Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Best European Payware Airports?

Thanks for the input Stefan, sounds good and I think this airport will be one of my next purchases.

Other airports currently on my purchase list include FlyTampa Corfu and Aerosoft Samos and Malaga and I've also been considering Orbx Dubrovnik but haven't quite decided on that last one yet.

Don't have Corfu yet but I've got the others. Samos is great and really challenging to do it by the book as it's a circle to land. A lot of fun! Malaga is nicely done but it's just another big airport with long runways so there's nothing that interesting about it apart from the nice view of the high ground you fly over on the approach from the North. Dubrovnik is really nicely done and again offers a fun circle to land on the non ILS runway. It's also bloody windy - the only place I've had a windshear warning in the sim :)

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Yeah, looking forward to the approach into Samos and nice to hear Dubrovnik is nice as well both when it comes to a challenging approach but also the quality of the scenery so guess I'll end up getting that one too :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Hi Manny,

I use photoscenery for Western Europe only.

So no FTX there.

All other countries show FTX Global ..

Gerard

Can you please tell me the size of the three files within your P3D\autogen folder

default.xml,

roofdescriptions.spb and

materials,spb

They are fairly big with orbx install.. no matter if its EU or US   (these three files would have orbx entries  if you install any Orbx products I think. maybe not if all you have is Orbx Global ). and then when you install addons like VFR France, they replace/overwirite  these three files and lose all that Orbx  entries... 

so unless you had backed up these files prior to VFR France install and put them back you will lose your Orbx addon autogen features.   and after your put the orbx related files (those three) you  lose the VFR France scenery autogens... I think. They are not appending entires to these files, they are unceremoniously over writing these files

Thats why I stopped using Gurnsey etc..

But I so badly want to buy this Paca VFR, yet keep my Orbx as well. Not sure how to find a way to do this.. But I am fairly sure it can be done..I just don't have the step by step instruction to do this. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny,

I first have installed FTX Global and then FranceVFR.

So FranceVFR has overwritten the files.

FTX Global I only use for south-eastern Europe, eastern Europe and Scandinavia as the rest of Europe is photorealistic.

What I can do is reinstall FTX Global and make a Back-up from the Autogen folder files.

Then reinstall FranceVFR and make a Back-up too.

With 2 batch files I then can switch between them.

As I did not investigate the effects what negative out ome is there when FranceVFR overwrites the FTXGlobal files ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Additional :

I have read all about it this morning and now I understand that there are issues between Orbx and FranceVFR

However, FTX Global and FranceVFR PACA 1 V2 are doing fine together.

From what I have read , specific Orbx regions/countries only are causing issues.

So my advice would be as I described above...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Fly Tampa's LGKR (Corfu) is one of the most beautiful scenery I've seen in my FS life.

The whole island is populated with detailed custom autogen without hard impact on frames rate.

Waking this very interesting thread up again.

Firstly to comment on Fly Tampa's Corfu that I've now tried out myself and I agree 100% with what David said above. Landed at runway 35 yesterday after a short hop from Fly Tampa's Athens which is also a very nice scenery BTW (as most of FT's products are) and I almost forget to focus on the landing and my visual approach being too busy being amazed by the quality of the surroundings :lol: For anyone who like a nice airport in this corner of the world this one is a must have!!

Secondly I wanted to check if any other great European airports have been released lately that I might have missed? I guess most of us are waiting for FT's EHAM and Orbx LOWI just to mention two upcoming airports I think will be amazing! I'm also interested in Taxi2Gate's upcoming LFPG but haven't heard much about it lately which is a sad thing because a Europe without a nicely done LFPG is really missing a very important piece and I'm honestly surprised no developer picked this one up a long time ago to replace the old AS version.

Richard Åsberg

I think Paris is a very difficult place. Compare it with Seattle. It also took a while, but T2G is alive and will bring some news soon. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Waking this very interesting thread up again.

Firstly to comment on Fly Tampa's Corfu that I've now tried out myself and I agree 100% with what David said above. Landed at runway 35 yesterday after a short hop from Fly Tampa's Athens which is also a very nice scenery BTW (as most of FT's products are) and I almost forget to focus on the landing and my visual approach being too busy being amazed by the quality of the surroundings :lol: For anyone who like a nice airport in this corner of the world this one is a must have!!

Enjoy! :-)

Samos and Skiathos from 29Palms are also beautiful if you like challenging approaches and VFR flying in the Greek islands.

For me they are not far from Fly Tampa quality.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Yesterday I bought LFKJ ( Ajaccio ) airport from RFSceneryBuilding.

A very nice complementation of my Photo scenery ( + AG ) from Corse ( France )..

Very beautifull island with many bays ..

Yesterday I bought RFSceneryBuilding Ajaccio airport ( Corse - France ).

Very nice looking airport with photo Environment and many objects.

As I already have the island of Corse photo realistic + Autogen it looks incredible.

Very beautifull Approach..

I think Paris is a very difficult place. Compare it with Seattle. It also took a while, but T2G is alive and will bring some news soon. 

Yep, I realize LFPG is a challenge to do justice but great to hear progress is being made because that is one airport I really miss in my current setup.

Enjoy! :-)

Samos and Skiathos from 29Palms are also beautiful if you like challenging approaches and VFR flying in the Greek islands.

For me they are not far from Fly Tampa quality.

Thanks David, I sure do and will :smile:

As for Samos I have that one too but IMO I think Corfu is even more beautiful. What makes Samos stand out is of course the very challenging approach!

Speaking about greek islands Heraklion can be pretty interesting as well in bad weather....tried that one out yesterday. Another one I think is really nice if it hasn't been mentioned yet is Thessaloniki. I think I'll let Skiathos pass for now at least because I currently have more scenery in this area than anywhere else. Very nice environment to fly in though!

Yesterday I bought LFKJ ( Ajaccio ) airport from RFSceneryBuilding.

A very nice complementation of my Photo scenery ( + AG ) from Corse ( France )..

Very beautifull island with many bays ..

Yesterday I bought RFSceneryBuilding Ajaccio airport ( Corse - France ).

Very nice looking airport with photo Environment and many objects.

As I already have the island of Corse photo realistic + Autogen it looks incredible.

Very beautifull Approach..

Will check LFKJ out, would be nice with another French airport!

Richard Åsberg

I have La Palma too but IMO it's not on the same level as FT Corfu for example.

Speaking about European airports I noticed Milano Malpensa X was released today, maybe that one will be one of our new favorites :smile: 

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for the HU Richard! ;-)

Milano is a nice place as well, flying from Switzerland.

:smile:

Just thought of one of my other European fav' ;-)

Thessaloniki-x.

Have a look at the pics.

http://www.aerosoft.de/_php_projekte/_php_screenshots/screenshots.php?sp=fsx&p=thessaloniki-x

It's a bit heavier on VAS than Corfu and less "sexy" but it's a very nice addition to the Greek airports.

When I want to train on the 777 I do quick LGKR-LGTS flights on dusk and the arrival at Thessaloniki is awesome...

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.