Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Best European Payware Airports?

I always found SimMarket's best seller list very interesting since it will keep changing depending on what products you watch so I don't think you should pay too much attention to it.

If you ask me the logic behind that list seems to be much more about showing products that SimMarket thinks you might want to buy if you get to see them rather than showing a true statistical view of products sold recently.

If you go to the default page of simmarket, then it shows you the general bestseller. But if you watch one product from Tax2Gate for example, then it shows you the bestseller of this publisher/developer. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

If you go to the default page of simmarket, then it shows you the general bestseller. But if you watch one product from Tax2Gate for example, then it shows you the bestseller of this publisher/developer. 

OK, that makes sense but then if this list should be considered a serious one I think it should also tell you that you're no longer watching the best seller of the week but the best seller of the week for that specific developer.

Not a big deal really, I just find that list a bit amusing whenever I visit SimMarket's website and how the list changes depending on what products I watch.

Edited to add that what you say doesn't seem to be true because I just tried to go from the start page without having watched any products and at the top of the list under the week tab JustSim's Innsbruck was at the top of the list. Clicking that product should then according to you have showed me the bestsellers from that developer (JustSim) but instead I got a complete mix of other products where the main thread rather seem to be maybe the geographical location which would then be close to what I already said...you're shown a list of products that SimMarket thinks you might be interested in and willing to buy.

Nothing wrong with that of course. Any company obviously would always like to sell you more stuff they think might interest you. I just find the method having a list like this gives a bit of a false impression because when I see that kind of list to me that should show actual statistics what products sold best...not a list of products that SimMarket thinks would interest me. That is more pure advertisement if you ask me and then you shouldn't pretend it's something else.

Oh well...maybe it's just me becoming old and grumpy :wink: so let's move on with the actual topic...great European airports :smile:

Personally I really like this thread! It has already given me lots of good ideas so thanks to everyone participating and sharing their experiences with different airports.

Richard Åsberg

Yes, they should mark this like "Bestseller of xyz". But the default page is good, if you wan't to know the bestseller at the moment.

Philipp Schwaegerl

I just bought Aerosoft La Palma... I am on my way, 3 hours of flight left.

Will report back ;)

Edit: Yep, really nice airport with a nice NDB approach from the south!

Yeah La Palma is very great. Unfortunately GSX isn't working properly on this airport...

Philipp Schwaegerl

Just bought France VFR PACA1 3D automation

Gerard,

What did you do to make it (VFR PACA1  work with Orbx? Could you please post a step by step "to do list"

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny,

I use photoscenery for Western Europe only.

So no FTX there.

All other countries show FTX Global ..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Lot's of good choices listed so far. 

The Digital Design team LOWS Salzburg has been mentioned already but I dd not see their ULLI ST. Petersburg offering mentioned?  It should, because it's a stunner too.

RE Thomason Jr.

Agree, some very nice choices were mentioned. I always find myself planning a flight into FT's LOWW after all these years, amazing scenery. You can't go wrong with the UK2000 products for U.K based airfields. 
Aerosofts LFPG even how dated it maybe, still holds up, but if there's going to be a newer version that comes out, from what I heard done by Taxi2gate, I am fearful. Why you may ask? 
I just find their support not to an acceptable standard, having to find out that their products roll out fairly quickly and have issues on various systems since everybody's PC is a different animal. I feel really held back in purchasing their EDDM scenery, but really felt down with their ctd fatal errors with KMCO. Only managed to get it working properly by downloading FSUIPC and switching over to DX10 fixer which managed vas more efficiently. 
Which brings me onto the subject. FT, as a few mentioned here is, and will set the standard again most likely. Why can't developers like Aerosoft and Taxi2gate have installers or options that we can choose for resolution detail? This whole 4K craze is just causing trouble for oom's. Yes there's still a lot of FSX users in the community. 4K textures look great for taking screenshots and some quick video takes, but personally really don't see any gain or advantage on a 32-bit application which is already heavily limited with all our other add-ons that we enjoy to fly. 

T2G do make really nice sceneries but you are correct in saying that once they are out then support can become patchy. However there aren't any show stoppers and their work is amongst my favourites in the sim - Doha, Munich and Istanbul are all regularly used on my flights.

The answer to your VAS I'm afraid is not to keep pushing water uphill with FSX and get into P3D. Having used FSX again for a while during the A320-X beta I had constant headaches with my performance and VAS. Back in P3D now with the A320-X beta and all those issues are gone. 4K, 30hz, settings almost maxed and no worries at all.

Continuing with FSX now that P3D has matured is like doing your washing in a stream at the bottom of the garden when there's a washing machine in your utility room. I understand concerns over cost etc but 90% of installers for FSX work for P3D and apart from PMDG stuff you won't have to buy anything again.

Dovetail are on the horizon with the all new sim that FSX would have been had it not froze in time in 2007. Until then P3D is really FS-2016.

• Upvote 1

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

One airport that I find very cool is Gibraltar.

Anyone knows if someone is working on a modern version of that airport with full P3Dv3 compatibility etc?

Richard Åsberg

Just bought France VFR PACA1 3D automation + Justsim Nice...

Tomorrow Digital Design Salzburg

Both airports with P3Dv3 features...

I'm just curious what you think about DD Salzburg now that you own it?

I noticed you linked to this scenery already on page 1 and I'm thinking of buying this scenery myself. It does look very nice!

Richard Åsberg

One of my favourite. Especially the approach from the south is pretty nice :-)

I was in Salzburg quite often and I love the mountains and the landscape there. I quite often drive some high powered BMWs up the "Rossfeld Panoramastrasse" (http://www.rossfeldpanoramastrasse.de/).

From there you can look down onto the Salzburg airport!

Quite nice and a good scenery for P3D.

Thanks for the input Stefan, sounds good and I think this airport will be one of my next purchases.

Other airports currently on my purchase list include FlyTampa Corfu and Aerosoft Samos and Malaga and I've also been considering Orbx Dubrovnik but haven't quite decided on that last one yet.

Richard Åsberg

I noticed you linked to this scenery already on page 1 and I'm thinking of buying this scenery myself. It does look very nice!

Superb scenery.

The airport is small but the whole city of Salzburg has been modelled incl every house...

The mountains around it make it a beautifull scenery..

https://youtu.be/KVtX0NMgsO8

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0