Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Hi Adam,

33 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Thanks, Mike, for such a wonderfully detailed set of instructions - it should be made into a "sticky"! I'd like to link to it in my PTA page, if that's OK with you <?>

Hi Adam,

Not a problem, just glad to have been of some help :happy:

I have always had consistently good results using your Presets and have often wondered why some others have been less successful. So, when help was requested I thought it might be worth taking the opportunity to explain the process in a little more detail than usually appears on the forums. As you say, so much depends on the choice of the Sky Texture sets. Many Presets are offered without these recommendations so it's left to the inexperienced user to experiment. My own feeling is that your approach is the best if the aim is to achieve satisfyingly consistent natural imagery in a wide range of situations without having to chop and change textures/presets/settings all the time.

Also, for optimum results it is worth underlining the importance of correct monitor calibration.

Cheers.

Mike

Announcement - new preset: adam_26_01 - for PTA 2.60 (P3Dv4.1).

Basically the old PA 2.52 25_04 preset with some minor tweaks.

pta26_01_06_1350.jpg

pta26_01_03_1350.jpg

pta26_01_01_1350.jpg

All my presets are here.

Adam.

• Upvote 3

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Adam,

Amazing results - I'm gonna start using yours instead of mine :D

@Cruachan - can I take your post with credit and make it a sticky in here? Would be a good starting point for people :)

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:15 AM, GSalden said:

This is with PTA 

Two things come to mind when I watch this.

1. Congratulations on building such a great sim. It really looks awesome!

2. My wife would NEVER let me get away with it...

Well done Gerard!

21 hours ago, MattDavies said:

Adam,

Wow!!! That's praise indeed! :biggrin:

Whilst I have your attention ... am I imagining things, or did earlier/older versions of PTA have a "rain colour" fix? I'm finding all my rain looking more like snow/sleet ie. pretty opaque and way too white.

The new P3Dv4.1 rain effects are dreadful (what substance were the coders on, I wonder?). Anyway ... any plans of giving us the option of modifying the rain colour (or even transparency)? Is it even do-able?

Anyway ... here's some more of the "green stuff"!

pta26_01_10_1350.jpg

Adam.

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2017 at 10:12 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

Anyway ... here's some more of the "green stuff"!

Hey Adam,

I love you preset but find that its a wee bit too green on the tonal chart...at least on my display.  Your site mentions how to adjust "blueness", but is there a way to adjust "greeness"?  Or is that a red/blue combo?  

Great work!

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

On 16/10/2017 at 6:38 PM, MattDavies said:

Adam,

@Cruachan - can I take your post with credit and make it a sticky in here? Would be a good starting point for people :)

Hi Matt,

Just back from holiday so have a lot of catching up to do (including updating P3D to 4.1). Please go ahead if you still feel my modest contribution has some value 🤓

Regards,

Mike

Great work, Adam! I always wonder the accuracy of the color rendering on your screenshots and I advise everyone to use your presets in other forums.
I suggest everyone to try my "green" too. In the archive are my new sky textures "AUTUMN", the effect of the glow of the sun and a simple preset made especially for these textures in the PTA version 2.60. Much attention was given to lighting in the morning and evening. This is especially evident on the slopes of the mountains.

12ade857a980.jpg

Spoiler

905baae8d431.jpg

08f2acb1a46d.jpg

502ab76f1a06.jpg

c10d8af49262.jpg

de45ec3d3cea.jpg

• Upvote 1

Gennadiy

Wow!!! Great shots! Great colouring, great aircraft and (of course) great location! That last mountain shot is particularly stunning!

I'm going to have to try your settings out!!!!

Adam.

• Upvote 1

On 15/10/2017 at 11:55 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

Announcement - new preset: adam_26_01 - for PTA 2.60 (P3Dv4.1).

Basically the old PA 2.52 25_04 preset with some minor tweaks.

pta26_01_06_1350.jpg

pta26_01_03_1350.jpg

pta26_01_01_1350.jpg

All my presets are here.

Adam.

Hi Adam,

is your preset good used with ASP4+ASCA+ENVTEX?

2 hours ago, Ibra1992 said:

is your preset good used with ASP4+ASCA+ENVTEX?

I've no idea, I'm afraid! I use it with ASP4+ASCA with no problems - but I use a combination of REX and FEX for the skies/water/runways. I don't use ENVTEX.

I try to make my presets as "neutral" as possible - so they shouldn't (in theory!!) need any particular add-on to work properly. Conversely, this means they ought to work with any of them.

However - sky colour (and weather conditions) have a massive effect on shading throughout P3D, so some of the more "extreme" choices from Envtex (or wherever) could cause problems.

There's no harm in trying. Presets are very easy to load and/or swap. Just remember what your current preset is, then load mine.

Adam.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.