Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

So what could I do with my degree?

I'm going to school for business management and I've thought that maybe a place I'd like to work is someplace I know at least a little bit about the field of work, like airlines, or airports, at this point it's just an associates, and I'd be willing to go farther if I needed it or could make more with a higher level, but money isn't really the issue it's doing something I find interesting. I'm also interested in languages, and I figure working for maybe a global airline in some capacity may solve both my desires of being able to use my languages of study and enjoy my work.  So any ideas? I'm still a couple years away, but I'm done with prerequisites, and I believe in planning ahead, at least to be thinking about what's out there in possibilities.

To make myself more attractive to the whole airline industry I would get a degree in Aviation Business Administration or Aviation Financing, unless being a flight attendant (languages, travel) appeals to you.

I agree with Michael on this.  Do an aviation related degree if you can afford to do another.  It'll give you a good head start.

My degree is in aviation management. i currently work in airport operations ensuring my airport meets part 139 regulations and conducting other administrative duties for the airport.

Try to do projects related to aviation during your studies. Business degrees

often have the option to do some project with a local company, and if you

pick an airport, an airline, or an FBO, that may help to get a foot into

the industry.

Peter

I agree. Id like to add that although an aviation degree may give you a leg up. Getting your foot in the door at an FBO or a smaller GA airport and gaining experience helps greatly.

When I interviewed for my most recent position they were ess interested in my schooling and more interested in my aviation experience.