Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

it seems pilot's sunglasses very dark and need some tweaks

Sorry to bother you but you posted RSP Equivalent after looking at it these lines They are all the same setting for Terrain Brightness - just different settings - should there be other things to tweak not just Terrain brightness and why all of these different groups of 3 lines shouldn't it just be just 3 lines of changes why the other two groups - hard to explain - thank you   :wink:  

Not understanding I guess

RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Low, Shadow Intensity:Low => PTA Equivalent:General shadows intensity=0.2; Boost light on illuminated areas=2.0
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Medium, Shadow Intensity: Low => PTA Equivalent:General shadows intensity=0.5; Boost light on illuminated areas=2.0
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:High, Shadow Intensity: Low => PTA Equivalent:General shadows intensity=0.8; Boost light on illuminated areas=2.0

RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Low, Shadow Intensity: Medium => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.2; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.7
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Medium, Shadow Intensity: Medium => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.5; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.7
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:High, Shadow Intensity: Medium => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.8; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.7

RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Low, Shadow Intensity: High => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.2; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.4
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Medium, Shadow Intensity: High => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.5; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.4
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:High, Shadow Intensity: High => PTA Equivalent: General shadows intensity=0.8; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.4

Rich Sennett

Just a quick word to say a big THANKS to Knossos for the hard work!

Efficiency and professional taste :good:

Thanks, Roland!

Sorry to bother you but you posted RSP Equivalent after looking at it these lines They are all the same setting for Terrain Brightness - just different settings - should there be other things to tweak not just Terrain brightness and why all of these different groups of 3 lines shouldn't it just be just 3 lines of changes why the other two groups - hard to explain - thank you     

Richard, I listed all possible combinations for RSP settings for Terrain brightness and Shadow intensity.

For ex.: if you prefer in RSP Terrain brighthess:Low, Shadow Intensity: High you should use in PTA : General shadows intensity=0.2; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.4

Thanks, Roland!

Richard, I listed all possible combinations for RSP settings for Terrain brightness and Shadow intensity.

For ex.: if you prefer in RSP Terrain brighthess:Low, Shadow Intensity: High you should use in PTA : General shadows intensity=0.2; Boost light on illuminated areas=1.4

Thank you so you are saying leave PTA as it was loaded from the beginning and only touch these parameters ?

Rich Sennett

Thank you so you are saying leave PTA as it was loaded from the beginning and only touch these parameters ?

No, these combinations are only for terrain brightness and shadow intensity. Tell, pls, exact settings that you use in RSP and I'll try to find full equivalent in PTA.

No, these combinations are only for terrain brightness and shadow intensity. Tell, pls, exact settings that you use in RSP and I'll try to find full equivalent in PTA.

No worries all set - I can work it out - you have done enough - thank you much for the hard work  :wink:

Rich Sennett

KNOSSOS from me absolutely mega mega big thanks!!! I love You!  

The desire for this was a huge mega huge , LM this was not able to make You yes. I'm happy 

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

• Upvote 1

Thank you, Jakub!

IMHO LM have other priorities and such things are not in the first place. It's just little embellishment, while they do much more serious things.

/I saw your feature request btw./

Is there a way with this tool to brighten up the scenery like in Kakub's photo's but not over-expose the clouds? I can get beautiful natural looking scenery but the clouds become so bright they loose their texture. It is probably a limitation of my monitor to be honest.

Ever since using PTA I've noticed stutters (graphics card related, I believe) for the first time ever in my simulator. 

I am running *fairly* high settings within P3D, but I haven't altered my previous settings all that significantly (prior to using PTA).

I have an Nvidia GTX 970 and an i7 4790K. 

I was curious if anyone has noticed stutters as a result of implementing these shader tweaks, and what, if anything, has been done to alleviate them. I'm also curious as to what in-sim settings people are using. 

Thanks!

I was curious if anyone has noticed stutters as a result of implementing these shader tweaks

Nope, vertigho, haven't noticed any difference. There are so many possible causes for micro-stutters. It plagues all of us from time to time. Even just changing from one scenery to another completely alters the probabilities for stutters. But these shaders haven't affected anything from my experience. Makes sense right? After all, the shaders are mainly just tweaking already existing variables in the shader files.

KNOSSOS from me absolutely mega mega big thanks!!! I love You!  

The desire for this was a huge mega huge , LM this was not able to make You yes. I'm happy 

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Hi Jakub,

Beautiful pictures and well balanced realistic colors and brightness. Would you be willing to share your settings? Thanks!

Marco Bruno

Is there a way with this tool to brighten up the scenery like in Kakub's photo's but not over-expose the clouds? I can get beautiful natural looking scenery but the clouds become so bright they loose their texture. It is probably a limitation of my monitor to be honest.

Hi,

No, I don't believe this is monitor related as I see it as well while using RealismShaderPack. The problem can be mitigated somewhat by reducing HDR brightness a little and turning down bloom.

The provision of a bank of presets known to produce good results would certainly be helpful as a starting point for many of us. We could then concentrate on stuff like the right choice of Sky and Cloud textures before doing any fine tuning in PTA. I tried Navid's Sky textures but, nice as they are, they made everything appear too bright for me and it was difficult to restore an acceptable balance across all seasons. REX4 TD offers a better choice for me.

Regards,

Mike

Hi!

Minor update and bug fixes in new version of PTA 1.2 for Prepar3D 3.1-3.3: http://1coder.ru/PTA/index.html

Release notes:

1. New custom shader "DXP Cineon" adapted from Reshade (SweetFX).
2. New core P3D shaders tweak "Saturation of urban areas at night". (With some textures the urban areas lighting at night takes a red tint. You can reduce red shift with this tweak).
3. Shader tweak "Boost urban areas luminosity at night" redesigned in accordance to new tweak. Maximum boost ratio increased to 15.
4. Fixed bug in tweak "Turn off HDR adaptation effect".
5. Default values for custom shaders Curves, Vibrance, LumaSharpen corrected.
6. Added the ability to specify the order of applying custom shaders to cameras. (Order can be important depending on the set of shaders used. Just set the order by using drag-n-drop or ↑ , ↓ buttons.)

How to upgrade from previous PTA versions:

All presets from previous versions are compatible with 1.2. Just replace old PTA*.exe to file from new distribution archive and use new features.

(Please note that each version of PTA designed for specific version of Prepar3D).

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.