Sign in to follow this  

I just recently got Noaa plugin just for Ventura sky. I was pleasantly surprised that I like it more than FSGRW. I think the presentation of the clouds and layers seem more natural to me with it.

Ventura beta 3 is working great for me too.

Remember when you use SMP + RWC in the required "Always" setting, clouds will be placed by RWC, not the NOAA plug-in. Ventura Sky only uses wind, turbulence and pressure from the plug-in.

Just took my first full light with beta 3 installed. All I can say is wow. Best sky rendering to date for XPX.

Thanks!

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

This plug-in seems to be very epic. I was searching for this. A well gradient of layers in terms of lightnings of the sky, clouds and visibility. Does this plug-in also have an algortihm that determines the amount of grey haze in the air with respect to the local humidity and temperature? For example, in very hot countries the visibility is poor. Despite 'clear' skies and beautiful weather. When at a certain altitude above these kind of countries (especially summers obviously) you see a lot of haze and sometimes combined with smog above large® cities.

This plug-in seems to be very epic. I was searching for this. A well gradient of layers in terms of lightnings of the sky, clouds and visibility. Does this plug-in also have an algortihm that determines the amount of grey haze in the air with respect to the local humidity and temperature? For example, in very hot countries the visibility is poor. Despite 'clear' skies and beautiful weather. When at a certain altitude above these kind of countries (especially summers obviously) you see a lot of haze and sometimes combined with smog above large® cities.

There are currently no location specific tweaks in the script, however the humidity plays a role for the color and amount of the haze.

What I am looking at for Beta 4 is that the atmospheric scattering is controlled by the sun pitch angle. That would allow more scattering (for the blue haze connoisseurs out there, you know who you are) at daytime, without throwing off the balance at dawn / dusk.

One more thing, if you don't need or like the visibility limit, you may set the limit to 100nm - that way you will get the actual visibilities by NOAA and still profit from all the other stuff Ventura Sky offers - for example the smooth visibility shifts. I should have pointed that out better - the visibility limit is purely optional in the end.

-

Nooooo I just had 4 days limitless flying with the wifey away and now this gets released lmao

OK I need to be creative in asking for some flying time :)

Can't wait to try this ....

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

What I am looking at for Beta 4

Have you an estimation about how long it will take for a first stable release? (Days? Weeks?)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

From what I read here, this seems like a brilliant piece of work! Too bad I´m away on business the rest of the week.. maybe I need to cut my trip short - can't wait to try this! Maybe I need to postpone my plans to build a new system with a Titan X(P) and a 6700K when I get home too .. #1stWorldProblems  :Tounge: 

Thank you for your brilliant work! 

Have you an estimation about how long it will take for a first stable release? (Days? Weeks?)

I think Beta 4 could be the last one. It's stable already, just the installation is a bit tricky. Have you tried it?

-

I think Beta 4 could be the last one. It's stable already, just the installation is a bit tricky. Have you tried it?

I'm trying it at the moment, had an installation problem because the manual did not state that also line 430 (not just 403) needs to be commented out. I also have some performance problems with SkyMaxx Pro and RWC in dense environments like Drzewiecki-enhanced Manhattan (32 GB RAM, 4 GB GTX960, i5). I'll report back soon with my impressions.

Edit: Hm... Even with line 430 commented out, I get errors. Maybe you can assist:

When I only comment out the lines stated in the manual, I get these errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "D:/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/PythonScripts\PI_noaaWeather.py", line 1260, in floopCallback

self.weather.setClouds()

File "D:/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/PythonScripts\PI_noaaWeather.py", line 430, in setClouds

setClouds.append([base, top, cover])

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'setClouds' referenced before assignment

When I comment out also line 430, I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "D:/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/PythonScripts\PI_noaaWeather.py", line 1260, in floopCallback

self.weather.setClouds()

File "D:/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/PythonScripts\PI_noaaWeather.py", line 458, in setClouds

setClouds.append([base, top, cover])

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'setClouds' referenced before assignment

I'm not sure what I am supposed to do. I know how scripting languages and Python work, but of course I have no idea about these particular scripts :) (Using NOAA 2.2.2 of course. The NOAA GUI windows shows up correctly.)

And regarding the performance issues... I'm not sure if it's this Windows 10 update... the one that is known for causing problems when switiching windows I have not even installed anymore, but there has been another update (different KB...) yesterday, and maybe it causes the same problems. I have to investigate this further by un-installing SkyMaxx, RWC, NOAA and VenturaSky again.

Edit 2: In line 403, I comment out setClouds = [] ... but setClouds is referenced in later parts of the NOAA script a lot, incl. the lines where I get these errors...

I'm as sure as I can be that I did all that is required yet when I load up XP I have an impenetrable blue haze about 20 meters from the aircraft. If I reload all lua scripts it goes away but but comes back after two seconds or so. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many users have edited the file after the manual (the corrected I posted one on page 2) to success, no additional edits are required (430 ect.). These errors should not stop it from working (I have not seem them).

Check your PM.

-

Okay, it does work now :) I will now fly with it a bit.

Edit: ... okay, I definitely have a Windows 10 problem, even with KB3176938 uninstalled (but yesterday's KB3189866 installed). I started an external map viewer just now while taxiing, and as soon as I switched the Windows, FPS dropped to 3. (Before it was 30).

No VenturaSky or SMP/RWC problem, and off topic here, just noting...

I currently have Python3 installed in my system because its a requirement for ortho4xp 

is there a way to have python v2 and v3 in the same system so that noaa plugin works?

Is it out, I haven't seen a link?

How do I disable the message window ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Many users have edited the file after the manual (the corrected I posted one on page 2) to success, no additional edits are required (430 ect.). These errors should not stop it from working (I have not seem them).

Check your PM.

Okay from my brief tests with beta 4, I am intrigued. The install is trouble free and it worked out of the proverbial box. I really like the visibility, it feels right. I was using blu-fx which undoes some of the nicer effects of Ventura so I'll go ahead and get Maxx-Fx and do more testing. I like what I see thus far though. Thanks frontendrob for your contribution both to the community and to my personal enjoyment. It's people like you that make the X-Plane community all that it is which is part of the reason that X-Plane is such an appealing platform. Bravo!