Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Ultimate Traffic 2 Prepar3D v3 & v4

Its a good result ! 

Good day Elaine,

thank you very much for your very good tutorial on how to install Traffic 2 on P3D, it is working very well on my config!

- I am running Windows 10 Pro.

- I do still have the Migration tool installed, but I have been modifying their fsx.exe file to fsx.exe.old and copying-pasting-renaming the existing Prepar3D.exe to fsx.exe. This is the only deviation I have been doing from your tutorial.

It is working like if I was running FSX, I have been flying more than 3 hours today without any problems.

Take care,

Cheers,

Vincent

• Upvote 1

I get a "License invalid" warning and UT2 closes when clicking "ok" (needless to mention that my license IS valid). Flight1 aren't very helpful - my firewall is disabled and UT2 installer is on the Windows Defender exclude list. I've tried to install it using the manual here and also using the EMT. But no luck. I've even uninstalled UT2, removed all intries in the register and tried again.

Win10, P3D

Torben

Hi Elaine

Yes the utii.dll file is in the right place and the directories have been added to the AVG exclusions.

Torben

Hello 

Have a look at this YouTube Video,  Regarding Windows Defender,  Its a different take on it but maybe might help   

That's unfortunate Torben.  Ut2 can be touchy enough when it comes to Prepar3D.   You did Uninstall UT2 and Download a fresh Wrapper and Install this Yes ?  Keeping in mind my above 2 posts all the relevant steps with your Windows Defender and so on ?

We may have hit a block wall here I'm afraid.   

I have UT2 installed in FSX and now installed p3d. Can someone tell me what steps I have to take? I think I only have to modify some cfg files but I have lost the thread about how to get it running if it is already installed in FSX.

Anyone? Thanks!!

So  you have UT2 Installed for FSX ?  And you want to know how to run it In Prepar3D ? 

Yes - but I think I already got it. I just modified exe.xml & simobjects.cfg pointing to the FSX DIR and have UT2 still in the FSX DIR. Thanks for your good Tutorial, it was already leading into the right direction :-)

Yes,  that's basically it.......

For anybody else wondering..........

Question:  I have Ultimate Traffic 2 Installed for FSX,  I have now Installed Prepar3D v3 can I Use UT2 as well in Prepar3D *without* having to Reinstall UT2 again ?  

Answer:  Yes, we can Copy\Paste some files and folders over,  Also we add a Path= in your Prepar3D exe.xml file to Launch UT2 by pointing it Towards your UT2 FSX Install Location 

========================== 

Note: For best results and to save you time hassle,  Insure you have your UT2 for FSX Installed with all the Schedule's you want before you proceed     

--------

INDEX

-------

(1)  3 UT2 effects

(2)  Simobjects\UT2 Aircraft,    

(3)  Simobjects.cfg,  

(4)  exe.xml file

(1) UT2 effects

Go to:  Your FSX Install location ► Effects  Locate these 3 effects  fx_ut2_tchdwn.fx    fx_ut2_tchdwn_m.fx    fx_ut2_tchdwn_s.fx  Drag your Mouse over the 3 effects to Highlight them,  Right Click and Click Copy  Don't Move it,  Click Copy

Go to:  Prepar3D v3  ► Effects   Paste the above 3 effects into your Prepar3D effects folder.  Click inside to confirm you have done this successfully

=============

(2) Simobjects\UT2 Aircraft

Go to:  Your FSX Install location  ► SimObjects   Right Click on the "UT2 Aircraft"  folder and Click Copy  Don't Move it,  Click Copy

Go to:  Prepar3D v3   Right Click on your Simobjects folder,  Click Paste  Click inside to confirm you now have an "UT2 Aircraft"  folder in there 

Note:  You can also create a Path in your Prepar3D simobjects.cfg to Point to your "UT2 Aircraft"  folder inside your FSX location,  Personally i prefer the above steps ^^^     

=============

(3) Simobjects.cfg

Go here:  Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 ►  Simobjects.cfg  Double left click to open 

How many [Entries] do you have in here ?  A Default simobjects.cfg will have 10 Entries 

If you have 10 Entries ?   You can Copy and Paste the below Entry into your simonjects.cfg and Save it   Note:  If you have more then 10 Entries You will have to change the    Number to correspond with Your last  

[Entry.10]
Path=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True 

Here is an Example with the UT2 Entry in a Default simobjects.cfg 

----)  https://farm2.static...d61ca3ecf_o.png

==============================

(4) exe.xml file

You will be adding in a Path= in your Prepar3D exe.xml file that will Point to your UT2 in your FSX folder,  Basically you will be Launching UT2 for Prepar3D from inside your FSX folder.  

Go here:  Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ►Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3  exe.xml    Right Click on it  >  Open with  > Notepad 

Run your Mouse over the Complete Tex below to Highlight it,  Right Click and Click Copy,    Paste this into Your exe.xml file,  Save it   

Note:  I have left a ?  You have to add your Drive letter here for your FSX Install Location.  I have also left xxxxxxxx  You have to add Your folder path to FSX,  Example Including the folder Path and Drive letter  E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX  

<Launch.Addon>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Name>UT2</Name>
<Path>?:\xxxxxxxxxx\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>

===========

Below  is an Example Only of My exe.xml file for Prepar3D with 1 Add On (UT2) Pointing to my FSX Install location

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Name>UT2</Name>
<Path>E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document> 

Make sure the sound is working on your computer or headphones,  Launch Prepar3D  Do you hear the music ?  ♪ Ultimate Traffic 2 has initialized ♪ 

Please Note...........

If you can hear the music your exe.xml file is set up correctly,  If you cant your exe.xml file is not correct  

If you can hear the music but Can Not see Planes,  This mean your simobjects.cfg is not set up correctly,  Also it could mean  you have Not Copied and Pasted over the "UT2 Aircraft"  folder to your Prepar3D Simobjects folder Or added a path in your simobjects.cfg (Depending on your choice )  

I know it's off topic here but I don't want to start a new topic on this. Is there a big difference in Ultimate Traffic and My traffic? I am asking because I am reinstalling everything including p3d and I do own my traffic but haven't reinstalled it yet.

Kevin Humphryes