Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

How Do I Update Prepar3D V3 Using the New Installers

Quick Question: Now that FTX Central V2 uses the unified lclookup, there is no "switching" regions option. How does this effect the V3.3 Content update process

Hello Daniel,  with the new FTX Update........... 

When you Run a Content Update,  It will leave your Autogen back to Default.   All you do is open up your FTX Control Panel,  That's It   :smile:  

When you open your FTX Control Panel you will Notice on the bottom left  "Syncing Update Data"  will be Automatically doing its thing assuring your Autogen files are in order.

Hello Daniel,  with the new FTX Update........... 

When you Run a Content Update,  It will leave your Autogen back to Default.   All you do is open up your FTX Control Panel,  That's It   :smile:  

When you open your FTX Control Panel you will Notice on the bottom left  "Syncing Update Data"  will be Automatically doing its thing assuring your Autogen files are in order.

Thank you very much - I'm going to upgrade this evening!

I am a little late to the party as I have had my P3D computers taken down for some house renovations.  I am back up now but still on v3.2.  

I have two questions - are the component downloads now updated to include the patch ?

If I just want to update components do I need just the client are also the content and scenery ?  My preference would be not to have to reinstall addons like ORBX.

thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hello Mark.  The latest Version is Prepar3D 3.3.517625   Yes the patch is included  *A Full Fat Release*   

Doing a Client and Content Update will Not effect Orbx Scenery 

Client:  You will Need Client for definite (if you want to update)  

Content:  Some 3rd Party Software need the Content updated,  So its highly recommended to Update Content

Scenery:   There was no change in Scenery going from 3.2.3  to  3.3.5  So No need to Update there

=============

What to Do....... 

(1) Uninstall Client and Content  Restart your Computer.  

(2) Install the Client First,  Then the Content   Restart your Computer

After you Update 

Client:   Most Utilities like Active Sky Next,  GTN 750 and FSUIPC have all been Updated already to support this version,  So just download the lasted Version from the Vendors website or Forums

Content:

After you Update with Content,  Do the following  (If you have these  Add On's) 

(1) To sort your Orbtx Autogen Entries,  When you Run a Content Update,  It will leave your Autogen files back to Default.   All you do is open up your FTX Control Panel,  That's It   When you open your FTX Control Panel you will Notice on the bottom left  "Syncing Update Data"  will be Automatically doing its thing assuring your Autogen files are in order.

(2) Go to your Rex_Texture Control Panel Or Soft Clouds Control Panel and Inject your Theme again. 

(3) Run the FSDT addon_Manager again if you have any FSDT Products like Airports or Ground Services X Installed  https://www.fsdreamt...donmanager.html

(4) Inject PrecipitFX again.      

(5)  Run Orbtx Libs Installer again  (Just to be on the safe side) 
  • Upvote 2

Hello

I hope you can help me, I am thinking about upgrading my P3D to the latest version, to be honest I am not sure what version i am running right now , I think i did a Client and Content upgrade previously from 3.0 ( please see below). I currently use FTX Global and Europe LC but have not upgraded to the latest libs or Central as I don't want the unified look up right now  so have unclicked FTX Central update, am also using LIBS version 160321.

I would ideally like to update everything to the latest version but am unsure how to do it properly, I would like to keep my FTX Global and Europe LC intact without unified look up ( I do have some regions that I would like to install later), just the thought of doing it gives me palpitations :(

here is what i have installed

Content 3.1.2.15831

Professional 3.0.10.14945

Client 3.1.2.15831

Scenery 3.0.10.14945

Can you advise me how to to this via idiot proof instructions :smile:

Many thanks

Daz

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Hello

I hope you can help me, I am thinking about upgrading my P3D to the latest version, to be honest I am not sure what version i am running right now , I think i did a Client and Content upgrade previously from 3.0 ( please see below). I currently use FTX Global and Europe LC but have not upgraded to the latest libs or Central as I don't want the unified look up right now  so have unclicked FTX Central update, am also using LIBS version 160321.

I would ideally like to update everything to the latest version but am unsure how to do it properly, I would like to keep my FTX Global and Europe LC intact without unified look up ( I do have some regions that I would like to install later), just the thought of doing it gives me palpitations :sad:

Content 3.1.2.15831

Client 3.1.2.15831

Scenery 3.0.10.14945

Many thanks

Daz

I think you can do exactly what I did as described in post #64

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hello

I would ideally like to update everything to the latest version but am unsure how to do it properly, I would like to keep my FTX Global and Europe LC intact without unified look up ( I do have some regions that I would like to install later), just the thought of doing it gives me palpitations :sad:

Content 3.1.2.15831

Client 3.1.2.15831

Scenery 3.0.10.14945

Many thanks

Daz

Hello Daz.     

First Download the Complete New version from the Prepar3D Website,   The latest Version is Prepar3D 3.3.517625   *Everything is Included in this Download* 

Click the Red Box to Download the Complete Version 

Click pictures to make BIG

27845062902_74baabf6c1_o.jpg

You Need to Uninstall the old Components first.    Go to your Control Panel  ► Uninstall or change a program.

