Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Hi!

Minor update for PTA on the site http://1coder.ru/PTA

version 1.4 for Prepar3D v. 3.1 - 3.3

You may want to name this download file PTA_34 so that we can keep track of versions. At the moment this one the download is just PTA. Thanks

Cheers

Steve Hall

Understood. I do have REX 4 TD. After backing up, can I put REX again, or no? I`m also willing to buy the AS2016 amd ASCA, do you think it will work with the program?

Thanks,

Thiago

It sure will, PTA tool needs to have the original files initially.  REX will work fine after that, in fact PTA includes its own popcorn cloud fix if you wanted to use it.  I am currently using AS16 with ASCA and they work great with PTA!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

It sure will, PTA tool needs to have the original files initially.  REX will work fine after that, in fact PTA includes its own popcorn cloud fix if you wanted to use it.  I am currently using AS16 with ASCA and they work great with PTA!

Thanks for the advise. Do you mind sharing your preset?

My%20Signature.jpg

You may want to name this download file PTA_34 so that we can keep track of versions. At the moment this one the download is just PTA. Thanks

Previous versions of tool were named PTA_31.exe, PTA_32.exe, PTA_33.exe because of separate exe for different versions of sim (3.1, 3,2, 3,3).

Now it's not necessary. To track version please see Help-About or file properties.

Regards,

Previous versions of tool were named PTA_31.exe, PTA_32.exe, PTA_33.exe because of separate exe for different versions of sim (3.1, 3,2, 3,3).

Now it's not necessary. To track version please see Help-About or file properties.

Regards,

Thanks for the excellent work.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

How to achieve a deep navy/blue sky colour, similar the one in HDEv2 for FSX? Any ready-made presets perhaps?

Thanks,

Dirk.

What is the procedure with this when upgrading to the new patch version? Just install the exe etc or do we have to follow the uninstall/install procedure?

How to achieve a deep navy/blue sky colour, similar the one in HDEv2 for FSX? Any ready-made presets perhaps?

The tool has no special tweaks that affect sky colors (mb only HDR affects sky color). Just use sky textures sets you like.

What is the procedure with this when upgrading to the new patch version? Just install the exe etc or do we have to follow the uninstall/install procedure?

All presets from previous versions are compatible with 1.4.

Delete old PTA_33.exe (PTA_32.exe/PTA_31.exe) from PTA directory and unzip PTA.exe from new distribution archive.

Yuri - I'm not sure this is even present in P3D or not, but I noticed with the moonlight setting, it does in fact increase brightness of the terrain but the water is still pitch black.  Is there any setting in PTA that would add some brightness to the water as well according to moon phase?

Thanks!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Yuri - I'm not sure this is even present in P3D or not, but I noticed with the moonlight setting, it does in fact increase brightness of the terrain but the water is still pitch black.  Is there any setting in PTA that would add some brightness to the water as well according to moon phase?

Thanks!

Eric, new tweaks for ambient/diffuse moonlight affect water, but water color too dark and changes look not so obvious.

Unfortunately, no other adjustments for water color at night.

Just wanted to say thanks for this tool.  I can't believe the difference it made for me. So much more vibrant and lifelike! It's got me excited about flying P3D again.

Here's my before and after.

L5Hiqa9.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks for this tool.

I'm really happy to see that. Thanks.

I just ran the downloaded PTA.exe this. It did not ask me about where to store the back ups...

The last time I installed on an older PC  I  saw a PTA folder with the data backups that I could see in one place 

I see this in the log. Why is it storing the back up in some obscure temp folder?

Config files backup directory created at C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO425CA2B6\CONFIG_BACKUP\
Backup of config file C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.cfg has been copied to C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO425CA2B6\CONFIG_BACKUP\Prepar3D.cfg
Backup of config file C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\cameras.cfg has been copied to C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO425CA2B6\CONFIG_BACKUP\cameras.cfg
Prepar3D 3.3.5 build 17625 detected as target verson
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.cfg
Prepar3D cameras configuration file found at C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\cameras.cfg
Shaders backup directory created at C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO425CA2B6\SHADERS_BACKUP\
Backup of shader P:\P3DV3\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx has been copied to C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO425CA2B6\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx
Backup of shader P:\P3DV3\ShadersHLSL\General.fx has been copied to C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO425CA2B6\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx
Backup of shader P:\P3DV3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx has been copied to C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO425CA2B6\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx
Backup of shader P:\P3DV3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh has been copied to C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO425CA2B6\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fxh
Backup of shader P:\P3DV3\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl has been copied to C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO425CA2B6\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
Backup of shader P:\P3DV3\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl has been copied to C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO425CA2B6\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl
Shaders integrity OK

Where are the backups of the files (Shaders)?

EDITED TO ADD:

Yeah..I ran it from within the zip. I now ran it after extracting to a new folder called PTA and now when I ran..It took a backup.

But now I am not sure if the new back up is the same as the temp backup or if it has messed with the files. So Running it the second time, does it maintain the original file (file integrity)? 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

But now I am not sure if the new back up is the same as the temp backup or if it has messed with the files. So Running it the second time, does it maintain the original file (file integrity)?

Hi, Manny! Yes, It seems to be OK with shaders backup.

New shaders backup created at dir PTA\SHADERS_BACKUP\.

You can check this dir contains all files *.fx, *.HLSL listed above and there are no error messages at PTA start.

Just wanted to say thanks for this tool.  I can't believe the difference it made for me. So much more vibrant and lifelike! It's got me excited about flying P3D again.

Here's my before and after.

L5Hiqa9.jpg

Looks great.

Which settings did you use ?

Thanks

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.