Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

New ORBX library file released that fixes Migration issues with new Central version also released

FYI -

The reason I got rid of P3D/Orbx was because of a problem I had and was unable to fix.  The floor of Death Valley was covered with dense forest.  I seemed to be the only one with the problem and was not able to fix it myself.  On reinstalls the forest would appear as soon as I installed Global.

Yesterday afternoon just to see if the new migration would fix the problem I re-installed P3D, the latest library, Southern California, and Global.  These were fresh downloads.  The new migration did indeed fix the problem.  I just wanted to set the record straight on that.

This morning I uninstalled P3D/Orbx because I am now firmly established with FS9, California Classics over 500 backdated airports around the world, and the MAAM DC-3.  Even with Orbx fixed I am more comfortable with FS9.

Since I am no longer an Orbxer I will not be pestering you here anymore.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Interesting new development.

I had my Central v2.0 update software box unchecked.  I had been using it that way for about a month, since not wanting to risk another claff-few with the Migration routine.

Well...this morning,when I was going to change from Global to North America for active regions....as soon as I tried to fire up Central, I got a black over-ride Your Central needs to start a Migration to our new unifiedLClookup, blah, blah.

Now please remember, I was still running Central v2.0 with the update box unchecked!!!!!

Orbx has downloaded something that automatically bypasses whether the update box within Central is active or not...and now forces you to Migrate.

I could no longer open Central v2.0 to its home screen mask.  I only got the press OK to start Migration.

Well...it seems that you will be forced to migration, if you wish to use any of your pre-migration regions and airports.

I had no choice....

I started (with a recent system back-up in storage...) the Migration process for FSX, P3D v2.x and 3.x...and after each, did a second FORCE MIGRATION, after my Central v2.0 was upgraded to the latest v2.xxxxxxxxx.

I then went into each sim folder, and ran the Migration Troubleshooter...with all green entries on what I have installed, and red (of course) for those products that I do not have installed.

That is where I am so far...have not tried any flights, etc.  So...I am migrated once more, without any choice in the matter, and will see if it is a 'good' migration. If not...then I am Foo-bar'd.  You now have no choice...Orbx is forcing a migration upon you.

Ok..here goes a post-migration flight....cross your collective fingers for me....

Ses

Post Edit:

I am very pleased to report, that my forced migration was a total success.  After migration, I flew out of a N.A. region scenery, with the following clear, crisp textures, and no blurry morphing, excellent FPS, etc.  

2016_7_18_11_13_21_168.png

2016_7_18_11_14_57_876.png

I then went from a N.A. region airport, to a Global controlled, near Detroit, Michigan, with the following screen grab, in total texture clarity and no land-class, out-of-place issues, whatsoever:

2016_7_18_11_23_6_914.png

I then (of course all in the same program session) went to an Oceania region, airport in Australia, with the following great visuals, clarity, and no land-morphing, no gradual texture corruption into blurriness, or L.C. issues.

2016_7_18_11_28_37_522.png

2016_7_18_11_29_35_913.png

2016_7_18_12_26_43_797.png

So, in closing, I see that Orbx with the latest lib, the latest version of Central, with my re-migration (forced through the Central Troubleshooter section), and my subsequent checking (after the forced migration sequence in each sim) of all green entries within FSX DX10, P3D v2.4, and P3D v3.2.3...that my migration was a technical success, and am now once more looking forward to the coming N.A. OpenLC product.

Closing remark, ...Orbx apparently has their migration software and logistics...sorted out, and I recommend the Migration.  So very glad to see myself typing that.

In review, here is what I did...I was forced to migrate. After each migrate, I RE-MIGRATED, with the latest lib file in force. I then finished my re-migration of each sim. I checked that all my sims show the 'green light' for migrated files.  I then fired up each sim, and had obvious success by going from one region to another....and no corruption, land class issues, or blurred, out-of-focus ground textures.  

Do that...and you should have a successful post migration conclusion as well.

Cheers,

Ses

Just a guess, but leaving the update box unchecked only affected whether or not to update regions and airports, not FTX Central itself.  As soon as you ran FTX Central it naturally updated itself, as was the case with all users who wanted to update FTXC and the OrbxLibs, without necessarily undertaking the migration.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Just a guess, but leaving the update box unchecked only affected whether or not to update regions and airports, not FTX Central itself.  As soon as you ran FTX Central it naturally updated itself, as was the case with all users who wanted to update FTXC and the OrbxLibs, without necessarily undertaking the migration.

Actually Stew...not correct. I did not allow Central v2.0 to LOOK for an update, hence no update was available. This was new.  It was just there...and forced the update upon me. But all is good as I have noted...

The update box, was for to allow Central to look for and have an update available, not airports or regions. This was a web-search for only updating Central itself.

I ran this way for the last three weeks. This morning, the Migration Box Routine came up...with no choice beyond that. I could opt out by closing the box...but when trying to get to the normal Central software box...no joy, for the first thing that came up each time I tried to just run Central for a region switch-out, was the huge, Migration Notification, and to press to start the procedure.  I HAD to migrate.

Actually Stew...not correct. There are two boxes, that control 'sniffing' of updates...one for products installed, and one for Central itself. I did not allow Central v2.0 to LOOK for an update, hence no update was available. This was new.  It was just there...and forced the update upon me. But all is good as I have noted...

The update box, was for to allow Central to look for and have an update available, not airports or regions. This was a web-search for only updating Central itself.

I ran this way for the last three weeks. This morning, the Migration Box Routine came up...with no choice beyond that. I could opt out by closing the box...but when trying to get to the normal Central software box...no joy, for the first thing that came up each time I tried to just run Central for a region switch-out, was the huge, Migration Notification, and to press to start the procedure.  I HAD to migrate.

My impression, when reading the FTX Central manual, was that the update box was for regions and airports update notifications, not for FTX Central itself.  But admittedly, I didn't write the manual nor did I program FTX Central.  To me, it made sense that FTX Central started its update routine even though you had the Update box unchecked.  Moving on...

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

My impression, when reading the FTX Central manual, was that the update box was for regions and airports update notifications, not for FTX Central itself.  But admittedly, I didn't write the manual nor did I program FTX Central.  To me, it made sense that FTX Central started its update routine even though you had the Update box unchecked.  Moving on...

If the box was checked...it shut down the sniff-and-download a Central update sub-routine in Central, never mind the fact that you could NOT by-pass, or refuse the Migration.  If not, you'd never see the Central software screen again....no..this was forced upon me, by the software as of 18/7/16 

Hi. If I have all of the regions active in FTX Central, can't I just use the Scenery Library to turn the regions I want on and off?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Hi. If I have all of the regions active in FTX Central, can't I just use the Scenery Library to turn the regions I want on and off?

Thanks,

Jeff

I'm sure you can.

I did not allow Central v2.0 to LOOK for an update, hence no update was available. This was new. It was just there...and forced the update upon me.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I was forced to update to the unified lclookup which resulted in a huge drop in performance and blurry textures developing gradually after a few minutes of flying. After an uninstall of everything orbx, I re-ran the installers again, but this time I blocked ftx central from accessing the internet. Everything installed fine. Zero blurries, and excellent performance once again. Blocking ftx central with the firewall is the only way to avoid this forced update from orbx. As you pointed out, Sesquashtoo, unticking the "check for updates" boxes does absolutely squat. I am not ready to update to the unified lclookup file as I want more information on how this will affect the usage of other  landclass/vector products. Not surprisingly, Orbx haven't exactly been forthcoming with information in this regard. Besides, there will be a new sim on the market in just a few months, and we'll have to spend, spend, spend, again.

Jazz

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I was forced to update to the unified lclookup which resulted in a huge drop in performance and blurry textures developing gradually after a few minutes of flying. After an uninstall of everything orbx, I re-ran the installers again, but this time I blocked ftx central from accessing the internet. Everything installed fine. Zero blurries, and excellent performance once again. Blocking ftx central with the firewall is the only way to avoid this forced update from orbx. As you pointed out, Sesquashtoo, unticking the "check for updates" boxes does absolutely squat. I am not ready to update to the unified lclookup file as I want more information on how this will affect the usage of other  landclass/vector products. Not surprisingly, Orbx haven't exactly been forthcoming with information in this regard. Besides, there will be a new sim on the market in just a few months, and we'll have to spend, spend, spend, again.

Jazz

Jazz...even though I was forced this morning to Migrate...it has become a 'blessing-in-disguise'.  I now have all Green entries on my FSX, P3D's and everything is clear...looks great...and now, what a blast...being able to start in PNW....change up to Nova Scotia, blast over to Austraila....head back to Wyoming....well, you get the picture.  I suggest you try Migration once more with the latest Lib file, and the latest Central Update.  Run the Lib file first to all your M.S. based sims.  Then Update Central. Run the Migrator, in each sim...and then use the FORCE MIGRATION, in the same sim, immediately after your first migration routine. Check your integrity with the Migration Troubleshooter Tool. Mine showed all Green after the original Migration, and then my forced Migration of each sim right after the original pass, of when I used the tool to check things out. All was migrated and accounted for, in both FSX and P3D v2 and v3

So...I'm good to go...waiting for N.A. OpenLC, and back into the main-stream Orbx culture.  It has been a MAJOR P.I.T.AAAAAAAAA's  

But..the end game, is now..I can rip around in Migration, with a great looking sim..FSX/P3D...clear graphics...and all the benefits that Migration was held out to us, to hold.  Try it, once more...and here's hoping for your success posting.

Cheers,

Mitch 

I'm sure you can.

Thanks, Mitch.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

But..the end game, is now..I can rip around in Migration, with a great looking sim..FSX/P3D...clear graphics...and all the benefits that Migration was held out to us, to hold. Try it, once more...and here's hoping for your success posting.

That's really good news, Mitch. I too, am waiting for the release of Openlc NA, to go with Openlc Alas/Can. This coming weekend, time permitting, I will give the migration a second chance. Fingers crossed that it will be as successful as yours.

Regards, Jazz

That's really good news, Mitch. I too, am waiting for the release of Openlc NA, to go with Openlc Alas/Can. This coming weekend, time permitting, I will give the migration a second chance. Fingers crossed that it will be as successful as yours.

Regards, Jazz

I had no Jedi Mind Tricks to it...it must be the latest Lib file that has added content.  I do know that doing that second forced migration also plays big into a successful Migration.  I saw the file parsing slowing down, as the program combed through the files....whereby on the first pass, it flew by.

Sort of like file defragging, it takes a closer look at what was captured, and what was not.  My take, anyway.  The result, was green throughout for FSX and my P3D v2 and v3 inside the Migration Trouble Shooter report app.

Also, VERY IMPORTANT, you then need to run the FTX insertion program, from Central Tools, and make sure that the FTX insertion point is ABOVE the OLC entry. If not...you will get sandy soil patches in places within PNW and other N.A. based regions where it should not occur, like for instance on mountain sides...etc.  So...FTX comes before OLC in your Scenery Library of both FSX and any P3D's!!!!!   If you see that sandy soil...large tan devoid textures...it is the OLC above the FTX, and that is NOT an anomaly because of having migrated. Also, OLC before FTX will create land class and texture morphing. I think that migrating changes up the pre migration order of these two entries in the Scenery Library..and that is what is causing a lot of users, such crapping textures, and morphing grief.

Let me tell ya...if you can get Migration locked down...it does rock.  I'm still having fun crossing known regional boundaries with fluid depiction,...whipping from an airport in Australia, to Colorado...and everything is in place, textures, land-class at either end of the jump.  Migration does work, as long as you have all green-to-go entries across from your installed regions, in the Migration Troubleshooter report....

One last thing, I have no blurring textures, no pop in textures...all my visual depictions was as before migration.  John V is stating the truth...in that it is not an issue, if you can get a good migration lock-down with the curren Lib file, and current Central 2.x  That is true.

Jazz..here is a capture from my FSX Migration, that shows great depth, top FPS...and is as good as pre-migration, during inclement weather 

2016_7_18_22_17_16_390.png

Mitch

Thanks, Mitch. I have copy and pasted your instructions as a reminder for when I do migrate this weekend.

BTW, Your screen shots look amazing. The lighting in the last shot is phenomenal.

Cheers,

Jazz