Sign in to follow this  
domkle

Leaving Port Moresby with the A2A C182

I fly Papua New Guinea a lot in the OrbX sceneries enhanced with the Scenery Tech landclass. This is the first screenie from a flight from Port Moresby to a small strip East called Kagi. 

1.jpg

The whole flight is here including the perilous landing  :smile:  !

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Oh yeah, been there, done that. Great shots. Everything PNG is always a challenge  :wink:

Very cool shots, great area to fly. How would you describe the benefits of the ST LC? Does it substantially change what ORBX already achieved?

Glad you liked them, thanks to all of you.

Very cool shots, great area to fly. How would you describe the benefits of the ST LC? Does it substantially change what ORBX already achieved?

The layout of the land (the mix of fields, villages, tropical forests, marshlands etc.) becomes much more convincing if not always accurate (Honiara in the Solomons does not appear for instance). And you get less aggravating oddities like fields and villages on top of volcanoes. It marries quite well with OrbX Global textures.  I fly quite a bit in Indonesia (it does a not shabby job in Java), PNG and the Solomons, and it is, for me, more than worth its 13 € ! This is an older product, never updated since the early FSX, but the only LC i know for SE Asia. A freeware exists for the Solomons but I've still to try it.

• Upvote 1

Wow, that's amazing scenery!

I've seen real pics for a friend you landed at a strip similar to that in PNG. Scary stuff!!

Thank you. Yep, I suppose that passengers do hold their breath in a real landing in PNG.  

Flying in PNG, with a sim, is good for improving airmanship skills. You do good or you die :wink: . Stalling is very easy and most the times irrecoverable.  I try not to show nice pics (thanks for the compliment anyway) but pics that show the dynamic of a flight there. And the fun I've !

Beautiful pics!  Makes me want to load up the A2A 182 at Orbx PNG myself.... think I'll go and do that!