Sign in to follow this  
Afterburner

Video Tutorial: How to Install Level D 767 in Prepar3D v3.2 and make it work (almost) properly

Hello flightsimmers,

To those of you who would like to use their beloved Level-D 767 in Prepar3D v3.2 with the ability to access and modify the Level-D menus, I have created a video tutorial for you. Here is the link:

I hope it will be helpful to you. Have fun watching!

• Upvote 1

Awesome you got it working in P3D!  Sure would be nice if someone took this project from Level D and gave it a graphical facelift and fixed up the few bugs. The systems themselves are great.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Yes, it's a pity that progress with this airplane is so slow as far as making it compatible with newer OS/flight simulators, and giving it a graphical overhaul. After all, it wouldn't require the developers to reinvent the wheel. (And as you mentioned, letting someone else take this project would be one viable option).

But alas, I am glad that I can run it on P3D as shown in the video, and the caveats don't really affect its handling. This airplane just feels so "right" when flown by hand!

I have an update for you: Previously, I mentioned at the end of the video that you couldn't export panel states. I have removed that remark, because I have figured out a way to accomplish it. This is how:

- Go to the folder ...[Prepar3D core folder]\Flights\Level-D Simulations 767-300ER.

- Inside that folder, locate the following files:

- Golden Gate Run 1.FLT

- Golden Gate Run 1.FMC

- Golden Gate Run 1.FSSAVE

- Golden Gate Run 1.WX

- Next, select these files and copy & paste them into C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\Documents\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files  (this is a fake folder that was generated by the Estonia Migration tool).

- Next time you start Prepar3D, load the Level-D 767 airplane and access the "Export current panel data to a flight ..." menu, you will see an entry "Level-D Flight 001 ~ The Golden Gate Run (1)". Now you can export your current panel state into this entry/file and overwrite it as many times as you want - and of course import it later if needed.

I would say, one caveat less, and one step closer to full functionality (I still haven't found a cure against CTDs triggered by pressing the GND CALL button, but this is a minor issue IMO.)

Have fun flying the Level-D in Prepar3D!

(Note: I also posted this information in the official Level-D forum by the username "XperienceD")

Hello

Can someone help me with it and jump on my teamviewer??

Send me a pm. Thanks

14ppkc-6.png

the stutters as people mentioned in windows 10.. i have them.

14ppkc-6.png

the stutters as people mentioned in windows 10.. i have them.  its unuseable..  a warning to everyone if you have windows 10... this WILL NOT WORK and will gash up your sim.

It will never work properly in Prepar3D, It doesn't matter if you Install it Manually or the EMT you will always run the risk of crashing\stutter or errors.  

thank god for system image restores on external hdd, my old system is back.  like I said word of warning to others using w10.

14ppkc-6.png

The stutters are caused by Windows 10 and not by using LVLD 767 in P3D itself. I use Windows 7 and have no stutters. If you visit the official LVLD forum, you will notice other users who experience stuttering in Windows 10.