Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

WX Advantage Weather Radar!

Thanks for the handy explanation.

Anyway, I would still like to read at least one report from one user stating that they have his/her WX setup working properly. The only reports I've read in this forum is that nobody (except myself, it seems) were not even able to download the zip file.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks for the handy explanation.

Anyway, I would still like to read at least one report from one user stating that they have his/her WX setup working properly. The only reports I've read in this forum is that nobody (except myself, it seems) were not even able to download the zip file.

Ed

This is the folder you will do it to (WX Advantage Radar) on top of that P3D folder and dont forget your users LM folders

Your welcome Ed - hope this helps

Rich Sennett

Good luck Ed - if I were you I would also give admin rights to the WXR program folder and why not exclude it in your AV - I always turn off AV when simming 

Also install this dandy of a program - run the reg file that turns it on - click on a folder right mouse click on it then go down to takeownership will save you a lot of time and works great - I use it on all of my sim related folders including P3D and any addons - make sure you let it run until its done sometimes if its a large folder it appears its not working but it is - go get it

Over time as you add more stuff to your P3D folder you can run it again to b sure - has never caused a problem been using it for years

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Thanks Rich, I'll take a look into that, for sure!.

At this moment I have all my P3D stuff (and its addons, like REX, ASN) excluded from AV screening. I have not exclude the new WX folder yet, but will do once I get the problems resolved.

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi Hans, the radar is compatible with all aircraft. Also, the price is $24.95.

Sorry for misstating the price. I am aware that it can work with any aircraft but my understanding is that it needs to be enabled by the designer, like the GTN750. I have a Milviz 310 which is ready for it but I am not sure about other GA aircraft yet.

Hans

Sorry for misstating the price. I am aware that it can work with any aircraft but my understanding is that it needs to be enabled by the designer, like the GTN750. I have a Milviz 310 which is ready for it but I am not sure about other GA aircraft yet.

Roger that Hans. We have completed the API for aircraft developers and will be contacting them as soon as possible. Also, feel free to contact your favorite AC developer and inquire about the integration. 

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I you are referring to a VC model in a custom aircraft yes - for now.  But the one on the market right now is a 2D gauge and works with any aircraft default or 3rd party developer.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I'm interested....

If I can get it installed in the RA Duke along with my GTN, I'll be happy!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I'm interested....

Hi Chris,

We have completed the API for aircraft developers and will be contacting them as soon as possible. Also, feel free to contact them and inquire about the integration. We will send them all that they need, it's a very simple process.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

And the TDv2 as well  :smile:

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

ok  you all sold  me  to getting  it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

So is the correct way to install in he milviz C310 ,is to uninstall the aircraft and then reinstall ticking the wx option box as you install,

Peter

You could just "untick" the Full Aircraft box, then "tick" the WX Advantage boxes. It will then install only the new model and panel folders for the options you select. I tried very hard to make this as flexible as possible.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Chris,

We have completed the API for aircraft developers and will be contacting them as soon as possible. Also, feel free to contact them and inquire about the integration. We will send them all that they need, it's a very simple process.

Cool!  I will try and let Rob know we're interested.  He integrated the GTNs so it shouldn't be an issue. 

Thanks and hi from a fellow PHX resident. :smile:

ETA:  I e-mailed Rob at RealAir. 

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Would be great to see this in the Q400 and Aerosoft buses etc