Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatcund

Another closeup of the C47v3

I downloaded this splendid paint today from Joe Z over at SoH: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?101611-Douglas-C-47-v3-Livery-Thread&p=1037733&viewfull=1#post1037733

Man it's beautiful!  I don't have the old Banana Bob reflection textures but it still looks really sharp with default P3D reflections.

Note:  The real world paint apparently was not metal on the bottom, it's an opaque blue/white - that version is also available, but I preferred this one.

Untitled-1_47.jpg

Untitled-2_52.jpg

Untitled-3_50.jpg

Most realistic nacelles ever?

Untitled-4_57.jpg

Untitled-6_46.jpg

Untitled-5_40.jpg

Untitled-7_35.jpg

• Upvote 4

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Beautiful shots downloaded this and his other paint added last night - amazing work - stellar work for sure - must have re-paints from Joe from SOH

What a superb bird. Ryan, do you also have the interior in black and/or light-blue instead of the standard green. They are also available from SOH and simviation and look equally impressive.

I saw those at soh but I haven't downloaded any of them.  Which is your favorite?

I saw those at soh but I haven't downloaded any of them.  Which is your favorite?

Ryan you using hdr - doesnt look it might want to take a look at it

My favorite is the black one. Looks very much like the real thing and should work well with your livery. I combined it with the lighter brown seats of the original version, just my personal preference. The blue one is a little bit too blue for me

Hey Ryan,

Glad your liking my paints, they have been well received by everyone going by how many hits the downloads have over at SOH. I can't take all the credit though, if Gman hadn't worked his magic on the paintkit.

You should add BananaBob's alternate globalenvtest files to your sim or at least install them into my paint folders. It makes a world of difference.

Joe

Hey Ryan,

Glad your liking my paints, they have been well received by everyone going by how many hits the downloads have over at SOH. I can't take all the credit though, if Gman hadn't worked his magic on the paintkit.

You should add BananaBob's alternate globalenvtest files to your sim or at least install them into my paint folders. It makes a world of difference.

Joe

Joe great job was waiting for these the day I saw them - you refer to Bobs env file where can this be had - thanks for the great work - my favorites

Found it but also has GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds - use that to ? 

Hey Ryan,

Joe

Hi Joe, how many files of type globalenvtest do we have to add?, just two: GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome and GlobalEnvTest?.

Please clarify. Cheers, Ed

Hi Joe, how many files of type globalenvtest do we have to add?, just two: GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome and GlobalEnvTest?.

Please clarify. Cheers, Ed

Dont bother Ed not much different actually than supplied P3D version or maybe REX installs Their version one supplied all ready is better here

You want to try backup in your main P3D folder those two files and copy Bobs over

Dont bother Ed not much different actually than supplied P3D version or maybe REX installs Their version one supplied all ready is better here

You want to try backup in your main P3D folder those two files and copy Bobs over

Rich, to test this out, what I did is to copy over Joe's repaint texture folders these two files taken from another repaint all-in-Chrome (metallic look) downloaded from SOH days ago. Looks terrific.

Cheers, Ed

That works - or here is the link to the files from Bob R

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=138660

Again, Joe, thanks for the paints - they are exquisite!

Thanks Ryan for link looks to be the same as the ones I got but from different place - these files going into aircraft texture folder or main sim texture folder - thinking the aircraft folder now - thanks

Not seeing any difference with these files or factory ones in main sim folder - looks great both ways so all set

Hey guy's,

Yes you need to add both files to either your root texture folder or to the individual texture folder. If you place them into the root folder it's universal for the whole sim, but in individual folders only that paint will use them. If you have downloaded any of TuFun's latest paints for the Gooney/Dak he already has the 2 files in his folders.

Joe

Yup works in either one - thanks but no need from what I am seeing and dont forget P3D users you can turn on reflections low seems to be as good as going higher - go higher and you risk taking a hit

My favorite is the black one. Looks very much like the real thing and should work well with your livery. I combined it with the lighter brown seats of the original version, just my personal preference. The blue one is a little bit too blue for me

Actually I can't seem to find the black one in that huge thread... could you post a reference or a direct link?

Hey guy's,

Yes you need to add both files to either your root texture folder or to the individual texture folder. If you place them into the root folder it's universal for the whole sim, but in individual folders only that paint will use them. If you have downloaded any of TuFun's latest paints for the Gooney/Dak he already has the 2 files in his folders.

Joe

Oh shoot I didn't know this - maybe I'll move them into the P3D aircraft's folder then!

She sure is a master piece and for free, it was mentioned on FS-Economy so i gave it a shot and put this in .Buggy Carenado can sure take a few lessons from these guys instead of just getting in our pockets overpriced and don't fix nothing .  For some reason even logging in i can't seem to post there on SOH but can some one tell me the failure   that are programed in cause i can't seem to come across any on any forum and i'm sure there is .Like overstressing the engine, that sort of thing , Of all the aircraft in flight sim, flying  this bird the proper way by the numbers , engine management, and not dive and drive  i find this one to be the hardest. 

Still can't post over at SOH forums for some reason .But all i would like to know on this addictive unit is what is programmed in if you mistreat it , cause i'm pretty sure  there is, but cant seem to find any post that mention it .