Thanks for the confirmation.. I wish I could figure out the reason  :nea:

Bert

Would someone please check something on their install?

I am fussing with the autopilot code, but am stuck on the PITCH button.

On my system, if I have the autopilot engaged, in HDG mode, I cannot engage PITCH.

I  cannot identify why this would be...  can someone confirm if they are experiencing the same issue?

same here Bert

bob

Yes, same her Bert, but if I don't try and engage it and just mouse the wheel of the PITCH up or down it works fine. When I click the PITCH, nothing happens but the sound of it clicking and then I get the same crazy numbers shown in the tool tip as mentioned above??  It seems to work by doing nothing.....yikes!

Cheers

Martin

Yes, same her Bert, but if I don't try and engage it and just mouse the wheel of the PITCH up or down it works fine. When I click the PITCH, nothing happens but the sound of it clicking and then I get the same crazy numbers shown in the tool tip as mentioned above??  It seems to work by doing nothing.....yikes!

Cheers

Martin

I'm finding the 'PITCH' switch needs two clicks.

bob

And here I was, on the fence with this one, thinking "Oh good, at least it's got the AP in the VC on a very nice, accessible spot on the panel". :wink:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Well! after spending hours testing I appear to have it working, had a problem with it drifting off course, did notice in spot view the rudder was way out, re calibrated in FSuipc4 but to no avail so switched to 'Auto Rudder' and it now looks like its working, surely it can't be this.

bob

To properly use the AP, I have followed these steps:

First thing to do is to select HDG in the vertical switch located in front of the co-pilot seat (the white one to the left side)

- Select the desired HDG using the HDG selector in the ADI (rotating tab)

- Press ROLL and then HDG in the AP minipanel

- Engage AP by clicking the switch selector (located at the left side of the AP panel) to ON

- I recommend adjusting the HDG (in the ADI) in small steps to get to the desired value. You should be flying the selected HDG at all times, step by step, until the getting to the final desired HDG

In case you need to change your flight level, do the following:

- Keep the AP ON with HDG selected

- Rotate the VS wheel in the right direction (try for yourself to figure it out, using your mouse wheel or clicking) and set the desired VS in FPM as per the dial indicator

- Try not to use the PITCH switch, but in case you use it, click it twice (in my setup the switch does not move in or out, unless ALT mode is engaged - a bug, probably) and adjust always using the pitch wheel

- At this time, you should be changing the flight level with the already selected HDG

In case you need to track your GPS (GTN or GNS), do the following:

Obviously you had already set your flight plan, etc., in your GTN/GNS device.

- Once near the track path, move the white selector witch to the NAV position to intercept the desired track

- Your plane should change its HDG to track the selected flight plan and follow it

In case you have reached your desired flight level:

- Press the ALT switch in the AP panel. The aircraft will slowly point its nose up/down until the desired ALT is reached

If you want to change your flight level again from the current selected altitude:

- Press the ALT switch in the AP panel to disengage ALT control

- Press the PITCH switch in the AP panel and after use the VS rotary wheel to select your rate of ascent/descent in FPS

- Once the desired flight level is reached press the ALT switch again

I lost the NAV track once during a flight after selecting a new flight level (I do not why), but I put it back to normal using the vertical white selector moving it to HDG and then back to NAV again.

Hope this explanation is useful for those having trouble in using the AP.

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ed,

Thanks for posting, I'll try this and see how she works.

Cheers

Martin 

I'm using the same process as Ed and AP seems to be working ... key was to Press ROLL button.

Cheers, Rob.

Just to be clear fellows.

I have yet to use the autopilot.  There is a short manual in the Carenado folder, does the manual not lay out the procedure?

Or is there actually a flaw in the coding and the procedure above sorts it all out?

cheers

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

To properly use the AP, I have followed these steps:

First thing to do is to select HDG in the vertical switch located in front of the co-pilot seat (the white one to the left side)

- Select the desired HDG using the HDG selector in the ADI (rotating tab)

- Engage AP by clicking the switch selector (located at the left side of the AP panel) to ON

- I recommend adjusting the HDG (in the ADI) in small steps to get to the desired value. You should be flying the selected HDG at all times, step by step, until the getting to the final desired HDG

In case you need to change your flight level, do the following:

- Keep the AP ON with HDG selected

- Rotate the VS wheel in the right direction (try for yourself to figure it out, using your mouse wheel or clicking) and set the desired VS in FPM as per the dial indicator

- Try not to use the PITCH switch, but in case you use it, click it twice (in my setup the switch does not move in or out, unless ALT mode is engaged - a bug, probably) and adjust always using the pitch wheel

- At this time, you should be changing the flight level with the already selected HDG

In case you need to track your GPS (GTN or GNS), do the following:

Obviously you had already set your flight plan, etc., in your GTN/GNS device.

- Once near the track path, move the white selector witch to the NAV position to intercept the desired track

- Your plane should change its HDG to track the selected flight plan and follow it

In case you have reached your desired flight level:

- Press the ALT switch in the AP panel. The aircraft will slowly point its nose up/down until the desired ALT is reached

If you want to change your flight level again from the current selected altitude:

- Press the PITCH switch in the AP panel and after use the VS rotary wheel to select your rate of ascent/descent in FPS

- Once the desired flight level is reached press the ALT switch again

I lost the NAV track once during a flight after selecting a new flight level (I do not why), but I put it back to normal using the vertical white selector moving it to HDG and then back to NAV again.

Hope this explanation is useful for those having trouble in using the AP.

Cheers,

Ed

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the step by step explanation.. I am trying to follow..

I cannot engage HDG without first engaging the little AP switch.. can you try running through it again?

Are you talking about the Elevator Trim Wheel?

OK, are you saying that the Pitch switch does not work for you?  :wink:

That was my original complaint, that the Pitch switch does not work with the autopilot in Heading mode.

How does that match up with

(in my setup the switch does not move in or out, unless ALT mode is engaged..)

Bert

I confirm pressing ROLL and HDG buttons in the AP panel can be done before engaging the AP switch, but if in your setup you get it working only after engaging the little AP switch, do yourself in that way. The most important would be to make it work.

Ed

Just to be clear fellows.

I have yet to use the autopilot.  There is a short manual in the Carenado folder, does the manual not lay out the procedure?

Or is there actually a flaw in the coding and the procedure above sorts it all out?

cheers

Bryan

Hi, Bryan:

I don't think the previous outlined procedure to make the AP work is in contradiction to what is said in the manual, just more self-explanatory. In my opinion, the documentation or manuals are not comprehensive enough. Please give us feedback after trying your AP.

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I suggest sending Carenado a report on the autopilot because they are compiling a list of bugs to be fixed in the first SP. I was told that the Autopilot has a custom coding to break away from the FSX limitations. This is why if you push the Z key or your assigned AP on/off key it won't work.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Tried your suggestion of using the key assignment but couldn't spot the 'AP PITCH HOLD' in the list. (P3D v3.23)

bob

Bob, was that in FSUIPC, or the default FSX key commands?   I use FSUIPC and the option is available there, but not sure if it's listed in the FSX default key commands for the AP.   I suspect it's not. Sorry.

------------------------

I am able to engage the PITCH switch, while HDG mode is engaged.  But only if the conditions that the ROLL switch (which seems to act as an additional AP MASTER function in this plane), and the small AP MASTER rocker switch are engaged.

[EDIT:  As others have said, having looked again, the function works, but the Pitch button animation does not work when HDG is selected]

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)