Sign in to follow this  

Make sure you use the correct ' signs. If you copied the particular line from the manual, the final two ' are wrong.

Good one Mario! Thx!

OK, tried it and I like what I see.

Only "problem" is having to use SMPv3 + RWC to have clouds.

Sometimes I prefer to use XP10 with some free cloud "themes", or even the default clouds in XP10...

Anyway, it's a very nice app!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I just tried it, I am geting that weird light flashing on the horizon with HDR or no HDR.

And it also says NOAA communication failed , but the NOAA Weather service is showing up in the plugins menu. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Good one Mario! Thx!

OK, tried it and I like what I see.

Only "problem" is having to use SMPv3 + RWC to have clouds.

Sometimes I prefer to use XP10 with some free cloud "themes", or even the default clouds in XP10...

Anyway, it's a very nice app!

Not for me,

these are my modifed lines:

# self.clouds = []

# for i in range(3):
        #    self.clouds.append({
        #                    'top':      EasyDref('"sim/weather/cloud_tops_msl_m[%d]"' % (i), 'float'),
        #                    'bottom':   EasyDref('"sim/weather/cloud_base_msl_m[%d]"' % (i), 'float'),
        #                    'coverage': EasyDref('"sim/weather/cloud_type[%d]"' % (i), 'int'),
        #                    # XP10 'coverage': EasyDref('"sim/weather/cloud_coverage[%d]"' % (i), 'float'),
        #                     })

self.visibility  = EasyDref('sim/multiplayer/position/plane19_speedbrake_ratio', 'float')

# setClouds = []

Where is the error?

Not for me,

these are my modifed lines:

# self.clouds = []

# for i in range(3):
        #    self.clouds.append({
        #                    'top':      EasyDref('"sim/weather/cloud_tops_msl_m[%d]"' % (i), 'float'),
        #                    'bottom':   EasyDref('"sim/weather/cloud_base_msl_m[%d]"' % (i), 'float'),
        #                    'coverage': EasyDref('"sim/weather/cloud_type[%d]"' % (i), 'int'),
        #                    # XP10 'coverage': EasyDref('"sim/weather/cloud_coverage[%d]"' % (i), 'float'),
        #                     })

self.visibility  = EasyDref('sim/multiplayer/position/plane19_speedbrake_ratio', 'float')

# setClouds = []

Where is the error?

Try not using this line :

"self.visibility  = EasyDref('sim/multiplayer/position/plane19_speedbrake_ratio', 'float')" 

because I was not getting the NOAA in the plugins menu, I started with that line and let the original be , now the NOAA does show up. try it.

You may also get NOAA communication failed just like I seeing right now.

Davide and Zulfi

1) did you replace the original self.visibility entry with:

self.visibility = EasyDref('sim/multiplayer/position/plane19_speedbrake_ratio', 'float')         <---- around "float"  it's a quote, not the back-quote wrongly used in the Manual, as Mario pointed out above!

2) The other line to change is not "setClouds" but rather, on line 403 of the original "py" script:

#        lastBase = 0

a bit above the "setClouds" one...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hello,

I've done this test.

First the Check symbol and it's correct (however Notepad ++ say if a tag is wrong), comment the correct value (last base) and uncomment other but plugin is not load also I've tried to comment the self visibility using the default but plugin continue to be not load in xp

What's the problem with including all the necessary (FREE) files in order to correctly test and for all of us to be in the same page?

If permission is needed, I think we should just ask.

I've always wanted a way to reduce visibility to improve performance. Beta 1 did a great job maintaining visibility.

I will test this version, but as I stated. I'd prefer having all free files (with permission.)

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I tried commenting the lastbase which is at line 400 I am using Editplus and do have Notepad++.

Still a no go, first that white flashing which seems to get turned off when I reload Flywithlua script and then the NOAA weather plugin will not be seen , you try to change the weather from the weather menu it just does not allow , so could be that the NOAA weather plugin is working but just not showing up .

Let's wait for the OP to check this problems. As many are liking this  and hopefully will get sorted out.

It really would be wonderful if this script can be used with the default or other clouds textures and clouds scripts.

What's the problem with including all the necessary (FREE) files in order to correctly test and for all of us to be in the same page?

I've always wanted a way to reduce visibility to improve performance. Beta 1 did a great job maintaining visibility.

I will test this version, but as I stated. I'd prefer having all free files (with permission.)

I agree, i've lot of problem for customize py file, i believe that the custom version should be inlclude on pack, at the moment i can't use the product

he has asked but has not received and answer yet. And i can understand that as long as he has no answer, he waits until he gets permission.

Thanks.

Tested beta 3 and NOAA plugin missing and I'm fogged in.

Back to beta 1

Would like to try it but I run Python 3 for Ortho4XP so alas I cannot. Ortho is more important to me, is there a way to run with the newer python or to run both python versions. Someone more able than I would need to write a script to enable running both I imagine.

I got Beta 3 working.

However, I still get a CTD when I try to access a metar via NOAA.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what python version I need or is NOAA unstable.

TKS

Would like to try it but I run Python 3 for Ortho4XP so alas I cannot. Ortho is more important to me, is there a way to run with the newer python or to run both python versions. Someone more able than I would need to write a script to enable running both I imagine.

You can have both versions of Python running without any problems ,

I got Beta 3 working.

However, I still get a CTD when I try to access a metar via NOAA.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what python version I need or is NOAA unstable.

TKS

I have no problems with python-2.7.10.amd64

Sorry guys, I can't believe I messed the manual up again... here's the corrected one.

I am happy to announce that I am now working with Joan on making the NOAA plug-in compatible out of the box. That means the next version of the NOAA plug-in will automatically set itself up once you run Ventura Sky (Beta 4), no more edits needed. Of course the "dummy dataref" (plane19) will also be a thing of the past.

• Upvote 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB