Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

A new traffic program

Let's see what the reply is.  I have asked for a few aircraft.cfg's and a couple of texture files, I'd like to compare them to the AI packages that I have and I might post the cfg's here if I can't find anything.  It just seems like the marketing attempt by the "developer" is half baked, for one thing, one would think that more effort would be out into the artwork.  All three screenshots are different in quality, not like they were taken by the "developer."

• Upvote 1

\Robert Hamlich/

Hopefully it's not someone trying to sell the pirated AI packages that we see pop up for time to time. I won't mention them by name, but most of us know which ones in talking about.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Surely if it made it to the Flight Sim Store it already has been checked and verified by the Stores people ? 

Surely if it made it to the Flight Sim Store it already has been checked and verified by the Stores people ?

You'd think so.

Hopefully with the FSS losing the FTX account they don't turn into Simmarket and start selling some products that are free are level.

The thing with AI packages like UT2 and others is that they use freeware models from various authors but OBTAIN permission to do so, unlike the Pirates freeware programs. I wonder if the author of this new program has obtained such permissions to use models, paints or flight plans.

The whole thing just seems sketchy to me, mainly because the author has no website or forum and uses a gmail address for support.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Let's see what the reply is.  I have asked for a few aircraft.cfg's and a couple of texture files, I'd like to compare them to the AI packages that I have and I might post the cfg's here if I can't find anything.  It just seems like the marketing attempt by the "developer" is half baked, for one thing, one would think that more effort would be out into the artwork.  All three screenshots are different in quality, not like they were taken by the "developer."

The third one is an ORBX advertising screenshot; the 1st one just looks like a screenshot of the old MyTraffic.

Yes, 99% sure that the model in the second screen is a mytraffic one. I have it and the resemblance is too big to not think about it.

(Another "feature" of MT6 planes is that they don´t have registration numbers in their paints. At least, a great number of them. The model in the picture don´t have one too) :Whistle:

vueling.jpg

DETAIL: Look at the picture above. 7 windows in the tail section area and a vertical cut. Now, look at the "Vueling" plane in the second picture of the advertise product. The vertical "cut" line is there too.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

So, are we saying here that this product looks suspect?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It looks like the jury of grizzled flightsim peers has decided.

• Upvote 1

Well, i would not buy this before knowing more from the product.

It looks like the jury of grizzled flightsim peers has decided.

I´m not talking about the lack of information from the developer. I´m talking about the screen posted in the product advertise page. Though, i hope that i´m wrong.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I´m not talking about the lack of information from the developer. I´m talking about the screen posted in the product advertise page. Though, i hope that i´m wrong.

To be honest, any new product from an unknown developer which doesn't at least have a YT presentation is suspect. Three screenshots is inadequate and immediately suspect. Either you have something to show - or something to hide. If you spend months of your personal time and effort creating something for the community to use  purchase, I would think that you'd have something to show.

But maybe they just suck at marketing

Not using migration tool now in P3D so I can't try it - hmmm

Rich Sennett

Found something at SimMarket!  Look at the 3rd pic, it's from Justflight Traffic 360.

http://secure.simmarket.com/justflight-traffic-360-(download).phtml

http://secure.simmarket.com/images/products/5/54/6954/99432_image002.jpg

It's the same as the first pic at the Flightsimstore.

Going to let the JustFlight guys know the person is using their pic for marketing purposes and I'll send this info to the FSS people.

\Robert Hamlich/

Found something at SimMarket!  Look at the 3rd pic, it's from Justflight Traffic 360.

http://secure.simmarket.com/justflight-traffic-360-(download).phtml

http://secure.simmarket.com/images/products/5/54/6954/99432_image002.jpg

It's the same as the first pic at the Flightsimstore.

Going to let the JustFlight guys know the person is using their pic for marketing purposes and I'll send this info to the FSS people.

Great find - something strange going on here 

Rich Sennett