Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

WX Advantage Weather Radar!

This one can be placed in any craft you have in the sim objects/ aircraft with a panel 

Dreamer

So can the ASN radar gauge. In fact ASN has a gauge installer built into ASN so that you can easily install it to any aircraft as a pop up gauge.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So can the ASN radar gauge. In fact ASN has a gauge installer built into ASN so that you can easily install it to any aircraft as a pop up gauge.

That's what I thought

Same as the WX Advantage Radar management tool then... Awesome  

The WX Advantage has at least one major advantage (PUN!) over the competition (so far.. see below):  It works with not only all aircraft it also works with ALL (yes, ALL) WX engines.  In all circumstances.  And, without a FPS hit of any kind.

The option to include an actual 3D model in a dev's aircraft is a bonus and we are working with devs to get you exactly that.

As well, we are even now, working on making what we've done even better...  No comments on what exactly but it will be a free update.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

The WX Advantage has at least one major advantage (PUN!) over the competition (so far.. see below):  It works with not only all aircraft it also works with ALL (yes, ALL) WX engines.  In all circumstances.  And, without a FPS hit of any kind.

The option to include an actual 3D model in a dev's aircraft is a bonus and we are working with devs to get you exactly that.

As well, we are even now, working on making what we've done even better...  No comments on what exactly but it will be a free update.

Are you able to give a list of developers working with you, so I know if an airplane I own or plan to own will eventually include this in the virtual cockpit?

We will let them let you know.  Sorry... but NDA's are all the rage these days...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

So it appears to me that, currently, there is no big advantage over the ASN gauge if one uses ASN as weather engine. For ASN users like me, it would be nice to know a bit more about upcoming features. I have read on their forum that Aerosoft will put a weather radar in their A330 which simulates ground reflections. That would be a pretty neat addition.

Peter

We will let them let you know.  Sorry... but NDA's are all the rage these days...

Congratulations gentlemen for all the hard work...

Few questions:

- Gauge also without the 2d bezels to install?

- Alpha blendng?

- Mouse click spots on the gauge itself when there is no 2d bezel present?

Thanks,

Cheers,

André

So it appears to me that, currently, there is no big advantage over the ASN gauge if one uses ASN as weather engine. For ASN users like me, it would be nice to know a bit more about upcoming features. I have read on their forum that Aerosoft will put a weather radar in their A330 which simulates ground reflections. That would be a pretty neat addition.

Peter

The advantage is this gauge is a replacement for the old and not supported RealityXP WX500 that can be fitted into the virtual cockpit.

The advantage is this gauge is a replacement for the old and not supported RealityXP WX500 that can be fitted into the virtual cockpit.

Agreed; however, if you're using ASN, there's already a great freeware gauge (Roland's: http://www.avsim.com/topic/459050-another-radar-gauge-for-vc-window-usage/page-5#entry3157396that does exactly what this product does.  The only advantage WX Advantage has is it can read multiple weather engines.  Yet, how many people use multiple weather engines? I think most stick with their preferred engine.  To that point, If you have ASN, what does this model provide over Roland's freeware gauge?  This isn't a rhetorical question; I genuinely asking...If ASN is the only weather engine, should I buy this or stick with what I have?    

Matt King

Hi guys. Here's a quick and dirty first look. Initial impressions? It's awesome, especially for how snappy and responsive it is.Yet another reason I need to buy the folks at REX a drink.

(Posting this in the other WX Advantage threads as well ...)

https://youtu.be/ntvVHa6dAVc

What a great video, thank you for posting that!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

The precip control is similar to ASN's technique (low level injection) with some differences. The result is pretty much the same though. You can try setting your radar range to the lowest value and watch how the precip effect changes as you fly through returns. The cell location technique is proprietary but suffice to say it gives pretty much spot on results.

Very interesting, i will have to try it out

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Thank you so much spyglass, problem sorted out now :dance: ! By the way I love the VC integration in the Milviz Baron!

Cheers

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte