Sign in to follow this  
ferrariman15

Likelihood of a PMDG 787?

I don't usually buy into these threads but given a steam DC6 has come out, what about a ckassic 747-200? Remember the "Ready for Pushback" offering years ago?

Dave, this and the 767 are my favorite aircraft. Love standing in the back of a 747 classic cockpit and being in awe at the number of gauges/switches. The -200B model is my favorite.

Why are you always so negative?

Negative maybe, but its probably true. :)

Liam "I forgot my name again" Reynolds

Edited by Lairyliam

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Reading through these forums, here's what I've learned about the next PMDG project...

757/767

Reason: Not popular enough; imminent release of Level D 757

Reason: Others are doing it; long hauls are boring; not popular enough/too popular; too complicated

Reason: Not popular enough; others are doing it

Pre-glass-cockpit era jet airliners

Reason: Not popular enough; not what PMDG does; others are doing it

Pre-jet-era airliners besides an eventual DC-6 port

Reason: Just a pet project; just playing with X-Plane; not popular enough

Anything Airbus

Reason: Too tied in with Boeing; others are doing it

Anything regional

Reason: Not popular enough; too tied in with Boeing; others are doing it

Any private jet

Reason: Not popular enough; too tied in with Boeing; others are doing it

Literally any other aircraft

Reason: Not popular enough; others are doing it; they already did it; it's not Boeing; it's not something they would do

I guess PMDG is just going to shut down because they're out of ideas...  :Clown:

• Upvote 4

I guess PMDG is just going to shut down because they're out of ideas...

You didn't list the Woodpigeon. I hear they will have windscreen raindrops and wingflex included.

• Upvote 3

Dan Downs KCRP

Jack I used to have a similar approach to PMDGs next project, rationalizing why something would or would not get created by them but after they announced they're working on the DC-6 I am back to "anything is possible" because the Douglas planes are the last things I would expect from them.

But who cares, because PMDG is happy to know that they generate great hype, and they are enjoying the publicity. After they've done such an amazing job on the 737 and 747, they've earned themselves the respect.

• Upvote 1

I've had a space reserved in my bank account for a detailed and updated version of a 757 or 767 for a few years now.  I am definitely not in the minority either and quite honestly I think PMDG recognizes that as well.  I think either plane would be just as popular as their NGX, probably even more so.  Doesn't matter anyway, we would be 3 - 5 years before those products were realized.

• Upvote 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

But who cares...

Have they ever disappointed us in the past? Nope! I'm sure we'll all fly the crap out of whatever comes next!

Is there a plan for when we will know PMDG's real plan? If that makes sense...

When the 777 was in-development we always knew the 747 v3 was up next.

Given the Boeing ties how about a C-17?

Thats what Im thinking too

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

I'll take a B-52 instead. There is no Boeing that has been in continuous service longer. It's a pipedream I know but we can all wish since thats what this has boiled down to.

• Upvote 3

not going to happen, I dont see Boeing share the needed info on militairy aircraft. Would be a cool aircraft to fly though.

sig1.png
sig2.png

Totally disregarding what's likely or economically viable, in no particular order here's a few planes I'd pay to have done up "PMDG-style":

DC-3, B-36, B-52, Tu-95/114, Gulfstream IV or newer, DC-10, VC10, Il-96. An-225 would be cool, too. Generally speaking, I like complicated systems and lots of tiny little dials all over the cockpit - the problem is, that stuff is difficult to model right.