Sign in to follow this  
ferrariman15

Likelihood of a PMDG 787?

I know there was a thread a while ago about a PMDG 787 but the real question about whether or not one is likely was never really answered. I know that a fully functional EFB that comes with the 787 in the world as standard is a none starter, but is PMDG able and willing to make a 787 in the future? I know that another developer is currently in the process of making one but we know that will be "reduced complexity", so would really like to know if a PMDG standard one is likely in the future? I've looked at many YouTube videos on the 787 and most of the advances in aircraft design don't actually apply to the sim, and it looks like this bird is right up your alley so to speak.

David Thwaites

To be honest, I think the 787 would be boring. Pretty much the same as their 777, but with larger screens and grey panels instead of brown. I heard that the upcoming 787 from QW will not be a dumbed down version, but yet a "detailed" version. I'd rather PMDG came out with a 767 or maybe an MD-80. But, whatever they make next they already have decided and it's most likely already in development.

• Upvote 2

Good, eventually..

And until then, the other will probably be just fine

To be honest, I think the 787 would be boring. Pretty much the same as their 777, but with larger screens and grey panels instead of brown. I heard that the upcoming 787 from QW will not be a dumbed down version, but yet a "detailed" version. I'd rather PMDG came out with a 767 or maybe an MD-80. But, whatever they make next they already have decided and it's most likely already in development.

I certainly don't think a 787 would be boring at all. Flying the 777 by the book is certainly a high workload during takeoff and approach. Considering the 767 will mostly be retired in a year or two I would rather they concentrate on current aircraft.

David Thwaites

I'm not sure a 767 would be much more interesting. They have done updated 2 and 4 engines. Maybe time for an updated 3 engine. The MD11 updated to latest specs would be good. Or perhaps a PMDG regional.

Either way I think we have a good while to wait. The 747 will keep us all busy for some time I think.

Dave, the 767 will be around a lot longer than a year or two.  Many passenger airlines are renovating their interiors, adding winglets, and tweaking the engines.  I can't speak for the European airlines, but United, Delta, and American are planning on using them well into the next decade.  As for cargo airlines, Boeing is still producing the freight model.  FedEx, UPS, and DHL will be using them for a very long time to come all over the world.

And Darren, you have no idea how badly I would love a tri-holer.  The 727 or DC-10-30 would be my choices. Love having a FE panel and looking at all of the analog gauges and switches illuminated at night!

• Upvote 1

767... *drool*

787, yeah, boring.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

You see I find it curious how people say boring to a modern airliner. Makes me wonder how realistically people actually want to fly their aircraft in the sim. Modern airliners like the 787 & 777 are far easier to fly realistically single pilot in the sim (even though it would be technically illegal in the RW). I've tried to fly the older less automated aircraft realistically and the workload is just too high to do it single pilot. With the 777 it's even possible with switch panels and LINDA to hand fly and do all your flows and checklists properly.

David Thwaites

I remember growing up in the 70's and 80's flying to the states on TWA 747 then transferring to a 727 for internal flights. How about a PMDG quality 727 with FS2crew lending a hand. Now that would be cool !

But I agree with Dave. Vintage or modern as long as it's PMDG it will never be boring.

• Upvote 1

I'd Love it if pmdg did something in between the dc6 and 737/747/777, like a dc-8/dc-10 or 747 Classics.

• Upvote 1

sig1.png
sig2.png

a.   % Chance PMDG will make a 787 -  ZERO

b.   % Chance you'll see a PMDG 757 or 767 - ZERO

c.   % Chance they even read this post - ZERO

d.   % Chance LD757 comes out by next century - ZERO

e.   % Chance someone's 787 (QW) will be out in before the next 2 years - 25%

f.    % Chance Pauly flies his PDMG 777 tonight - 100

g.   % Chance Pauly gets banned from this site - 100 (unless c.>1%)

• Upvote 1

Paul Gugliotta

a.   % Chance PMDG will make a 787 -  ZERO

b.   % Chance you'll see a PMDG 757 or 767 - ZERO

c.   % Chance they even read this post - ZERO

d.   % Chance LD757 comes out by next century - ZERO

e.   % Chance someone's 787 (QW) will be out in before the next 2 years - 25%

f.    % Chance Pauly flies his PDMG 777 tonight - 100

g.   % Chance Pauly gets banned from this site - 100 (unless c.>1%)

Why are you always so negative?

I'd be up for one, but even if they announced it tomorrow it would be Fall 2064 before release.... not sure how many of us will make it that long ha

• Upvote 1