Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Small business jet for P3D v3?

Scott what's MMO on the 35?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What's not to like ?

Scott,

Which airport?

What is PTA?

Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quote!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Ryan,

Fortunately - the community managed to obtain the full AFM for this plane... Love reading this stuff...

Also looking forward to see what they do with the Falcon - have they mentioned what they plan on putting in the panel ???

VMO/MMO shall not be deliberately exceeded in any regime of flight
(climb, cruise or descent) unless a higher speed is authorized for flight test.
VMO Sea Level to 14,000 feet .............................................. 307 KIAS
VMO above 14,000 feet ....................................................... 359 KIAS
MMO ...................................................................................... 0.83 MI
MMO with any missing Boundary Layer Energizers (Aircraft 35-279 and
subsequent, 36-045 and subsequent and prior aircraft incorporating
AAK 79-10 or AMK 83-5) .......................................... 0.78 MI
MMO Mach Trim and Autopilot disengaged or inoperative .......... 0.74 MI
MMO Stick Puller inoperative ................................................... 0.74 MI

Hi Vaughan,

PTA = P3D Tweak Assistant (I think) - freeware - search the forum for the thread - it's an interface to modify P3D shaders - I've seen some good screenshots - but mine - obviously still needs work... My 3.2 using RealismShaderPack shot looks far better in my opinion... Unfortunately RealismShaderPack stopped with 3.2 - what a shame - I really liked it...

The first airport is Twenty Nine Palms in CA - the second is Bar Harbor in Maine - both SUPERB packages...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott,

The product manual ... no specs?

I went to the default Bar Harbor (KBHB).

No aircraft shadow on runway..

I went to Settings, Lighting, made sure shadows slider ok ..

then put a checkmark in the External Vehicle "CAST" box.

Now I have aircraft shadows on runway.

Best Regards,

Hi Vaughan,

OK - thanks - I'll take a gander - I only upgraded from 3.2 to 3.4 last weekend and I'm still trying to get everything settled...

Regards,

Scott

.83 - nice! Faster than I thought!!

The falcon will be analogue but with GTN support - that was the plan last I heard

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The falcon will be analogue but with GTN support - that was the plan last I heard

That sounds accurate, the early 50's were analog, the 50EX with proline 4 was as advanced as they ever came from factory. There are a few STC's for proline21 retrofit on both the 50 and 50 ex I believe. API can even sell you a winglet STC, now that would be the ultimate Falcon 50!

Hi Folks,

Thanks - when I heard about the Falcon I Iooked at cockpit images and the seemed to have everything from steam to fairly modern glass... I guess the GTN is the best option - it makes navigation fast and quick - yet can do all the procedures - but - I'd really like to get a biz jet with a working FMC... As we've seen from MilViz - making a functional Proline can take longer than building the plane... Until Carenado makes a plane with a truly functional FMC that can at least do basic FMC operations like "Direct To" - I've bought my last plane from them...

Regards,

Scott

Until Carenado makes a plane with a truly functional FMC that can at least do basic FMC operations like "Direct To" - I've bought my last plane from them...

Scott,

Was there anything else besides Direct to?

Best Regards,

Hi Vaughan,

Yeah - it's been over a year since I've done a flight in the 525A but I recall other issues... I think their first CJ didn't even have airways... Don't get me wrong - I'm not a perfectionist - it doesn't have to be PMDG - just an approximation of realistic procedures is close enough for me... In FS9 I spent a great deal of time with Ernie's generic FMC (ISGSIM) package and really enjoyed it... There is a reason that many of GPS navigators have an external "Direct To" button and that is it's used quite often and deemed important... I fly all my IFR flights with RC4 which gives me "Direct To" instructions all the time and I have plans of starting with Pilot Edge at some point to brush up on my real world skills as well - so I need something that is functional for basic navigation...

:smile:

Regards,
Scott

None of the Carenado stuff can do "activate leg" or DTO. They say it can but it won't work properly - if you fly offline you won't notice how far it will guide the AP off course.

Both of the above functions are important for online (also PE user here - I highly recommend it - makes your flying a lot more challenging)

I'm yearning for a full FMS bizjet too

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Does Xtreme Prototypes ever put their stuff on sale - like say Black Friday?!  :dance:  (I've never seen one, but then I haven't been watching them closely either)

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I'm not sure - maybe if it's on simmarket sometime

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

None of the Carenado stuff can do "activate leg" or DTO. They say it can but it won't work properly - if you fly offline you won't notice how far it will guide the AP off course.

I have the Carenado CJ2 and do not fly on-line so DTO is not a technical problem for me.

For the Carenado CJ2 (in my case) there is a (couple clicks) workaround for the FMS Direct TO function from Jim Roinson that will satisfy ATC.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/485325-carenado-cj2-few-problems/page-12

Post #167 and #174

"This is what I've been doing, what you do is press the LSK next to the wpt you need to go DTO, that brings it down into the scratch pad and then just press the LSK again.

Now you have the wpt in the plan twice back to back so do direct to and select the 2nd occurrence of it,

the FMS will still try to intercept the leg between the two wpts

but since the leg between ZIMMR and ZIMMR for example is zero-length

the FMS doesn't have any choice but to fly you direct to it.

Works, not saying it's correct but it gets the job done."

Yeah - it's been over a year since I've done a flight in the 525A but I recall other issues... I think their first CJ didn't even have airways..

I

t does Airways, SID/STAR etc  ... and uses Navigraph Navdata also ... so it can be kept current.

Link to Carenado Proline21 tutors videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxRbkwLqLjB6GMegZdplh1RYl4VMn-xf5

The flight plan tutor video:

shows entering a plan including SID/STAR and entering Jet route airway (and more).

Best Regards,

Yeah I saw that - I was in that CJ2 forum a lot.  Annoyances that should be easily fixed by the dev!  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |