Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Woo hoo, awesome 1st freeware for XP11, payware quality

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow, that looks like a fun plane... and I just Googled it and it's a good replica of the real thing too! I like that! (I don't like planes that do not look like the real thing and actually hate fantasy planes.) Payware quality indeed! I think I will give this one a try!

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah forgot about that

It is the Aerobask addon updated for XP11. I had it with purchase of my epic victory jet.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the heads up, i like these freeware "payware quality" which Nicolas uploads from time to time!

• Upvote 1

Er... I am sure it is a nice plane but where the heck is the parking brake?

Also, XP doesn't have key for the parking brake? I must be a bit stupid here but searched for 'brake' and 'park' and nothing useful came up.

Back to the Cessna for the time being... :wink:

Also, XP doesn't have key for the parking brake? I must be a bit stupid here but searched for 'brake' and 'park' and nothing useful came up.

"B" toggles parking brakes.

• Upvote 1

That VC is all sexy curves :wub: Amazing progress in modelling in the last decade! That level of detail used to be reserved for movies...

Nice plane but totally impossible to control on the ground (for me) and it hurts fps a bit. But looks pretty good for freeware!

Haven't tried this new version yet, but I've spent some time in it in XP10. It was included when you bought the Epic Victory.

It's a very fun little plane. It's worth noting that the developers also created a nice little freeware scenery to originally go with the Akoya: NCMN Manuae

If any new XP'ers are unfamiliar with the developer, I *highly* recommend pretty near all of their products. Their two Epics with the Dynon Skyviews are amazing releases, and the Antares glider is a lot of fun as well.

• Upvote 1

Nice plane but totally impossible to control on the ground (for me) and it hurts fps a bit. But looks pretty good for freeware!

Ah yes, a taildragger. It takes work to make them taxi.

• Upvote 1

Takeoff is interesting...  I don't recall the original release being so squirrely.

But very nice!

Actually has anyone landed on water yet?  I basically flipped over and died.  Gear was up of course.  Pushed button to WATER.

akoya.jpg

• Upvote 2

the author in another forum has indicated that the new upgrade to XP11 beta has broken it for and he will look at it.  A little daring throwing such a beautiful looking and feeling aircraft in at a beta stage with all the platform changes.  

akeoff is interesting...  I don't recall the original release being so squirrely.

Very nice screenshot Ryan, where is this?

Er... I am sure it is a nice plane but where the heck is the parking brake?

Back to the Cessna for the time being... :wink:

Search for "brake" and program you choice for parking brake key or button for "Toggle Maximum brake" (not real sure of how it's worded, but it is the selection that will put on the max braking). You will find that will get your parking brake working.

This is one of the frustrating things about X-Plane. They don't seem to want to use the most logical way of wording. Same with the auto pilot disconnect.  It is something about "servos".  It took me a long time to figure that out.

• Upvote 1

Takeoff is interesting...  I don't recall the original release being so squirrely.

But very nice!

Actually has anyone landed on water yet?  I basically flipped over and died.  Gear was up of course.  Pushed button to WATER.

akoya.jpg

It looks like a great island hopper, but obviously a real challenge to land in the water.  I donwloaded it and I'll give it a go this weekend.