Sign in to follow this  
bpcw001

Again good stuff coming to the Lear 35 with version 2.6

Flysimware have updated their site

http://www.flysimware.com/website/LEARJET_35A_UPDATES.html

telling us about the upcoming 2.6 version.

Fine stuff, most welcome. Good to see that the Lear is stil receiving the developers' attention. It's a great addon and I find myself flying nothing else lately. So addictive. Maybe that's why I have become picky about it.

Hence,I am missing a word about fixing the out- of- sync main/standby altimeter kohlsman setting and the non-working pressurization cabin climb/descend rate indication.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I checked the download from the use store and it's the 2.6 version, guess it's out!

I noticed with ver 2.6, the green Windshield Heat annunciator light is on when the switch is off, and goes off when the switch is on. That seems backwards to me?? The windshield heater makes quite a racket, so I leave if off unless needed, which means the green light will usually be on. I believe the Windshield Heat light was off when the switch was off in ver 2.5.

Thanks for the continued support/updates Flysimware.

Al

I checked the download from the use store and it's the 2.6 version, guess it's out!

It's out?!? Well, I've got to wait for Simmarket to update the download.

I noticed with ver 2.6, the green Windshield Heat annunciator light is on when the switch is off, and goes off when the switch is on. That seems backwards to me?? The windshield heater makes quite a racket, so I leave if off unless needed, which means the green light will usually be on. I believe the Windshield Heat light was off when the switch was off in ver 2.5.

Thanks for the continued support/updates Flysimware.

Al

Sounds like a small inverted logic bug.

My thanks also go out to the Flysimware guys for supporting the Lear 35 addon that gives me so much of a good time with flight simulation.

Sounds like a small inverted logic bug.

I hadn't noticed that, I just assumed it was dark cockpit theory. It's SOP for bigger bizjets to turn on windshield heat before takeoff,

My thanks also go out to the Flysimware guys for supporting the Lear 35 addon that gives me so much of a good time with flight simulation.

Agreed, this is one of my current favorites.  I just recently added the FSFX immersion pack, totally worth it.  And if you haven't gotten the REX radar yet, its also well worth it!

Agreed, this is one of my current favorites.  I just recently added the FSFX immersion pack, totally worth it.  And if you haven't gotten the REX radar yet, its also well worth it!

Got the rex radar already. Also flying with theF1's  GTN 750.

Like I said before. The Lear 35 is currently the only addon I am flying, and as things go, it is likely to stay that way.

A superb package which perfectly meets my simulation needs.

A superb package which perfectly meets my simulation needs

It's really the only systems heavy bizjet until the new offerings from Eaglesoft come along. Even then it's still got that vintage appeal! And the continued support and evolution is amazing.

I hadn't noticed that, I just assumed it was dark cockpit theory. It's SOP for bigger bizjets to turn on windshield heat before takeoff,

But if the procedure called for turning on the windshield heat as part of the SOP, wouldn't the light be yellow or red instead of green?

Hi.  I just downloaded 2.6.  Do I need to uninstall 2.5 before I install 2.6?

Thanks,

Jeff

Yes you do. Go to programs/flysimware/Lear - and that is uninstall button.

Thanks, Dean.  I was thinking so, but wasn't sure.

Jeff

Got the Milviz radar but its not working, days "MV_WMX.dll incompatible with sim"(lastest PD3version, now following ticket from RX support). If you guys know a fix for this let me know....txs

About the lear update, i always felt i made one of my best investments, since bought ive flown 350.8 hours/144 flights and yes, almost fly this arcft only) - i flew it yesterday...hahaha crazy!

Keep up the good work! ;-)

But if the procedure called for turning on the windshield heat as part of the SOP, wouldn't the light be yellow or red instead of green?

Depends on the manufacturer, but generally yes. might be a bug for that reason.

Depends on the manufacturer, but generally yes. might be a bug for that reason.

So, I did some reading in "Flying the Classic Learjet" in order to shed some light on this.

When operating in AUTO mode, the green windshield ann light is indeed supposed to come on. I may cite:

"Placing the system in the automatic mode is accomplished by pulling the IN NORMAL/OUT DEFOG knob out and placing the AUTO-MAN switch in the AUTO position which opens the defog shutoff valve. The green WSHLD HT light on the readout panel will light."

I have not yet tried if it works like this in the new 2.6 version since I got the Simmarket update information only this morning.

It may not be a bug after all, but some great modeling of an intricate Learjet 35A detail :smile:

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the heads up - need to download new one...

Regards,

Scott

Got the Milviz radar but its not working, days "MV_WMX.dll incompatible with sim"(lastest PD3version, now following ticket from RX support). If you guys know a fix for this let me know....txs

About the lear update, i always felt i made one of my best investments, since bought ive flown 350.8 hours/144 flights and yes, almost fly this arcft only) - i flew it yesterday...hahaha crazy!

Keep up the good work! ;-)

Lots of people have this problem, including me, with the Rex/Milvyz WXR RDR in P3DV3, and have reported it to the dedicated forum at REX waiting for an answer :wink:

Cheers

Pat

I have not yet tried if it works like this in the new 2.6 version since I got the Simmarket update information only this morning.

It may not be a bug after all, but some great modeling of an intricate Learjet 35A detail :smile:

There are different versions of the Lear35A. For those with the manual 3 position switch the Lear35A manual says:

"Aircraft 35-107. 35-113 & Subsequent not incorporating

AMK 91-2. Aircraft 36-032 & Subsequent not incorporating

AMK91-2.

