Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Revised AC500 interior

Interesting improvement.

Even though the Shrike was my favorite GA plane in fs2004, I have shied away from purchasing this one as it does not represent something I would be happy to own due to it's dilapidated condition.

Maybe I had better explain that.

I don't 'actually own or fly real airplanes, so I can not account for older aircraft, but have owned many different classic automobiles including as old as a 1958 Dodge Coronet. Each car or truck was lovingly kept (if bought new) or restored to look like it just came out of the showroom.

That did not stop me from driving them daily or using them well, but kept them cleaned and maintained as best in mint condition. All it ever cost was a few extra dollars at the car washes, some touchup, elbow grease and a pound or two of prevention. Still do the same with my 5 year old Ford truck daily driver which still gleams spotless inside and out. (It has never been on a dirt road, or ever had a load in the back except groceries!)

Since my hobby is an extension of my real life, I like my airplanes the same, meticulously cared for. That is perhaps one reason I prefer RealAir over some of the Carenados (but not all) I own and leave parked. Just a matter of taste, preference and foolish fastidiousness, I know.

If this Aero Commander Shrike 500 was fully restored, I'd buy it and promise to dust and Armour-All inside and polish outside weekly!

It takes all kinds, right?

Kind regards,

Interesting improvement.

Even though the Shrike was my favorite GA plane in fs2004, I have shied away from purchasing this one as it does not represent something I would be happy to own due to it's dilapidated condition.

Maybe I had better explain that.

I don't 'actually own or fly real airplanes, so I can not account for older aircraft, but have owned many different classic automobiles including as old as a 1958 Dodge Coronet. Each car or truck was lovingly kept (if bought new) or restored to look like it just came out of the showroom.

That did not stop me from driving them daily or using them well, but kept them cleaned and maintained as best in mint condition. All it ever cost was a few extra dollars at the car washes, some touchup, elbow grease and a pound or two of prevention. Still do the same with my 5 year old Ford truck daily driver which still gleams spotless inside and out. (It has never been on a dirt road, or ever had a load in the back except groceries!)

Since my hobby is an extension of my real life, I like my airplanes the same, meticulously cared for. That is perhaps one reason I prefer RealAir over some of the Carenados (but not all) I own and leave parked. Just a matter of taste, preference and foolish fastidiousness, I know.

If this Aero Commander Shrike 500 was fully restored, I'd buy it and promise to dust and Armour-All inside and polish outside weekly!

It takes all kinds, right?

Kind regards,

Hi Stephen, the only thing I will say is that you'll be missing a good one!, in my opinion, the best yet from Carenado.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Would like to know how to get the wood panel in, 

Would like to know how to get the wood panel in, 

Me too!

Is there a way of changing just the panel to the woodgrain texture and not the other interior parts?

I have Ramon and Richards replacement interiors already installed.

Kind regards,

Hi Louis!

Hi Stephen, still no answer on out panel--- Haven't seen you around much  since we were in Wichita. i really wanted to go to the one in New England last week but our exchange rate buggered that up .

Hi Louis,

Have not been very active in AVSIM in the past few years.

Still enjoy the hobby and keeping in touch with friends.

Kind regards,

Finally purchased the Shrike v 1.2 (FSX (SP2)), installed the GTN750, did a clean-up of the the interior with Ramon's excellent modification, added Ed Patino's recommended Avsim library sound set and took her for a spin.  What a blast  to fly.

I understand SpiritFlyer's desire for a Restored version of the Shrike, inside and out - me too. The Real Air, Lancair V2, Duke Turbine and Duke B60 are in optimal condition and still my go to planes with the exception now of the B60 which is still lacking (a yet to come) GTN750 integration - a must any more, for me.

Thanks to all in the community who have made the Shrike a more enjoyable bird to fly, and keep me posted on a potential Shrike "restore", or a B60, GTN750 modification -  should any of these happen.

All the best.

Brian
  • Upvote 1

Well just in the interest of balance - I love the old battered up look!  For me, it adds character.  Although saying that, I really like what Bernd has done here.    Just as Stephen said, we often all like different things, so I guess it's hard for developers to please everyone. :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Finally purchased the Shrike v 1.2 (FSX (SP2)), installed the GTN750, did a clean-up of the the interior with Ramon's excellent modification, added Ed Patino's recommended Avsim library sound set and took her for a spin.  What a blast  to fly.

I understand SpiritFlyer's desire for a Restored version of the Shrike, inside and out - me too. The Real Air, Lancair V2, Duke Turbine and Duke B60 are in optimal condition and still my go to planes with the exception now of the B60 which is still lacking (a yet to come) GTN750 integration - a must any more, for me.

Thanks to all in the community who have made the Shrike a more enjoyable bird to fly, and keep me posted on a potential Shrike "restore", or a B60, GTN750 modification -  should any of these happen.

All the best.

Brian

Hi, Brian, to add something interesting to the already existing fun, look for the turbo-commander mods posted in one of this forums, or in Avsim library, using the following key words: "500S Aero Commander Merlyn Products 320 HP Turbo System". It adds enough power to feel this beast absolutely insane (but still a real feeling), with small modifications to the aircraft.CFG file.

Cheers and enjoy!

Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi, Brian, to add something interesting to the already existing fun, look for the turbo-commander mods posted in one of this forums, or in Avsim library, using the following key words: "500S Aero Commander Merlyn Products 320 HP Turbo System". It adds enough power to feel this beast absolutely insane (but still a real feeling), with small modifications to the aircraft.CFG file.

Cheers and enjoy!

Ed

Thanks Ed - installed and tested - indeed puts a little spring in her step - and a keeper  :smile: .

JYW - Just as Stephen said, we often all like different things, so I guess it's hard for developers to please everyone.

I suppose it's the fact that some - me included - like Stephen, wouldn't have bought the plane, without some modification, that's the stickler. Trying to accommodate all, is a bit of a sticky wicket - sales are a key motivator.  I am not a developer, so I don't know how much additional work is involved in creating a "restored" and a "with character" livery - with the same model release - but it possibly should be a consideration. 

For me, a major consideration in acquiring any GA aircraft, now, is whether it includes GTN750 integration. I have catalogued many somewhat sophisticated flight plans for flying at low altitude in mountainous regions. My older favourites including the Carenado F33 Bonanza, B58 Baron and others, have undergone GTN650 and 750 modifications thanks to Bert and his mods - which have kept these classics in the loop.

As some of us curmudgeons get older maybe we are just getting too damn picky - but we all like what we like, and buy same.  :wink:

All the best.

Brian

I'm another who'd like the wooden panel but prefers the more worn look of the rest of the interior.

They still work!

I just put the revised interior by Bernd S. Koehling with Milton Srupe's wooden veneer on the panel available in the library. Works as good in the new P3Dv4 as it did in the P3Dv3 version.

Thank you Sirs and Carenado.

Kind regards,

I should add, the files by Kabronicus are excellent as well, and does a good job of cleaning the seats a bit!

Thank-yous all around.

Kind regards,