Sign in to follow this  
amalishkin

P3D V3.3 Black Clouds

Anyone has issues with black clouds? i did check cloudnoise.dds and is there, but when i fly clouds around plane are black, anyone see that with their install?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had them but cured it by installing the content update and clearing the shaders folder

I had them but cured it by installing the content update and clearing the shaders folder

Which shaders folder?

Thanks

Chas

If you used any of the available shader programs, undo their job, restore the shaders (shadersHLSL) and clear the shader cache.

PTA has a new version HERE

Yea reinstalling content did nothing for me, i think it has to do with shaders tool i used before.

Which shaders folder?

Thanks

Chas

The one in the prepar3d area in local appdata. I'd applied a shader tool before it was 3.3 compatible and couldn't undo the damage. Reinstalling the client and content files and clearing the shaders did the trick

hmm strange i did similar and still no luck, i guess gona try again, or full reinstall.   seems i am not alone at least thats good sign :)

I was dealing with black clouds too, RSP installed on v3.2. After updating client i got the black clouds also. Reinstalling content didn't help. So I did a full installation of P3Dv3.3, that was the only "fix".

Restoring the ShadersHLSL folder and deleting the shader cache fixes the issue, no need for a full reinstall.

• Upvote 2

Only the two cloud effect files in P3D/ShadersHLSL need restoring (via RSP), and their respective 'cloud' cached files in the \users\<username>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders need removing. 

Not sure if the rest of the shader tweaks remain from 3.2, but this certainly gets rid of the black clouds. 

Im having exactly the same problem.  I posted it on the P3D site this moring. 

Me too.   I could also use the originals... dummy here

Eric

Do you install RSP too? Because if you did not really sure what you would want P3D to tell you since you Modified their files...

OK folks - these files are COPYRIGHTED material and, as such, can not legally be exchanged.

Any further requests for someone to supply them or offers to do same are in violation of the Avsim TOS and those users will be dealt with accordingly.

There are perfectly legitimate ways to recover these files -  from a backup or do a repair install.

Don't have a backup? Don't want to do a repair install?

Sorry - maybe you can learn from that.

Vic

OK folks - these files are COPYRIGHTED material and, as such, can not legally be exchanged.

Any further requests for someone to supply them or offers to do same are in violation of the Avsim TOS and those users will be dealt with accordingly.

There are perfectly legitimate ways to recover these files -  from a backup or do a repair install.

Don't have a backup? Don't want to do a repair install?

Sorry - maybe you can learn from that.

Vic

Dont think anyone requested anything in here to exchange or download/upload just something to watch out for others and learn from others mistakes, is what i take out of this.

Actually, they did and I removed the posts.

Vic

ah... the black hand of "moderation"

Just wanted to post, I had black clouds as well. What solved this for me was clearing the shader cache, then installing client.msi as instructed in the install manual, work for me in that order.

Yes, I had that also. Did the following with success:

1. Uninstall client only.

2. Restart PC.

3. Install client only.

4. Restart PC.

5. Delete contents of the Shaders folder in users/ "your name"/ appdata/ local/ Lockheed Martin/ Prepared v3/ Shaders.

6. Delete prepared v3 config file under users/ "your name"/ appdata/ roaming/ Lockheed Martin/ Prepared v3.

7. Start Prepar3d v3, re-activate and let the config and shaders rebuild itself.

8. When Prepa3d is running, configure your settings again to your taste, and fly...

Regards

Yes, I had that also. Did the following with success:

1. Uninstall client only.

2. Restart PC.

3. Install client only.

4. Restart PC.

5. Delete contents of the Shaders folder in users/ "your name"/ appdata/ local/ Lockheed Martin/ Prepared v3/ Shaders.

6. Delete prepared v3 config file under users/ "your name"/ appdata/ roaming/ Lockheed Martin/ Prepared v3.

7. Start Prepar3d v3, re-activate and let the config and shaders rebuild itself.

8. When Prepa3d is running, configure your settings again to your taste, and fly...

Regards

Thanks this process worked for me, however, you do not need to rebuild the CFG file in step #6.  I backed up my original and rebuilt but then restored my original CFG file and the clouds were fine.