Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

I have occasional flashes - any remedy for that ?

Maybe you're not such a Beardyman after all.

Thanks for your hard work pe11e .  I haven't had a chance to try this yet (my p3d and windows 10 are both broken atm), but I'm looking forward to your fix for one of the last things I wanted to see fixed with prepar3d.  Awesome!

I am very impressed with this shade pack. Looks very impressive, realistic with the shadows, almost XP like. 

LM should implement a similar shade to this by default with P3D along with proper night lighting, then we will be set.

Cheers, and THANK YOU. 

• Upvote 1

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Denali - i sense ur negative shade here.

I would be grateful if u refrain from quoting posts unless u are going to be helpful.

Artur 

Maybe you're not such a Beardyman after all.

Thanks for your hard work pe11e .  I haven't had a chance to try this yet (my p3d and windows 10 are both broken atm), but I'm looking forward to your fix for one of the last things I wanted to see fixed with prepar3d.  Awesome!

I would be grateful if u refrain from quoting posts unless u are going to be helpful.

I actually suffer for the exact same thing... even before RSP so RSP shouldn't be the culprit.

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

I haven't seen flashing before use RSP.

I do not want to complain as RSP is truly neat tool, just seeking for some small advice if possible. 

Artur 

I haven't seen flashing before use RSP.

I do not want to complain as RSP is truly neat tool, just seeking for some small advice if possible. 

I've seen flashing only with SweetFX in FSX DX10. Really don't know what can be culprit here.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Ditto Scott - and the combination really is a 'Game Changer'. Astonishingly realistic visual effects are now achievable (almost on a par with Outerra), in what was an otherwise rather bland vista !! Orbx et.al. should take note (although, in retrospect they probably have), at just what this consortium of guys have produced here.

Lol.  Why should Orbx take note?     They do scenery.  Shaders are not scenery.  Shaders are part of the graphics engine.  LM should take note. 

• Upvote 1

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

Lol.  Why should Orbx take note?     They do scenery.  Shaders are not scenery.  Shaders are part of the graphics engine.  LM should take note. 

Hi Nick. Yea! My bad. I should have elaborated a little bit further before hitting the Reply button!!!  :fool:  My train of thought was actually along the lines of (hypothetically speaking of course), that If someone managed to improve the looks of a product that I already produce and I have just done a deal to supply said scenery to a brand new, upcoming Simulator Company, then I would be pestering the living daylights out of them to implement some sort of similar effects tool in the GUI in order to further enhance my product, amaze the masses and increase my chances of selling lots of lovely DLC in the future.  

• Upvote 1

Please accept this help in understanding that I was jibbing you.  I guess I'd never thought of "beardy men" of being in the domain of people that have hot flashes, but rather thought of a flanneled already cozy warm powerful masculine manly man.  I'm sorry you took it the wrong way.  I figured that someone that carried the sense of humor to establish your moniker would also get the friendly prod.  I'm sorry it wasn't prepared material; it was the first thing I thought when I read about your thermal struggles.  Please accept my lack of preparation.  The only darkness here is from shaving late yesterday so I have an earlier shadow today.

• Upvote 1

Hi Nick. Yea! My bad. I should have elaborated a little bit further before hitting the Reply button!!!  :fool:  My train of thought was actually along the lines of (hypothetically speaking of course), that If someone managed to improve the looks of a product that I already produce and I have just done a deal to supply said scenery to a brand new, upcoming Simulator Company, then I would be pestering the living daylights out of them to implement some sort of similar effects tool in the GUI in order to further enhance my product, amaze the masses and increase my chances of selling lots of lovely DLC in the future.  

Ahh, I see.  No worries!

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

Hi Nick. Yea! My bad. I should have elaborated a little bit further before hitting the Reply button!!! :fool: My train of thought was actually along the lines of (hypothetically speaking of course), that If someone managed to improve the looks of a product that I already produce and I have just done a deal to supply said scenery to a brand new, upcoming Simulator Company, then I would be pestering the living daylights out of them to implement some sort of similar effects tool in the GUI in order to further enhance my product, amaze the masses and increase my chances of selling lots of lovely DLC in the future.

My concerns lie more with Pe11e and protecting his entitlement to have his work acknowledged should such a similar effects tool be implemented in future versions of P3D. Let's face it, there can be only so many ways such results can be achieved and his ShaderHLSL mods and source code are there for anyone to see and copy. Why reinvent the wheel when some generous soul has done it for you? He has asked for nothing in return other than the satisfaction of a job well done and witnessing the pleasure his extraordinary tool has given to our community.

Mike

• Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

My concerns lie more with Pe11e and protecting his entitlement to have his work acknowledged should such a similar effects tool be implemented in future versions of P3D. Let's face it, there can be only so many ways such results can be achieved and his ShaderHLSL mods and source code are there for anyone to see and copy. Why reinvent the wheel when some generous soul has done it for you? He has asked for nothing in return other than the satisfaction of a job well done and witnessing the pleasure his extraordinary tool has given to our community.

Mike

Honestly, I highly doubt LM would use a tool such as he has done.  They would just make the shader values the same as he has.  However, if they use the values he has come about with, or they used his values to start and tweaked them, his massive contribution should certainly be acknowledged by LM.

- Nick

Honestly, I highly doubt LM would use a tool such as he has done. They would just make the shader values the same as he has. However, if they use the values he has come about with, or they used his values to start and tweaked them, his massive contribution should certainly be acknowledged by LM.

There's a lot more going on than just tweaking a few values. I ran a file compare a week or two back and came across a large block of new code in one file. It seems to me that to have done what Pe11e has accomplished 1) you need the appropriate skills and 2) you need the photographer's talent for lighting and colour awareness. Quite clearly, he has both in spades :)

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.