Sign in to follow this  
777 pilot

CPU & GPU for the PMDG 777

Hello,

does an AMD FX-6300 be enough for the T7? What GPU schould I use?

Thanks in advance

Felix Keller

If you are building a new system, the common wisdom is to select an i7-6700K CPU and a GTX 970 GPU or better.

Read the Hardware forum, here at Avsim  :wink:

Anything less, and you will not get the same performance..  your call..

Bert

If you are building a new system, the common wisdom is to select an i7-6700K CPU and a GTX 970 GPU or better.

Read the Hardware forum, here at Avsim  :wink:

Anything less, and you will not get the same performance..  your call..

My current system has an AMD fx-6300 and a GT 730. I probably buy a new computer in 2/3 years. The GT 730 is enough for the PMDG 777 and airport scenery?

Felix Keller

My current system has an AMD fx-6300 and a GT 730. I probably buy a new computer in 2/3 years. The GT 730 is enough for the PMDG 777 and airport scenery?

Felix Keller

Yes. Until recently I was using a GTX550 with no problems so your GT730 should be fine. Your CPU exceeds PMDG's minimum requirements too. The 777 is well optimised and is not particularly demanding on processing power.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Careful... a 550ti is a way faster card than a 730  :Shame On You:

Bert

Careful... a 550ti is a way faster card than a 730 :Shame On You:

Not according to the comparisons I've seen. Anyway the thing is you try it and see. If it's not good enough then upgrade.

Cut the finger wagging please.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Not according to the comparisons I've seen. Anyway the thing is you try it and see. If it's not good enough then upgrade.

Cut the finger wagging please.

Sorry about the finger... no disrespect intended... I just went by the published card specs and the 730 is an entry level card.

But as you say, you can try it and see  :wink:

Bert

I ordered the T7 in a book schop and it will be there hopefull on Tuesday so I can enjoy the T7.

Felix Keller

I hope it all works out for you. Good luck.

I finally have the T7 and how do I activate the plane?

There should be a key number someplace on the DVD box. You will be asked for that key at some point during the I installation or the first time you load the plane into FSX and try to fly it, look at, or whatever. Enter the key number and the plane will be activated.

There should be a key number someplace on the DVD box. You will be asked for that key at some point during the I installation or the first time you load the plane into FSX and try to fly it, look at, or whatever. Enter the key number and the plane will be activated.

Thanks got I working. It's a wonderfull airplane. 

Topic can be closed

Felix