Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

WX Advantage Weather Radar!

Will this work with P3dV3.1? And ASN?

It will not work on 3.1 - has to be the very latest version of P3D

since  rich  is using  p3d   and  asn,  and  rex  said  it  will work on any addon  wx  weather  engine  including  fsx   default so yes

Sorry Pete I did not state that - I said you needed the last version of P3D 3.2 - if you go back you will see thats what I stated - I could not test it as I had the first round of P3D 3.2 all ready loaded and did not have a registration issue so I never bothered with it

Milviz also stated you need the the latest version of 3.2 - there is two versions - not sure why both versions are not supported

Rich Sennett

Sorry Pete I did not state that - I said you needed the last version of P3D 3.2

Thx  for  confirming   although  in the min requirement it  said  you   can have p3d2.5   so I  assumed   anything  above  this    version would work?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

How is this different than the wx radar in pmdg products? Same with aerosoft airbus? Im genuinly confused.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

P3D 2.5 and 3.2 only. It's similar to the way ASN has to be updated on every P3D release. the interim versions won't be supported is my guess, it's just too much of a tech support nightmare to support every single previous version. 2.5 is EOL so the code won't change on that.

How is this different than the wx radar in pmdg products? Same with aerosoft airbus? Im genuinly confused

The only  difference  its  a  2d  gauge   that works on all aircraft  and  in some  aircraft   it  can be fitted into the panel.    The  aerosoft  radar some  will say its  not  as  accurate as  pmdg  version 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

REX has developed a "in sim" weather radar gauge for FSX/FSX:SE/P3D.  It works with any aircraft and any weather program!  The radar comes with a self installer.  You just run the EXE on your desktop, pick your sim, then it automatically looks for your aircraft, lastly you just point and click your aircraft you want it in/resolution and that's it!   

The radar has manual gain, auto gain, wx, wx+t, distance from 5 to 160 nm, and its fully resizable.  best part is you can watch the sweep!  You can put it in your GA aircraft or your PMDG 747!    Here is the link to the website!  

Its at a discounted price for the next 2 weeks...

http://rexsimulations.com/radar.html

How is this different than the wx radar in pmdg products? Same with aerosoft airbus? Im genuinly confuse

It works with any WX engine is the diff,

It works with any WX engine is the diff,

i see i see. Does pmdg's radar only work with active sky next or something?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

i see i see. Does pmdg's radar only work with active sky next or something?

yes you must have asn to have it to work on pmdg

Peter kelberg

Thx  for  confirming   although  in the min requirement it  said  you   can have p3d2.5   so I  assumed   anything  above  this    version would work?

Yes I saw that also so I would have thought the same thing as you

Rich Sennett

Yes I saw that also so I would have thought the same thing as you

Yep   strange   though  it  wont  work    although  steve's  post  above  has  explained  it  though  the  reason why,   guess  have  to wait  and  see   till  if  they will fix  it  or  not

Peter kelberg

You can put it in your GA aircraft or your PMDG 747!

You won't need it for the PMDG v2 as it will already come with wx radar, but you could use it with the older version as a 2D guage.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You won't need it for the PMDG v2 as it will already come with wx radar, but you could use it with the older version as a 2D guage.

Correct.  Some people might not have ASN (which will be required for radar in 747 V2) or may not want to spend the money for V2.  This can also be used with all of the PMDG a/c ....

But you need ASN for it to work right?  This doesn't require a Wx engine, or will work with other Wx engine addons...including default

will work on anything in sim objects aircraft folder with a panel... I used sailing a couple hours ago ... 

Up and running in the MilViz B-55 ok, Just one slight comment I getting a difference between the knob positions on the 2D pop up and the 3D gauge, (ie BRT & Gain knobs)

did a test with the 'Grey and Rainy Weather' in P3d worked well.

bob