Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

New ORBX library file released that fixes Migration issues with new Central version also released

Just an FYI:  In my case at least, the migration did *not* switch the order of FTX and OLC.  That's not to say it can't happen to others, it just didn't happen to me.  Definitely worth paying attention to, especially with the upcoming OpenLC US.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Thanks, Mitch. I have copy and pasted your instructions as a reminder for when I do migrate this weekend.

BTW, Your screen shots look amazing. The lighting in the last shot is phenomenal.

Cheers,

Jazz

Thanks...glad to help...and that is post-migration FSX/DX10!   Everything post-migration in FSX, P3D v2 and P3D v3 looks great.  All at or near my locked 30 FPS as well.  Thank gawd.... :hi:

Just an FYI:  In my case at least, the migration did *not* switch the order of FTX and OLC.  That's not to say it can't happen to others, it just didn't happen to me.  Definitely worth paying attention to, especially with the upcoming OpenLC US.

Stew, I had FTX above OLC in all my pre-migrations...and found out by looking, that both FSX and P3D v2.4 had FTX below the OLC, POST-migration.  Only P3D v3.2.3 had it where I had placed it many moons ago.  That's why I never thought to look at my Scenic Library in any of them.

Thanks, Mitch.

Jeff

Most welcome, Jeff. Cheers!

Nobody should have any fear of Orbx migration, now. It works like a charm. I have been using all my sim's;  FSX/DX10, P3D 2.4, and P3D 3.2.3, and each one puts out clear textures, no irregularities, great pre-migration FPS performance, etc.  I have tested pretty extensively, going from one region to another...from one continent, to another...and all is good.  You never need to open Central again, unless you add new properties.

Here is a couple from Peterborough, Ontario (for I was testing N.A./Canada Open LC textures (which are all good...)

Dawn shots, within P3D v2.4

2016_7_19_6_43_34_261.png

2016_7_19_6_46_21_889.png

So, everybody, migration-away....all current files will give you a successful result.  You need to load in the latest Lib file.  Migrate.  FORCE MIGRATE, right after on each sim, check for all Green-good-to-go entries in the Migration Troubleshooter app...and if you have that...defrag, reboot...fire up your sims...and enjoy the pleasure of going anywhere in the world, to plop down...or a transcontinental flight with no interruption, as well as globe-trotting. All yours, with a successful Orbx unifiedLC migration. It now can be accomplished!  No add-on of mine, no U.T. of mine, resulted in any conflict with a post-migration experience.  No tweaks to my .cfg's of any sim, mattered at all.  All good to know...

Ses

Personally, I can sign off on any comment against UnifiedLC Migration.

It works.

No texture corruption

No blurry texture or LC morphing

No CTD, as a post-result

Can fly anywhere in the world as one plop-down destination after the other.

Can fly over pre-migration, regional boundaries without visual detriment.

Until being forced (actually, because my Central was hijacked by the Migration Start Up process) to use the latest Lib file, and the latest Central software version a day ago, I most likely would have not decided to migrate being the dismal experience I had with the process since it was released as the 'Orbx way'.... In fact, I did everything I could to block it from my sim's.

That is water past the bridge today...and again I personally now.....recommend that a user DOES attempt to use all the latest files and software...and get through the migration portal. When you do...it is a verifiable blast...and no looking back at the past need to call up Central and set your Scenery Library active to a specific Orbx region.

I thought it was a great idea from the get-go...got totally turned off, when I had my P.I.T.A. problems...but to Orbx's credit...they have addressed the migration process.  If you still have some anomalies, then you need to look in your own sim Scenery Library, and sort it out there...as long as the migration tool produces all Green-to-go entries across from your installed regions.

Good luck, all. 

It works...

That is water past the bridge today...and again I personally now.....recommend that a user DOES attempt to use all the latest files and software...and get through the migration portal. When you do...it is a verifiable blast...and no looking back at the past need to call up Central and set your Scenery Library active to a specific Orbx region.

Hi Mitch,

The attribute I always liked best about you, among many excellent choices, is your unfailing unreserved enthusiasm about all things!

No one could ever accuse you of being tentative or shy of making a decision and proclaiming it to all! If you don't like it, you hate it! If you like it, you love it!

Why not? Nothing shifty, cloaked, or two faced, but straight up. I like that. Good for you!

Kind regards,

• Upvote 1

Hi Mitch,

The attribute I always liked best about you, among many excellent choices, is your unfailing unreserved enthusiasm about all things!

No one could ever accuse you of being tentative or shy of making a decision and proclaiming it to all! If you don't like it, you hate it! If you like it, you love it!

Why not? Nothing shifty, cloaked, or two faced, but straight up. I like that. Good for you!

Kind regards,

Hi Stephen..and thank you for the kind words.

I'm having a blast with my now; Green-pedal-to-the-metal  UnifiedLC installation.  I'm now almost 'teasing' my sims to show something up, as I cross past regional boundaries. WHAT A HOOT, Stephen!!   Seriously though...they have addressed all the issues that kept me from the Happy Dance.  :dance:

If one checks the ORBX official forum, there are hardly any posts now complaining about migration problems. Either the vast majority of users are happy or the people that had a failed migration have all given up trying to fix their problem.

I assume that if you don't install the latest libs (I'm still on the 160321libs) you will be safe from any forced migration I understand that this may be the end of the road for Orbx and I but such is life.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

What makes you say that?  Catch up with the times, Sir.  There are very few problems, if any, with the migration process nowadays.  Check out Mitch's comments above.

Stew

I understand that this may be the end of the road for Orbx and I but such is life.

Why is it  the end of the road, read post 94

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I assume that if you don't install the latest libs (I'm still on the 160321libs) you will be safe from any forced migration

That is correct. As an extra security step, block FTX central from internet access with your firewall. If you are not buying any of their latest sceneries, you will have no need to update their "orbx libraries". So you should be safe from the orbx unified lc update from this point forward.

There's no point in this, since the migration process is entirely safe.  Just make sure you have the latest installers for your regions should you need to reinstall a faulty one.

Stew

Why is it  the end of the road, read post 94

Can't see anything in post 94 that changes anything.  Not really overly concerned about safety-  those issues seem to have been resolved.  I just want the option to completely disable Orbx regions without doing so in the scenery config.  A simple enable/disable button in FTX Central would have done that but Orbx have chosen not to allow this.  I am very heavily invested in Orbx stuff but see little reason to buy much more this side of a new 64 bit sim.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

A simple enable/disable button in FTX Central would have done that but Orbx have chosen not to allow this. I am very heavily invested in Orbx stuff but see little reason to buy much more this side of a new 64 bit sim.

That was the idea  that orbx  brought in,  stops  us  from switching  regions  all the time,  now  you don't  have  to even  open up ftx  any more

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

However under the new arrangements Orbx regions are enabled all the time you can't readily turn them off and have just FTX Global and vector without mucking around with the scenery.cfg.  This is essential to avoid VAS hassles with high end aircraft (it is impossible to fly into the LA basin in the NGX/T7 with SCA & FSDT's LAX  enabled without having an OOM) and I also need to have orbx regions disabled to use Zinertek's night environment X textures.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett