Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

New ORBX library file released that fixes Migration issues with new Central version also released

Released an hour ago.

One post stated that it fixed the user's migration issues.  There appears to also be a new Central version that has a FORCE MIGRATION button under the Trouble Shooting section.

I'm waiting until I read that there are many others that now have a pristine and blurry-free/ Land Class error-free Migration to unified LC.

Information Capture for those not able to access the forum:

Hi all,

Orbxlibs 160708 is now available and with it the updated files to fix missing unifiedLC textures. This update will rectify morphing issues that have been reported.

To update, please do the following:

Step 1. Ensure you have the latest version of FTX Central (v2.1.6031.32439) and the Orbx Libraries (160708). When you start FTX Central you should be prompted to download both of these (or use the full Orbx Libraries installer from the Support page)

Step 2. Restart FTX Central.

Step 3. Go to Settings -> Troubleshooting -> Force Migration. This will re-start the migration process, automatically using the files from the updated Orbx Libraries. Any issues with the migration should now be resolved (try checking in your simulator).

Any takers? : :hi:

I will wait a couple weeks and see what the results are before I even think about reinstalling Orbx.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I'm doing the updates now. Will check in Sim and do a flight I know was bugging out with the migration of ORBX sceneries and get back to you.

Regards,
Jordan

Released an hour ago.

Any takers? : :hi:

Thanks for heads up

Rich Sennett

Thanks for heads up

Hold off, Rich...there's been a few posts already on their Central 2 forum that said things are still screwed up....Central won't load, blah, blah...missing files...software execute exception issues.....

Wait for a couple of weeks to be sure....

Hold off, Rich...there's been a few posts already on their Central 2 forum that said things are still screwed up....Central won't load, blah, blah...missing files...software execute exception issues.....

Wait for a couple of weeks to be sure....

Thanks Buddy thats not good - I'm thinking this is a bigger problem than first expected what I mean is to fix these problems new adjusted installers of the Orbx products might have to re-downloaded - could be wrong well see

Rich Sennett

Thanks Buddy thats not good - I'm thinking this is a bigger problem than first expected what I mean is to fix these problems new adjusted installers of the Orbx products might have to re-downloaded - could be wrong well see

....just goes once more, to have the need for a complete system back-up...one that you can run to with things go SOUTH...and fast...

I'm just about ready to make a new System Image for all my flight sim drives, as I have loaded in more scenery and texture files....never procrastinate on a System Image File! :))))

Cheers,

have downloaded and updated,( not run the force migration tool) seems ok. only have ftx Australia and so cal.

bob

I'm in no rush to migrate.

Will do so when it is the only option to go forward.

have downloaded and updated,( not run the force migration tool) seems ok. only have ftx Australia and so cal.

bob

To 'fix' the problems, you HAVE to force migration, so it will read the new files embedded in the new Lib file.  

To 'fix' the problems, you HAVE to force migration, so it will read the new files embedded in the new Lib file.

ok thanks , just applied that.

bob

Installed both updates, carried out forced migration and then ran the troubleshooter. All OK.

I think everything will be fine as long as the original files are where they should have been under the old Orbx file structure.

It seems that if the original migration went wrong, then the files are still present in the older location and can be copied again through the forced migration.

No problem with the new update at my end, but do have one question to ask. The update has taken around 2gb of HD space, I though this new update was meant to replace some of the textures not add more, anyone know what is going on there?

Marcus

Cheers

Marcus H

I started the update process by starting the download for new libs to be followed by the FTX central download. My mouth dropped when I saw the size of the download! The estimated time for the download seemed to vary from 30 minutes to 10 hours!!! Fortunately I had not presses the " start install" yet so I cancelled the download so I could find out what is going on.

Thanks for the heads up; like you I don't want to mess up FSX!

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

will wait 3 months or so..no hurrry

ZORAN