Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

XtremePrototypes Classic GLJ 25 SE Review

I'm no Ray Marshall, but here's some quick text and 20 screen shots from P3D v3.3 of the really incredible XP Lear 25D!

You sold me! Picked this up a few days ago and its a winner. Probably would have never found it without your review.  I've had about 10 flights with it, with your GTN750 mod, and its got the visuals and the systems to back it up.

Thanks Ryan for the heads up and GTN mod.

One thing .. I have found it a little hard on VAS compared to other aircraft I have (Aerosoft Airbus, Carenado Hawker, QW757 and some others). Whats your experience?

I'm using it in FSX.

Sheldon

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

About the same...  I find it not only tough on VAS but on fps too.  However I've got an "older" 2500K 4GHz - might be the issue

Thanks for your kind words too!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

We just need to get Richard Sennett into this addon, he does awesome repaints.

Mitchell Haughee

This plane really is great.  I bought it this week and have several flights on it now.  With the GTN 750 in it it absolutely hits that sweet spot in engagement for me.   The steam gauges make everything a little more interesting, the simple autopilot makes you still do some of the work (especially without an autothrottle, trying to maintain M0.78 at FL440, you can't just tune out and let the AP go or you'll be in overspeed...), but with the modern GPS your flight planning and tracking isn't all that hard.  It takes a little while to get off the ground, but then climbs like a beast, and in no time you're screaming through the sky 10,000 feet over the jet liners.  I haven't quite mastered the landing yet, this thing's so spry I want to fly it like a prop plane, but with the jets it needs to be stablized properly or you'll be chasing the glide slope all the way to the ground.

It's fun.   For the heck of it, M0.78 at FL420 over central Missouri:  

UFxf1Cl.jpg

And turning for final at KJLN:

M15UQgQ.png

• Upvote 1

Nice.  Is that 3 monitor or 4k etc?

I agree the plane is really good.  It's just a bit tough on my older 2500k system.  Hopefully I'll be getting a new one in early 2017.  But yeah, a nice handflier that will keep you on your toes even with AP or GTN 750 use.  I just flew on vatism tonite and with an RNAV star, with speed restrictions it was quite a bit of management I thought.  Would be nice if I had tactile controls or more realistic hardware!

Also agree on the approach speed/landing phase - it's really picky - I usually fly 140 KIAS and transition to 120 by the numbers.  It will basically sink like a rock under 140 if you drop out the power too much (full flaps I forgot the landing weight)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Still haven't bit the bullet on this but I'm about to.  Looked seriously at the Flysimware, but I've just upgraded to a big 4K monitor and migrated over to P3D v3, and I don't think I can deal with the cockpit visuals.  Mulling it over a little, but I'm mostly decided in favor of this one.

I don't have the FSW but I think the systems are a bit better on that one.  Still this XP version has enough systems to keep me busy if I try to fly it correctly.  And it will work me over lol

Buuuttttt...... I'm ready for a glass cockpit bizjet (Eaglesoft/Milviz/or Mystery company! where are you??)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I have the FSW 35 as well.   I agree with Ryan:  it may be a little deeper, but the visuals are just too crude for me.  The 25 is "good enough" in the systems department and for some intangible reason (maybe at least partially the looks?) I find it just more plain fun to fly.  It will certainly keep you busy in the cockpit, though!

(That's a 3440x1440 21:9 monitor, Ryan.  34" curved.  One of the best PC accessories I ever bought!)

I'm using it in FSX.

I have not purchased yet .. so just checking ... on FSW and the XP ..

Can they it just be installed in FSX or P3D v3.4 or Both FSX and P3D on the same PC?

The LH version has a few bugs. The ones that are apparent in every flight are the issues with the annunciator panel and the plane has the tendency to drift of center while landing. It makes every landing a challenge. Maybe this is the way the real plane behaves. I have not had any issues with the AP.

Yes, those problems and I had problems with strobes flashing in the VC and other problems with the plane (LH LJ 24B) and also problems with the Lionheart's LJ24B product support.

I am not sure if the bugs will ever be fixed.

I uninstalled it ... never missed it. Bad purchase for me.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Can they it just be installed in FSX or P3D v3.4 or Both FSX and P3D on the same PC?

As far as the XP .. Its one download for FSX and P3D. But I'm not sure about an install into FSX AND P3D on the same PC.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

But I'm not sure about an install into FSX AND P3D on the same PC.

That is what I need to know.

If one purchase license covers installing into FSX and P3D on my PC?

Or do I have to purchase two licenses?

Best Regards,

1 license gets you a FSX and P3D version

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

1 license gets you a FSX and P3D version

Ryan,

Thanks for confirming.

Have a good evening.

Best Regards,

Reading on their sales / support pages I noticed Xtreme Prototypes support is not always provided by the developer.
"If you have purchased your addon from one of our authorized resellers, please contact your reseller for customer support."

I have had problems with type of non-developer support in the past.

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,