Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

X-Plane 11 & xEnviro

Thanks looks great to me - thanks - havent seen any shots of the gui yet

x_Enviro_UI.pngjpg images

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Cool options not seeing that you can change sky colors - they have been changed for sure from all pics I've seen but maybe one set ?

Rich Sennett

It has dynamic atmosphere changes apparently.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Cool options not seeing that you can change sky colors - they have been changed for sure from all pics I've seen but maybe one set ?

No textures its real time atmospheric and light scattering but not texturing, its dynamic 

• Display saturation, color gamma and cloud density, depending on weather conditions and time of day with real-time changing (automatically) or manually.
  • Upvote 1

X-Plane11

No textures its real time atmospheric and light scattering but not texturing, its dynamic 

• Display saturation, color gamma and cloud density, depending on weather conditions and time of day with real-time changing (automatically) or manually.

Thanks pretty neat how X-Plane just does things right - even has built in ezdok - so cool

Rich Sennett

i won't be able to afford this for a couple months unless someone donates it to me, it's pretty expensive for a weather engine wow.

Got it already. Stay tuned for some reports during daylight.

Hans

Ha, looks like they were either trying to beat Sky Maxx Pro 4 to the punch or the other way around... as I got an email today as an old v1 user of Sky Maxx they had v4 "on approach".  I haven't kept up to date as I abandoned XP10 for P3D years ago, but XP11 has me at least interested enough to have bought it yesterday.  First thoughts are great sim in DESPERATE need of a weather engine. 

Seems these two weather engines are both trying to capitalize.

Will definitely be buying one or the other... xEnviro is quite pricey though.

I also think it's expensive, but it's not just an active sky it's like AS + FSFX Packages+ REX TEXTURE, so the value is reasonable to have something in one package. I'll expect more reviews and performance on XP11 to decide.

But one of the bad points of XP11 I think it ended up with this addon.

• Upvote 1

xEnviro a dynamic weather/atmospheric/light scattering engine

X_Plane_2016_12_03_06_10_52_90.jpgpic host

X-Plane11

xEnviro a dynamic weather/atmospheric/light scattering engine

X_Plane_2016_12_03_06_10_52_90.jpgpic host

Sweet shot I couldnt get it to work when I hit the on button sim crashes - dang - downloading a fresh copy of x-plane as I installed maxx fx which doesnt have a full uninstaller so hoping that was the reason 

Rich Sennett

No need to start with a fresh copy, just disable MaxxFX, i.e. remove it from the plugins folder.  :wink:

Hans

I also think it's expensive, but it's not just an active sky it's like AS + FSFX Packages+ REX TEXTURE, so the value is reasonable to have something in one package. I'll expect more reviews and performance on XP11 to decide.

But one of the bad points of XP11 I think it ended up with this addon.

I recommend to check reviews...the sky color, the light and atmosphere are now dynamic, there was a post today about haze solution with Lua scripts, this is an automated engine to scatter light, fog, atmosphere + weather engine + cloud generator...it simulates the atmospheric environment... I know xp11 is still in beta and things could change in rendering the environment/sky/light in xp11 final version but for now this is the result

X_Plane_2016_12_03_06_46_44_54.jpg

xenviro

X_Plane_2016_12_03_06_46_37_96.jpgimage 

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11