Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Un tour di aeroporti militari italiani

Nice rig, Bryan!  But two keyboards?  :unknw:

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Stew & any others using the FSX Bearcat from SOH. (F8F-2XMod.zip) The VC radios flood in a MP enviroment. Mainly the NAV & ADF Idents. Just comment out to stop all flooding.

In the panel.cfg - 

[Vcockpit03]
file=banquetteD.bmp 
Background_color=1,1,1 
size_mm=120,1000
visible=0
pixel_size=360,3000
texture=$banquetteD
gauge00=F8F_Instr!Radio_COM1,  0,0,110,150
//gauge01=F8F_Instr!Radio_NAV1,  0,150,110,150
//gauge02=F8F_Instr!Radio_ADF,  0,300,110,150
gauge03=F8F_Instr!Radio_XPDR,  0,450,110,150

EDIT! - These radios are also used in the original Alpha Bleu Ciel & the Shupe updated versions for FS9. Not only in the VC but a 2D panel too.

[Window04]
file=Bearcat_Right_Console.bmp 
size_mm=257,768
position=8
visible=0
ident=44

gauge00=F8F_Instr!Radio_COM1,                                4, 212, 248, 139
//gauge01=F8F_Instr!Radio_NAV1,                                4, 351, 248, 139
//gauge02=F8F_Instr!Radio_ADF,                                 4, 490, 248, 139
gauge03=F8F_Instr!Radio_XPDR,                                4, 629, 248, 139 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Nice rig, Bryan!  But two keyboards?  :unknw:

LOL...sorry a bit miss leading, the other keyboard is for my old computer which is still setup as I haven't reinstalled everything yet and sometimes there are files that one might need from the original setups.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Thanks Roman. That may well have been the cause of a few random disconnects. Despite a few trials and tribulations we came through in the end. :smile:

To anyone I was rude to...I didn't mean it.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Thanks Roman. That may well have been the cause of a few random disconnects. Despite a few trials and tribulations we came through in the end. :smile:

To anyone I was rude to...I didn't mean it.

No problem whatsoever Ron.. It was completely my fault for not letting Stew know about the radios. :vava: Whether or not it was the F8F causing dropouts is still to be determined. For instance, my dropouts only started happening after Bryan? selected the Bf 109.. A huge "head scratcher".  (Not blaming - just an observation) I'll have a quick tutorial up this morning showing how it's possible to check for flooding of ones own aircraft. It's easy - peasy & takes less than 15 seconds.    

A few shots from yesterday. Being a "space case" throught the afternoon I missed out on a few shutterbug oppourtunities. Yes I did have animation issues on a few aircraft. Gear not showing up, landing lights pointing down etc.. Oh Well. A fun afternoon!

SS_07May16_131138_LFKB_0.4nm.jpg?dl=0

SS_07May16_133414_LIRJ_8.7nm.jpg?dl=0

SS_07May16_135434_LIRS_0.3nm.jpg?dl=0

SS_07May16_140217_LIRS_0.3nm.jpg?dl=0

SS_07May16_142640_LIRS_66.3nm.jpg?dl=0

SS_07May16_142823_LIRS_66.3nm.jpg?dl=0

SS_07May16_144542_LIRS_99.5nm.jpg?dl=0

SS_07May16_144619_LIRS_102.2nm.jpg?dl=0

SS_07May16_145119_LIRS_111.8nm.jpg?dl=0

SS_07May16_145804_LIRS_111.8nm.jpg?dl=0

SS_07May16_150359_LIRS_110.7nm.jpg?dl=0

SS_07May16_150541_LIRS_108.4nm.jpg?dl=0

SS_07May16_150637_LIRS_107.4nm.jpg?dl=0

SS_07May16_153743_LIPC_3.5nm.jpg?dl=0

Nice shots, I have a few I will post.

In the meantime, I found out my issues, I made an aircraft reinstall the night before, tested them out quickly and went to bed.  Turns out that I wasn't fully patched.  Problems are fixed now.  The Bf109 worked perfectly in the end.

And there is an incompatibility of some sort with Sarzana (our last stop), as mentioned I am using UTX EUR v2.0 and the Orbx suite Global, Vector and Open LC.  That airport is listed in UTX, I tried the re-positioning and that failed to fix, I used the AEC tool with and without UTX airport enabled and disabled and that failed to fix the issue.

I have UTX positioned in the higher priority to ensure it takes precedence over Vector, all vector elements work perfectly except at that airport that I can see.

I removed all the airport elements from UTX and therefore I should have no issue but I still do...darn peculiar. 

Bryan

Shots of Sarzana, last one is with Vector airport in priority, and I have a road right though the middle, no doubt from UTX.

BRYAN-PC-2016-may-7-049.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-may-7-050.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-may-8-001.md.jpg

Some shots from yesterday.

BRYAN-PC-2016-may-7-001.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-may-7-003.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-may-7-008.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-may-7-012.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-may-7-014.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-may-7-016.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-may-7-023.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-may-7-024.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-may-7-028.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-may-7-036.md.jpg
BRYAN-PC-2016-may-7-040.md.jpg

Near CAM3

What a cracking show of screenies. Well done boys. :BigGrin:

Since the warbirds went down reasonably well and because we must be beginning to feel comfortable in single seaters :p0504:, there'll be more of the same next week. With a few alps thrown in. 

Stew will probably have bought the Accusim Spitfire as well I've no doubt. :spiteful:

I should mention that Bryan's third from the bottom screen shot gets first prize in the action section. Good catch!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

One thing that really makes flying these birds fun, is the rumble of those engines.

Near CAM3

What a cracking show of screenies. Well done boys. :BigGrin:

Since the warbirds went down reasonably well and because we must be beginning to feel comfortable in single seaters :p0504:, there'll be more of the same next week. With a few alps thrown in. 

Stew will probably have bought the Accusim Spitfire as well I've no doubt. :spiteful:

I should mention that Bryan's third from the bottom screen shot gets first prize in the action section. Good catch!

Indeed!  I bought it last night.  Printing the manual as I type.  Hope to get familiar enough to fly it next week.  But if not, I'll stick with the Bearcat.

Stew

I just finished reading the Accu-Sim manual that accompanies the A2A Spitfire, not the "Pilot's Notes", which amounts to A2A's owner's manual.  Lots of interesting historical information about the Spitfire and its quirks and foibles, as well as its strengths.  Particularly interesting was the discussion of the early Spits losing power in a negative g dive due to a faulty carburetor design, said design being remedied by a female engineer and trophy winning motorcycle racer.  Her solution was unceremoniously dubbed "Schilling's Orifice" and "Tilly's Orifice" by the "cheeky" Spit pilots, whose aircraft's carburetor repairs were personally carried out by Miss Schilling and her team.  I love stories like this.  Also of interest was the replacement of the cloth-covered ailerons by aluminum covered ones to improve aileron responsiveness at high speeds.

Stew

Yeah, all A2A Manuals are worth reading, they include tons of interesting material!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider