Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

XtremePrototypes Classic GLJ 25 SE Review

Ryan (or anyone else who owns this learjet), with the concerns expressed about FPS, could I ask for a quick frame rate comparison with some other popular add-on, say a pmdg 738 or cs 727.. ??? It doesn'the have to be too detailed, just try to get same situation for each and turn off any rate limiter and vsync so the frames can run unlimited. Thanks in advance!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

with the concerns expressed about FPS, could I ask for a quick frame rate comparison with some other popular add-on, say a pmdg 738 or cs 727

Just did a real quick test at EGPH (UK2000) between the CaptainSim 727 and the XP Lear and to my surprise the FPS hit wasn't as bad as I recall. Maybe a lose of 2-3 FPS. I think my initial reaction and use of the XP Lear was at very high quality payware airports and  a lot of AI traffic. I seem to recall frames in the 15 to 18 range. Where before with ALL the other aircraft I own this was an all time low.  I haven't ventured out much with the XP Lear, not that I don't enjoy it, it's an excellent aircraft, but my VA flying has kept me in the AS Airbus. I think you will notice a FPS hit but not enough to not enjoy the plane. VAS on the other hand is a different story. In my quick unscientific study the XP Lear used 400-500 more than the CS 727. Hope this helps you out.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

Just did a real quick test at EGPH (UK2000) between the CaptainSim 727 and the XP Lear and to my surprise the FPS hit wasn't as bad as I recall. Maybe a lose of 2-3 FPS. I think my initial reaction and use of the XP Lear was at very high quality payware airports and a lot of AI traffic. I seem to recall frames in the 15 to 18 range. Where before with ALL the other aircraft I own this was an all time low. I haven't ventured out much with the XP Lear, not that I don't enjoy it, it's an excellent aircraft, but my VA flying has kept me in the AS Airbus. I think you will notice a FPS hit but not enough to not enjoy the plane. VAS on the other hand is a different story. In my quick unscientific study the XP Lear used 400-500 more than the CS 727. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks very much Bill. Can I ask you to quote the actual numbers for FSP you were seeing? I realize the absolute numbers won't necessarily transfer, but the values would be useful from a relative sense. Disappointing to hear about the VAS. It'seems an issue with my setup. That's one of the things putting me off the flysimware Lear 35A.

EDIT to add: I'm using P3D V3 and there was a 'suggestion' that you should turn off 'Optimize Parts' in the Prepar3D.cfg to use the model. Is that the case?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Ryan (or anyone else who owns this learjet), with the concerns expressed about FPS, could I ask for a quick frame rate comparison with some other popular add-on, say a pmdg 738 or cs 727.. ??? It doesn'the have to be too detailed, just try to get same situation for each and turn off any rate limiter and vsync so the frames can run unlimited. Thanks in advance!

I don't have any of those

I did compare it to the Car citation and default on page 2 maybe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can I ask you to quote the actual numbers for FSP you were seeing? I realize the absolute numbers won't necessarily transfer, but the values would be useful from a relative sense.

Sure no problem. 

There are a HUGE amount of variables but you know that. :smile:

CS727     --- AVG FPS were 32.

XP Lear   --- AVG FPS were 28.

CS727    --- VAS remaining 2313.

XP Lear  --- VAS remaining 1853.

I am running this in FSX so I am no expert on the 'Optimize Parts' thingy! 

Just for some perspective my system is an I7 4790k OC to 4.7.

Hope that helps.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

Quick number compare (same scenery, same weather, reboots in between, avionics on)

Default F22: 75 fps

Carenado C550 (typical fps hog): 45 fps

XP Lear 25: 40 fps

yikes!

Found it.. thanks! I don't have the C550, but with the default F22, I'm seeing actually slightly lower performance than you (about 70 fps) for my 'default' flight. That would suggest I should expect something in the neighbourhood of 37 FPS for the Lear 25. I get about 47 for the CS737-200 and about 45 for the PMDG 737-800 in the same setting. Looks like the Lear will be really tough on my system too! :mad:

Sure no problem. 

There are a HUGE amount of variables but you know that. :smile:

CS727     --- AVG FPS were 32.

XP Lear   --- AVG FPS were 28.

CS727    --- VAS remaining 2313.

XP Lear  --- VAS remaining 1853.

I am running this in FSX so I am no expert on the 'Optimize Parts' thingy! 

Just for some perspective my system is an I7 4790k OC to 4.7.

Hope that helps.

Indeed! Thank you. If you look at my reply to Ryan's data you can see how I used the ratio of the frame rates of common aircraft to deduce how it might perform on my system (i5 3570 OC 4.3gHz). Using the same approach, from you data I should expect in the area of 41 FPS. However, I'm using P3D with minimal add-ons and Optimize Parts set true (which provides a big performance boost on some aircraft) versus your measurements in FSX, so I'm not sure how well these will map except I think I can say with confidence that I'll see something a few frames below the CS727 - which is what you said from the start LOL!

For anyone who's interested, I found the P3D Optimize Parts discussion here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/493802-issue-with-the-xtremeprototypes-lear-in-p3danyone-else/

This is a showstopper for me. Too bad.

Yeah but you can use the FSX model in P3D. The only downside is that a few switches won't animate. This is what I decided to do to avoid losing optimize parts.

But agreed - it's really tough on VAS. All the textures I guess... it's not a plane you'd think would be too hard on perform but it is :(

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Has anyone had trouble downloading this aircraft, it's 1.1GB and my IP drops it at about 54% and now I've exceeded my downloads. I have GetRight but can't seem to get it to download the *.zip file. I have sent them an e-mail and now just waiting for a response....Looking forward to flying her!

Cheers

Martin

I have no trouble but I got it when it came out

Support took maybe a day to get back to me when I had a question

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Alain from Xtreme Prototypes got back with me in short time and help me get things resolved, great support.

Now can't wait to fly her! Thanks for the review Ryan, always been a fan of the Lear!

Cheers

Martin

Hi Guys,

I'm on the verge of buying this product. To help me with my final "go" could you post a cockpit picture showing the engine/flight instruments at say FL390,

steady cruise flight? I would like to check various engine parameters VS RW aircraft.

Appreciate your help,

Tamas

Half way through my pics there's a shot at FL450 showing the GTN750 and most of the engine gauges.  I can't recall what the turbine was at.... maybe 82?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Is the only trim pitch on the center console, because when I try to change the trim for pitch nothing seems to happen and my take off trim annunciator light is on prior to take off. I quickly went over the manual but perhaps I miss it :fool:

Cheers

Martin