Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

I have a question.

Sethos1988, light factor in "Clouds lighting tuning" tweak affects overall lighting of clouds. Saturate factor, as far as I can tell, slightly affects color tint.

Frankly speaking, I don't use it personally and didn't test it much time; these adjustments were discussed in detail here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/476453-the-popcorn-clouds-story-continues-in-v3/page-4

Also, IMHO, light factor is a quite "tough" adjustment and may break clouds lighting in night/dusk/dawn.

How do I turn down the brightness of the "white washed-out over saturated clouds"

Stephen, If your clouds washed out and oversatureated, it could be HDR settings (especially bloom) and HDR tweaks, first of all. Try to turn HDR off and see. If clouds became ok, try to adjust HDR settings and tweaks.

If clouds stay oversaturated, it could be light factor in "Clouds lighting tuning" tweak. Just make it slightly lower default value (0.85).

All tweaks on PTA "Clouds" page do not modify terrain lighting, except tweak "Clouds shadows extended size", which slightly expand the size of shadows, not lighting.

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Sethos1988, light factor in "Clouds lighting tuning" tweak affects overall lighting of clouds. Saturate factor, as far as I can tell, slightly affects color tint.

Frankly speaking, I don't use it personally and didn't test it much time; these adjustments were discussed in detail here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/476453-the-popcorn-clouds-story-continues-in-v3/page-4

Also, IMHO, light factor is a quite "tough" adjustment and may break clouds lighting in night/dusk/dawn.

Appreciate the reply and thank you for the link, I'll give it a read. Also, thank you for an excellent piece of software. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Yuri,

Thank you sir.

I do not use bloom in P3D 3.3 so the latter suggestion was the one that worked the best for me.

Kindest regards,

No love for P3D 2.5 ?  :sad:

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

No love for P3D 2.5 ?  :sad:

V2.5 uses different shading techniques, and logically shader files are different.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

V2.5 uses different shading techniques, and logically shader files are different.

Thanks for the answer. Looks like a fab tool.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

Just checking if it is ok to use PTA with new P3D version today - thank you 

Rich Sennett

Just checking if it is ok to use PTA with new P3D version today - thank you 

Was wondering the same...

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

Just trying clean install 3.3.5, but it takes more time for me than expected

(http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=119680)

I created said thread. After Adam Breed responded, the issue was fixed for me. So you should try downloading it again.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Actual version of PTA (1.2) works with Prepar3D 3.3.5. I found no issues.

Great installed anyway - going to try it now - thank you 

Rich Sennett

Ditto.  I just upgraded to 3.3.5 and for the first time used PTA.  As far as I can tell, works fine.

May I also say Thank you so much for your hard work on this!!!  With this tool, now I think the only advantages XPlane has over P3D is 64-bit and night lighting.  Just amazing!!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.