1  Right Click on Client and click Uninstall.   2 Right Click on Content and Click Uninstall.   3 Right Click on Scenery and Click Uninstall 

After you Uninstall the 3 Components.  Restart your Computer 

27869316651_54e4a3b91c_o.jpg

===========================

1  You Need to Install Client First,  Right Click on Client, Click Install.    2 Right Click on Content,  Click Install.   3  Right Click on Scenery,  Click Install. 

When completed,  Restart your Computer  

27667134610_791eb37a84_o.jpg

=======================

You can now check that your Update was successful by going back to your Control Panel.   Please Note: You will notice that Client and Content have been Updated to 3.3.5 but Scenery has only been Updated to 3.2.3,  This is Normal :smile:     

27334667974_3fa67bde25_o.jpg

========================

Before you start Prepar3D.........

Because you have now done a Scenery Update,  You will have to Run your Orbx Global Installer again,  Do Not Uninstall it,  Just Re-Run the Global Installer again.   

You can then Run your Orbx LIBS version 160321 again (Older Version)

Because you are running the Older Ortx Libs version you will have reconfigure your Autogen files (very simple).....
Go to your FTX Control Panel.  Click either FTX Global or Europe and click apply,  Thats it.  Your Ortx Autogen files are now sorted.  

26078461404_bdddd22a2f_o.png

===================================

Please see post 64 ( 3 above this one)  for more details about different procedures on Varies 3rd Party Software after you Update.

When you Start Prepar3D you will have to Activate again.  This is Normal. 

25655473505_e701bf3813_o.png

In Prepar3D you can Click Help and About Lockheed Martin.  You can check your Version here. Please Note: This is for Version 3.2.3 YOU will see 3.3.5 after you Update) 

25562772091_5499ce2b88_o.png

Hello Mark.  The latest Version is Prepar3D 3.3.517625   Yes the patch is included  *A Full Fat Release*   

Doing a Client and Content Update will Not effect Orbx Scenery 

Client:  You will Need Client for definite (if you want to update)  

Content:  Some 3rd Party Software need the Content updated,  So its highly recommended to Update Content

Scenery:   There was no change in Scenery going from 3.2.3  to  3.3.5  So No need to Update there

=============

What to Do....... 

(1) Uninstall Client and Content  Restart your Computer.  

(2) Install the Client First,  Then the Content   Restart your Computer

After you Update 

Client:   Most Utilities like Active Sky Next,  GTN 750 and FSUIPC have all been Updated already to support this version,  So just download the lasted Version from the Vendors website or Forums

Content:

After you Update with Content,  Do the following  (If you have these  Add On's) 

(1) To sort your Orbtx Autogen Entries,  When you Run a Content Update,  It will leave your Autogen files back to Default.   All you do is open up your FTX Control Panel,  That's It   When you open your FTX Control Panel you will Notice on the bottom left  "Syncing Update Data"  will be Automatically doing its thing assuring your Autogen files are in order.

(2) Go to your Rex_Texture Control Panel Or Soft Clouds Control Panel and Inject your Theme again. 

(3) Run the FSDT addon_Manager again if you have any FSDT Products like Airports or Ground Services X Installed  https://www.fsdreamt...donmanager.html

(4) Inject PrecipitFX again.      

(5)  Run Orbtx Libs Installer again  (Just to be on the safe side) 

Thanks for that excellent post. Now in 3.3 without any problems. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks but is it possible to upgrade from v3.0 directly to 3.3.5 using this method or do I have to uninstall and reinstall from scratch again?

This is what I currently have

Prepar3D Academic - 3.0.10.14945

Prepar3D Academic Client - 3.1.2.15831

Prepar3D Content - 3.0.10.14945

Prepar3D Scenery - 3.0.10.14945

I'm not sure why the Academic Client is a different version from the rest. 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hello Aaron.  Yes you can Upgrade to 3.3.5 from V3.0.   

There has been 3 Updates since V3.0 so Updating Client and Content is a definite,  Updating Scenery is Optional but highly recommended.    

When you mention to rerun my orbx global installers again, are you talking about global base, global vector, global openLC...

Do i just rerun the installers fopr the global base only, all all of them?

What about FTX Trees HD? Does this need to be reinstalled  too?

Thanks for your helpful tutorial Poppet!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

FS Global are meshes right? They reside outside of your p3d root folder, so I'm guessing no.

When you mention to rerun my orbx global installers again, are you talking about global base, global vector, global openLC...

You only have to Re-Run The Orbx Global Base Installer again  

The rule of thumb is any 3rd Party Software that Modifies Default files will have to be Installed again or Inject again IE Rex Texture Direct.  

Do i need to install FS global 2010 again

As far as i know FS Global 2010 Installs Outside the main Prepar3D Core folder?  Correct me if I'm wrong? 

If this is the case,  you Do Not need to Reinstall again