Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Best European Payware Airports?

JustSim Nice isn't bad at all - not Flytampa quality but pretty good all the same. Nice is also a very interesting place to operate to as most of the time they don't like you flying the ILS due to noise sensitivity so you've some pretty challenging circle to land approaches to master.

FSDT Zurich and Geneva are both pretty old sceneries now but still look great in the sim, despite lack of ground markings on the stands at GVA.

If you like the Q400 then ORBX Southampton is a fantastic scenery and shows what could have been if they'd continued to make sceneries for the UK.

If you can get it (still floating around on disc at some places) and fiddle around with installing it then Earth Simulations Isle of Man is one of the best I've ever seen.

Some of the Greek sceneries are superb also - Flytampa Athens, with the payware versions of Mykonos, Skiathos, Corfu and Samos all worth your money.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

[...]

As for FT EHAM, VAS and FPS footprint I'm sure FT is well aware of the same things we are and will do their utmost to make sure the scenery will perform OK. However I can only imagine how hard it must be to model an airport such as EHAM in FT quality and still make sure the VAS and FPS will be OK at the same time.

So good luck with your testing and new setup.

Just look at Copenhagen. If they can manage a similar performance, I would be more than happy. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

So good luck with your testing and new setup.

Just look at Copenhagen. If they can manage a similar performance, I would be more than happy.

Thanks and I fully agree, if EHAM will be of same quality and have similar performance as EKCH it would be great!

Richard Åsberg

Thanks and I fully agree, if EHAM will be of same quality and have similar performance as EKCH it would be great!

EHAM will set the new standard...

For Fs it is the most challenging airport regarding performance, because of the 6 runways...

And FT is very precise in their developing.

If they think something can be improved they model that part over again...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

EHAM will set the new standard...

For Fs it is the most challenging airport regarding performance, because of the 6 runways...

And FT is very precise in their developing.

If they think something can be improved they model that part over again...

Yep, that's what I'm hoping for as well and as I said before in this thread IIRC I think many (most) developers could learn from FT.

Richard Åsberg

Any idea of the release date of FT EHAM? Really looking forward to this one.

I don't know of any date being communicated but I think (hope) we'll see it sooner than by the end of 2016 considering almost half of 2016 is still ahead of us.

Richard Åsberg

Fly Tampa's LGKR (Corfu) is one of the most beautiful scenery I've seen in my FS life.

The whole island is populated with detailed custom autogen without hard impact on frames rate.

I know I said it before many, many years ago but I'll say it again, your signature is too cool David!

Right now I'm on the beach and I was just about to get rid of the fly on my screen before I realized it was just your signature :lol:

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

I don't know of any date being communicated but I think (hope) we'll see it sooner than by the end of 2016 considering almost half of 2016 is still ahead of us.

End of 2016 would be ok. So I could use it with Aerosoft A330 and PMDG 747 v2  :Tounge:  :Tounge:  :Tounge:

Aerosoft's Mega Amsterdam, I'm enjoing it in P3Dv3.3.5, works nice and smooth, sans some minor rwy texture quirks while taxying which is not show-killer by any means.

Dirk.

I took time to tally up the votes for the European Airports.  The totals are from people who appear to own the airport, as compared to the ones who expressed interest in buying it.

Fly Tampa EKCH (Copenhagen) - 6 votes

Taxi2gate EDDM (Munich) - 3 votes

FlyTampa LOWI (Viena) - 2 votes

Orbx ESSA (Stockholm) - 2 votes

FSDT LSGG (Geneva) - 2 votes

FSDT LSZH (Zurich) - 2 votes

Aerosoft EGLL (Heathrow) - 2 votes

LH Sim LHBP (Budapest) - 2 votes

JustSim LFMN (Nice) - 2 votes

and 13 airports with one vote

• Upvote 3

Nice and I'm not sure if it was already mentioned but personally I think Aerosoft's ENGM is a nice one too.

Richard Åsberg

I took time to tally up the votes for the European Airports. The totals are from people who appear to own the airport, as compared to the ones who expressed interest in buying it.

Fly Tampa EKCH (Copenhagen) - 6 votes

Taxi2gate EDDM (Munich) - 3 votes

FlyTampa LOWI (Viena) - 2 votes

Orbx ESSA (Stockholm) - 2 votes

FSDT LSGG (Geneva) - 2 votes

FSDT LSZH (Zurich) - 2 votes

Aerosoft EGLL (Heathrow) - 2 votes

LH Sim LHBP (Budapest) - 2 votes

JustSim LFMN (Nice) - 2 votes

and 13 airports with one vote

All good choices.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator