Sign in to follow this  
alfamike

X-Plane 10.50 is officially released

Very exciting indeed, pushing for steam as well then I gather?

spacer.png

I just downloaded the 10.50 update. I verified that it said 10.50 in the opening splash screen. The first window in xplane where I select airport, airplane and weather seems to be exactly the same as before. I thought the new 10.50 version was supposed to have a new selection screen where you could select exact parking location on the airport. Did this not make it into the new release, or am I missing something?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

This feature was never announced for XP 10.50. It was shown as part of future developement. It's not even sure it will be a XP10 feature. My guess is rather XP11.

Best

Flo

Thanks Wayne and Jimmy. Seems I do have 10.50. Version number threw me a bit

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I thought the new 10.50 version was supposed to have a new selection screen where you could select exact parking location on the airport. Did this not make it into the new release, or am I missing something?

No. This feature is planned for X-Plane 11.

That presentation video some weeks ago had two halves. First, they showed X-Plane 10.50, after that X-Plane 11.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I don't think so. I updated to Steam RC2 last week on my laptop - with no active connection over the last few days, my buildID, with 'beta' in the Steam library title, still reads 1305124.

Also, from Ben's blog, posted today:

Did you try switching back to the release channel on steam? Because i got only the release channel and i am now updated to 10.50

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I switched back to the release channel, and the buildID number stayed the same, with the only change being that the 'beta' tag was removed from the title within Steam.

When I open the sim, I note that if you open the 'About/About X-Plane' screen from the menu, it shows the version inside X-Plane as being "X-Plane 10.50r3 (build 105009 64-bit)". So I'm guessing that the RC3 build was turned into the release version on Steam as well.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

make sure That X-Plane is in windowed mode and that the X-Plane window is maximized.

I wasn't able to get 10.5x into Windowed mode, so I ended up uninstalling everything and re-installing everything to solve the issue, but appreciate the suggestion.

Cheers, Rob.