Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

looking for a runway surface mod

Is there any addon/mod that would change the way aircraft act on wet runways, icey runways, that would give me say a soggy effect on wet grass runways, etc?

Thanks.

Ciao!

FSCaptain does this based on weather situations... Landed in Tallin in Estonia last night and almost slid off, braking action was reduced and took so much longer to land...

Oh and best bit is the ACARS style panel with FSCaptain where ground ops advised runway conditions were poor prior to landing :P

You could use FSFX's PreciptX along with a FSUIPC Tweak for how the breaks are affected by a wet runway.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

There are many ways to model poor surface conditions with FS9, FSX or P3D.

As rdtv91 noted, FSCaptain looks at the current METAR and ambient conditions to warn you and then to apply poor braking functions on taxi / runway phases.

FSCaptain also offers the ability to tune any airport's ability to clear any ground contamination such that if you were working with a large & professionally-handled airport (EGCC, EDDM, LSZH, KORD, etc...) you could have exceptional ground crews to clear your surfaces.  If you were at a smaller or inefficient airport (which you could define) then contamination removal would be slower.

Like other add-ons, FSCaptain uses current METAR/Ambient conditions together with projections. However, for several years I've worked on the bits for a service which would provide a short-term 'weather history' instead of simply 'current conditions' so if LSZH were to experience a 48-hour blizzard... it could take somewhere in the range of 36 to 72 hours to have all surfaces clear of contamination.

With some time, FSCaptain could factor 'current weather history' into its functions.

-----

Totally apart from FSCaptain, the DynamicFriction.lua script which can be executed with FSUIPC offers lots of possibilities on its own.  Years ago, I started running a custom script that will bog me down if I'm on 'non-hard surfaces' in rain/snow conditions.  Imagine trying to taxi in mud.... :smile:

I've recently started tests with a new script that will do the same with a surface type of 'Brick' so I can simulate an EMAS surface with some hand-adjusted airport BGLs.

About two months ago I experienced a landing at my KROA 34 (on an overcase ILS34 approach) where my default CRJ7 did the same thing that happened with Governor Pence last week.  (Overrun, EMAS, stop, evacuate.)

Our simulators have lots of "hooks and whistles" that anyone can easily take advantage of.

With regards,

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)

FSCaptain does a perfectly fine job with slick runway simulation.  Ice laden taxi and runways are true nightmares.  Can't say enough good things about all the things FSCaptain does for my simulation experience.   Highly recommend this program.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I'm looking for something that would work with small GA aircraft. I'm looking for a soggy, wet grass runway effect.

Ciao!