The WSHLD HT switch has three positions labeled ON, HOLD, OFF. In

the OFF position, no windshield airflow is available. In the ON position, the

control valve is fully open allowing maximum airflow to the windshield. The

HOLD position is used to stop the control valve in any position between fully

closed and fully open. If a change in airflow is desired, set switch to OFF

or ON until desired airflow is obtained then set switch to HOLD.

TO ACTIVATE THE SYSTEM

1. WSHLD HT Switch - ON. The green WSHLD HT light will come

on when the control valve begins to open. If the red WSHLD OV

HT light comes on, the overheat shutoff valve will automatically

close until the windshield has cooled, then open again.

2. To reduce flow in the event of excessive noise or system cycling:

WSHLD HT Switch - OFF, until flow is acceptable, then HOLD."

There is a setting for the green WSHLD HT light in the interior.MDL files that apparently didn't get changed when they went to the 3 position windshield heat switch.  I expect it will eventually get fixed.

I have been flying this a/c 3 or 4 times per week and like it more every time.

Al

There are different versions of the Lear35A. For those with the manual 3 position switch the Lear35A manual says:

"Aircraft 35-107. 35-113 & Subsequent not incorporating

AMK 91-2. Aircraft 36-032 & Subsequent not incorporating

AMK91-2.

The WSHLD HT switch has three positions labeled ON, HOLD, OFF. In

the OFF position, no windshield airflow is available. In the ON position, the

control valve is fully open allowing maximum airflow to the windshield. The

HOLD position is used to stop the control valve in any position between fully

closed and fully open. If a change in airflow is desired, set switch to OFF

or ON until desired airflow is obtained then set switch to HOLD.

TO ACTIVATE THE SYSTEM

1. WSHLD HT Switch - ON. The green WSHLD HT light will come

on when the control valve begins to open. If the red WSHLD OV

HT light comes on, the overheat shutoff valve will automatically

close until the windshield has cooled, then open again.

2. To reduce flow in the event of excessive noise or system cycling:

WSHLD HT Switch - OFF, until flow is acceptable, then HOLD."

There is a setting for the green WSHLD HT light in the interior.MDL files that apparently didn't get changed when they went to the 3 position windshield heat switch.  I expect it will eventually get fixed.

I have been flying this a/c 3 or 4 times per week and like it more every time.

Al

Thanks for confirmation. So it's a bug.

Well - one of the disadvantages of baking almost everything directly into the binary .MDL file instead of having the logic externally coded in XML gauges: we can't fix problems ourselves.

Well - one of the disadvantages of baking almost everything directly into the binary .MDL file instead of having the logic externally coded in XML gauges: we can't fix problems ourselves.

That is generally very true. However, what you can do sometimes is make character for character changes. For example, if the bug is a simple character error that shows up in a text editor, for example a + sign instead of a - sign, you can make that switch with the text editor, but you have to be very, very careful. What you can't do is anything that will change the size of the MDL file or the location of the bits in the MDL file, since it has been complied. Even an extra space will render the file corrupt. So if you are ever temped to try this, the first thing you must do is BACKUP the original MDL file!

Al

Lots of people have this problem, including me, with the Rex/Milvyz WXR RDR in P3DV3, and have reported it to the dedicated forum at REX waiting for an answer :wink:

Cheers

Pat

Thanks Pat, as soon as its ready will share...

That is generally very true. However, what you can do sometimes is make character for character changes. For example, if the bug is a simple character error that shows up in a text editor, for example a + sign instead of a - sign, you can make that switch with the text editor, but you have to be very, very careful. What you can't do is anything that will change the size of the MDL file or the location of the bits in the MDL file, since it has been complied. Even an extra space will render the file corrupt. So if you are ever temped to try this, the first thing you must do is BACKUP the original MDL file!

Al

Al, I think we're both on the same page here. I am used to fix stuff in addons, no matter if it means hex-editing MDL files, editing .air files or make fixes in XML gauge code :smile:

Al, I think we're both on the same page here. I am used to fix stuff in addons, no matter if it means hex-editing MDL files, editing .air files or make fixes in XML gauge code :smile:

Dave - I do enjoy trying to fix what I can.   I have not ventured into the world of air files, but have played a bit with XML files, and to a much lesser extent with .MDL files. It was satisfying to be able to find and fix the windshield and IAS/Mach light bugs in the recent L35A ver 2.6 release.  Thrill of the hunt, I guess.

I also like adding things (such as the Lua scripts for replacing mouse clicks with keys or buttons)  that improve the flying experience, at least in my judgement.   :smile:  Developing the scripts for the L35A autopilot, which was mainly for a friend of mine that I fly with quite a bit,  was an interesting challenge that took awhile.

Another fun project was developing what I jokingly call my Wind Radar gauge (pics below) that has absolutely nothing to do with radar other than I use the existing radar screen space in the L35 panel.  I mainly like to hand fly instrument approaches and don't have a need for radar, but also didn't like having the blank radar screen all the time.  So I use the space to display some useful info including the current altimeter setting that flashes red when the setting needs to be updated in the main altimeter's Kollsman window (by hitting the B key).

Al

37bbacf871.jpg

8eca866a6f.jpg

BTW, if anyone with an 'empty' L35A radar screen wants the file for the wind gauge depicted above PM me an email address and I'll be glad to send you the CAB file to stick in the gauges folder. You will also have to replace one line in each of the two panel.cfg files.

Al