the old Client first.  Go to your Control Panel,  Click into Uninstall a Program  Right Click and Uninstall,  Be sure you are Uninstalling the Client only  

26961708463_5cf5e4ce78_o.png

You can update Client directly from the Prepar3D Website.  Client is a stand alone Installer, you can just Click and Install,  No other files are needed

27536192026_a57e419fe2_o.png

When Completed,  Restart your Computer 

Sorry Elaine but I highly suggest an unistall and complete cleaning of 3.3 and re-install of this new version to many weird issues with 3.3 - dont trust an update this time around - just my 2 cents

Rich Sennett

If people are more comfortable do a full Uninstall and Reinstall,  yes they can do that alright.  Personally i always do a full Uninstall\Reinstall  

But in saying that, all that is needed is the Client Update to solve these specific issues.  

Judging by the forums,  this Client update has solved the issues regarding Scenery.

That choice is yours (the people)  

Hi guys,

um, bit confused...I've been reading through this, but the current updated tutorial is for installing the hotfix...I'm using 3.2.3.16769.

If want to avoid a full reinstall, I uninstall client, scenery, content (in that order) and then install client, scenery, content (in that order also)?

and as for uninstalling ftx global, vector, ftx regions, is that done before I even begin uninstalling the p3d components?

Sorry, just trying not to muck it up!

edit--got it all sorted, nevermind : )

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Hello Purr,

If your Updating Prepar3D using this method (Update Installers)  Don't Uninstall any of your 3rd Party Software, there is no need!!

If want to avoid a full reinstall, I uninstall client, scenery, content (in that order) and then install client, scenery, content (in that order also)?

Yes,  Uninstall your 3 components,  Client, Scenery and Content,  Restart your computer

Yes, Most important Install Client first!!    Then the other 2,  It does not matter in which order.  Restart your computer.  

====================== 

If you have Orbx Scenery? 

Run the FTX Global Installer again (if you have it)   Don't Uninstall it, Just Re-run the Installer again.

Run the Orbx Library's again.  

==========

Do this (if you have these Add On's)

Go to your Rex_Texture Control Panel and Inject your Theme again. 

Run the FSDT addon_Manager again if you have any FSDT Products like Airports or Ground Services X Installed  https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

Inject PrecipitFX again.      

Where is the client installer. The download page only has the FULL zip package and the .MSI package. I have the professional license. 

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

There is a little + "Plus" sign,  Click on it and it will drop down 

+ Individual Component Downloads (click to expand)

V 3.3 Content Update:  After you Update with Content,  Do the following  (If you have these  Add On's) 

(1) To sort your Orbtx Autogen Entries,  Go to your FTX Control Panel.  Click either FTX Global or Europe and click apply,  That's it. 

Quick Question: Now that FTX Central V2 uses the unified lclookup, there is no "switching" regions option. How does this effect the V3.3 Content update process?

Thanks,

Daniel