Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

Your screenshots look just... WOW. Amazing! What version of P3D? 3.3?

Thanks! :smile:

I'm currently using v3.2. I ended up rolling back given the current issue(s) with third-party scenery. 

There are separate versions of PTA for different P3Dv3 versions -- for your version, you need to use the "Download PTA for Prepar3D v3.2" link.

Tym

I guess I was confused by the statement on his site: "06 June 2016 version 1.2 released for Prepar3D v.3.1 - 3.3. Please see release history for details I interpreted that as meaning that version 1.2 supported all versions from 3.1 to 3.3. Must have been a senior moment :) Anyway, your suggestion worked like a charm! 

Thanks,

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Another screenshot! This is from an evening flight inbound to Chicago Midway (KMDW) via St. Louis (KSTL). 

*EDIT* -- one more, this one from KMDW to KDTW at night.

dab7377338.jpg39945b587e.jpg

• Upvote 2

nice program, after the tweak with the program, playing a little with the prepar3d brightness to modify clouds colour... but possibilities are infinite..just starting, also have seen more changements with different time of the day

13307418_1045966808823475_71974221929238

Is there a database of shared pre-sets to achieve certain 'looks'?    Or is one-size-fits-all not appropriate due to people's variations of setups?

Is there a database of shared pre-sets to achieve certain 'looks'?    Or is one-size-fits-all not appropriate due to people's variations of setups?

"One size fits all" isn't appropriate due to everybody's different monitor setups... But, presets should also be available so that users like us can check out the preset and manually adjust starting from there, just like in ReShade's website.

Mate this is amazing thank you very much.

Can someone please suggest settings that come close to reality please

As I am a noob when it comes to playing with settings like this.

I don't use HDR in p3d or reshade of any sort

Just want to use this.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Mike

Mate this is amazing thank you very much.

Can someone please suggest settings that come close to reality please

As I am a noob when it comes to playing with settings like this.

I don't use HDR in p3d or reshade of any sort

Just want to use this.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Mike

http://www.avsim.com/topic/489816-ultimate-realism-pack/

:wink:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Disregard last comment

Just installed your pack thou with reshade

Woooow

Glad you like it. :)

Big thanks goes to PTA!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

PTA - RSP - now thats a great example of teamwork even though it wasn't planned - great work and thanks to both developers  :dance:

Rich Sennett

I have a question. I'm using a fairly bright ReShade, as I find the base game very muted. For that, I used PTA to turn down the "Light factor" of the clouds, to counteract the additional brightening from the ReShade. However, I'm not sure about Saturate Factor. Would I want to turn that up or down, to make the clouds stand out more in a bright light?

When it's grey and overcast, I'd assume turning up the saturation factor would make them more grey, pop more. However when they are white, what effect does the saturation effect have? Does it make them even whiter or do they get a different shade of white, that pops?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Sethos1988,

That (as far as I can tell) more or less expresses a question I have been intending to ask:

PTA - RSP, 

How do I turn down the brightness of the "white washed-out over saturated clouds" without losing the contrast on the ground and water? In addition I certainly do not want to unfix the cloud 'popcorn' solution.

So far every attempt I have made to darken the clouds a bit to make them more natural (to me) has effected each. I have taken the time to read each explanation as best I can on the app and comments made in this and other threads without a remedy becoming obvious to me.

Subject to the frustrations expressed therein I am most impressed with these ingenious tools and appreciate the great work behind it.

Thank you for making the FS world so much better!

Kind regards,

Guest Mik75

Outstanding work and effort! And, you even created a version for 3.1 users, like me?

That's so great, I'll definitely give it a go anytime soon!!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.