Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 2 Released v 3.4 ( 19475 )

Ok. I just never saw it in the marketing blurb.

Seems NVidia is backing down their SLI development with the newer generation of cards, so it will be interesting to see what the future brings.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Let's hope it means something really fast is ahead of us in the graphics market rendering SLI unnecessary and suitable for VR in high resolution :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Meantime, there are 3 outstanding priorities which require urgent attention:

(1) Flickering issues affecting certain effects.

(2) Out of Memory crashes (OOM's). Oddly enough I have just experienced my first OOM at ORBX's CNK4 which was totally unexpected. I was reproducing a flight in the video posted by Rob.

(3) SLI not working after Hotfix 2

(1) requires action from NVIDIA whereas (2) and (3) seem to be primarily LM's responsibility. However, (3) may require further cooperative input from NVIDIA. If this is true then I believe that LM should be pushing a little harder for a positive return. Hopefully this is already happening.

If speculations about 64bit turn out to be correct then such remedial action should go a long way towards ensuring the proper ongoing functioning of what could be close to being the last update for the 32bit version of P3D. I envisage 2 versions of P3D will be made available to the consumer. It will take time for the 64bit version to mature so those intending to make the transition will continue to need the bridge provided by it's predecessor.

Mike

(2) Out of Memory crashes (OOM's). Oddly enough I have just experienced my first OOM at ORBX's CNK4 which was totally unexpected. I was reproducing a flight in the video posted by Ro

Mike, I don't run SLI but since going to v 3.4 HF2, I've been getting a lot of OOM's when in the past when I had v 3.2 for scenery and content and v 3.3.5 for client...none, ever. I just did a complete uninstall of 3.4 and going back to what I know works. Staying with that until 64bit sorts itself out.

Eric 

Hi,

I've tried posting again on the P3D forums. Whether this will finally evoke a response only time will tell.

Regards,

Mike

I upraded to 3.4 when it was first released and ran into more issues than I ever had with any previous version of any flight simulator. I then walked through fire both over at LM as well as in here to get back to 3.2.

Now back on 3.2 I have zero issues. I haven't seen one single VAS issue despite using very complex add-ons such as the NGX, Orbx Global Vector, FlyTampa's latest EHAM scenery to mention just a few. And this is using mid to high settings both in P3D as well as for my add-ons.

At this point I won't touch anything from LM until/if they release a 64-bit version and I'll hold off with that one too until the smoke has cleared.

I prefer enjoying my products rather than spending my time troubleshooting and paying big money only to be a guinea Pig.

So...by now you should have guessed my advice is stay with 3.2 and forget about 3.4 and enjoy your working sim instead.

Thanks mate

What are your thoughts on v3.3.5? In regards to vas? About the same as 3..2.3?

Thanks

Mike

Thanks mate

What are your thoughts on v3.3.5? In regards to vas? About the same as 3..2.3?

Thanks

Mike

I've been using 3.3.5 in the past and as I recall it I didn't have any VAS issues so I guess that would be fine as well. Certainly better than 3.4.

Reason I went with 3.2 (3.2.3.16769 to be exact) was I read many people saying this was the most stable version when it comes to VAS management and so far I can only agree. The difference compared to the 3.4 version I was running is huge...going from VAS issues on each and every flight regardless what settings I tried to no VAS issues what so ever even on high settings.

Richard Åsberg

I've been using 3.3.5 in the past and as I recall it I didn't have any VAS issues so I guess that would be fine as well. Certainly better than 3.4.

Reason I went with 3.2 (3.2.3.16769 to be exact) was I read many people saying this was the most stable version when it comes to VAS management and so far I can only agree. The difference compared to the 3.4 version I was running is huge...going from VAS issues on each and every flight regardless what settings I tried to no VAS issues what so ever even on high settings.

Thans for reply mate

Yeah will try both as ive read there is better cloud management in 3.3.5

I will test and pick either one

Cheers

Mie

Thans for reply mate

Yeah will try both as ive read there is better cloud management in 3.3.5

I will test and pick either one

Cheers

Mie

No problem, I hope you'll be back enjoying your simulator soon again which I'm sure will be the case when you go back to either of these versions.

Richard Åsberg

Do we know what in 3.4 actually introduced VAS problems? Client update or scenery update? I updated all modules when going from 3.35 to 3.4 and only client module when going to HF 2. 

If I would need to revert (although currently I think I'm fine VAS wise, nevertheless I have not tried heaviest scenarios yet) and I would revert client only, would it be an issue? 

When I upgraded from 3.3 -> 3.4 I started upgrading only the client but soon discovered some of my add-ons didn't behave without also upgrading the other modules (scenery and content) so I'm not sure which one of these was the actual culprit but I would guess the client.

Then when I had it with 3.4 and went back to 3.2 I did a complete reinstall of P3D (all modules) to make sure I got rid of anything related to 3.4. Currently all my modules are version 3.2.3.16769.

Richard Åsberg

As part of the clean installation of 3.2 I of course also had to reinstall all add-ons.

Richard Åsberg

When I upgraded from 3.3 -> 3.4 I started upgrading only the client but soon discovered some of my add-ons didn't behave without also upgrading the other modules (scenery and content) so I'm not sure which one of these was the actual culprit but I would guess the client.

Then when I had it with 3.4 and went back to 3.2 I did a complete reinstall of P3D (all modules) to make sure I got rid of anything related to 3.4. Currently all my modules are version 3.2.3.16769.

I did the same thing but I then upgraded the client only to version 3.3.5. I found the combination of those to work the best

Eric 

For those eagerly waiting the FS Labs A320 for P3D, it will apparently, only support P3D 3.4. so going back to 3.2 is not an option for me. Hope LM  will improve the vas management in a future update, like it was with the 3.2 version.

• Upvote 1

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11