Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

Assign flight plans to AI aircraft

I've downloaded myself some new AI models by Erez Werber along with liveries. While the installation instructions are clear, it merely says 'assign the aircraft to some flight plans'. Now how do I do that?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

If you want it simple, don't care for authentic flightplans and only want some movements on the Airports you really use search for "Airport AI Enhancer".

You'd be wayyyyyyyyy better off downloading some full packages like WOAI. 

Or download flightplans via AIG found in the AVSIM library and when you put it in AIFP it will then allow you to download aircraft associated with the flight plan or ones of your choosing. 

This is the rabbit hole Glynn is referring too. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Or download flightplans via AIG found in the AVSIM library and when you put it in AIFP ...

Could you please be a bit mor specific?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

So if you search Alpha India Group under FS2004 AI flight plans in the library, you'll find a ton of updated flight plans from AIG. 

Download this file.  Then open AIFP.  In AIFP under first drop down you'll find Open zip file.  select the zip file download from AIG. 

This will show the airports serviced and aircraft needed to fly these routes.  The aircraft will probably be in all red since you don't have them installed already.  Double click on that window and it will show a pop up window and some of the aircraft will turn dark blue.  These dark blue ones you can download and install via double clicking them.  Usually takes you to a site like AVSIM, flyingcarpet, or another site with AI repaints. 

These are all repaints, you'll need the AI models installed first.  Those can be found at AI Aardvark, Ultimate Traffic Team, FSX AI Bureau, The Fruit Stand or AVSIM

AIFP directions and videos will help more than i probably can. 

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

You'd be wayyyyyyyyy better off downloading some full packages like WOAI.

I've been using WoAI for a long time. Only annoying thing for me is that they don't have United's current livery. That's why I downloaded some repaints (several of them for, say, AIG 757-200 which I already have installed) to have the current livery. Had to download some 737 models too though.

And that's why I'm asking to assign flight plans because I already have many installed. Is there no way you can download AIG flight plans and tell the aircraft you already have installed to fly these flight plans?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

AIG has up to date repaints including special liveries etc so downloading them is perfectly fine.   In AIFP you can assign currently owned repaints to fly certain routes.   In the aircraft screen it is the button marked Substitute where you can substitute your already owned repaint for example the 737-800WL that flies say KIAD to KBOS.    The aircraft are numbered and that number matches a certain route in AIFP. 

If AIFP can't find your AI repaints you just have to direct it to the folder you have them installed. 

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

If you want it simple, don't care for authentic flightplans and only want some movements on the Airports you really use search for "Airport AI Enhancer".

This looks like what I've been looking for. Can UTII models be assigned through this program or do you have to download them from somewhere. Also, does this work in P3D 3.3?

Cheers,

Mark

This looks like what I've been looking for. Can UTII models be assigned through this program or do you have to download them from somewhere. Also, does this work in P3D 3.3?

Cheers,

Mark

You can use any AI model you have.

I've been using it in P3D 3.3 and now in 3.4.

Excellent. I'm going to give this a try when I get home.

Thanks!

Mark

I removed my AI repaints with AIFP but left the models installed in order to download new ones with AIFP for the models to match the new flight plans. I've created bgl files for a couple of airlines and reinstalled the rest with WoAI. Now my traffic's gone... any idea what went wrong?

Forget the previous post, WoAI working again.

Still, AI I've installed with AIFP don't show up in P3D. I've opened up a current flight plan in AIFP, downloaded and installed the repaints it said it needed and compiled a bgl file which was placed in P3D\scenery\world\scenery.