Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 2 Released v 3.4 ( 19475 )

For those eagerly waiting the FS Labs A320 for P3D, it will apparently, only support P3D 3.4. so going back to 3.2 is not an option for me. Hope LM  will improve the vas management in a future update, like it was with the 3.2 version.

Exactly my thoughts.

Dirk.

For those eagerly waiting the FS Labs A320 for P3D, it will apparently, only support P3D 3.4. so going back to 3.2 is not an option for me. Hope LM  will improve the vas management in a future update, like it was with the 3.2 version.

Then they are severely limiting their user base. Unless that is official statement I would find that a little far fetched.

Eric 

Then they are severely limiting their user base. Unless that is official statement I would find that a little far fetched.

I would agree that it would severely limit their user base. I read about this on their forum a while back, when fs labs stated they were waiting for the release of 3.4. However, tonight, I read a new post stating that it would most likely be backwards compatible with 3.2 and 3.3 but may not be officially supported by FS labs. So, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Quote today from Andrew Wilson at FS Labs forum "I believe the A320 will be compatible with v3.2 and v3.3 - but our support for the product will probably be limited to v3.4. "

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

I would agree that it would severely limit their user base. I read about this on their forum a while back, when fs labs stated they were waiting for the release of 3.4. However, tonight, I read a new post stating that it would most likely be backwards compatible with 3.2 and 3.3 but may not be officially supported by FS labs. So, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Quote today from Andrew Wilson at FS Labs forum "I believe the A320 will be compatible with v3.2 and v3.3 - but our support for the product will probably be limited to v3.4. "

Well, I'm on 3.3.5 client, 3.2 for scenery and content. What will be humorous in the weeks after release will be all the chaps on 3.2 and 3.3 saying performance is pretty good with it while those on 3.4 will be pulling their hair out.

Eric 

Just a thought regarding VAS: is there anyone who has VAS issues but updated only client to 3.4 while staying with 3.3 or previous with other modules? (E.g. scenery)

Reason why I ask is I saw some post on p3d forum of a person who claims he has no VAS issues but he updated client only when going from 3.3. Maybe this will help to point out the issue

I would hope that is the case. From my experience of the FS Labs A320 in FSX/SE, its VAS usage is even greater than the PMDG 777/737. v3.2 or 3.3 may be the only way of running it without VAS problems.

Petraeus

Just a thought regarding VAS: is there anyone who has VAS issues but updated only client to 3.4 while staying with 3.3 or previous with other modules? (E.g. scenery)

Reason why I ask is I saw some post on p3d forum of a person who claims he has no VAS issues but he updated client only when going from 3.3. Maybe this will help to point out the issue

I only updated client to 3.4 without any hotfixes and i cant say that i am having VAS issues.

I moved to 4K and use the NGX for the most without any issues

but when using 777 i use some conservative shadow/traffic/LOD/Autogen settings

I am in the SLI groupe and like really high settings when i am VFR so staying here without hotfixes for now. (376.33 but might go back to 373.06)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I start to think that problem of VAS is somewhere in scenery update, yet they tried to fix it by amending something in client. Reason I think like that is that on my end:

3.35 - no VAS issues

went to 3.4 by updating all packages

3.4 - VAS issues

went to 3.4 HF 2 by updating client only

3.4 Hotfix 2 - VAS issues but less significant than in 3.4

I am going to reinstall 3.35 scenery, while staying with 3.4 HF2 for client and see what happens. Worst case scenario I break my sim, best case scenario I should have no VAS issues anymore.

No problem, I hope you'll be back enjoying your simulator soon again which I'm sure will be the case when you go back to either of these versions.

Mate did you do a complete full installation?

I have p3d v3.0 and only updating client content and scenery

Is their any change fro the p3d base 3.0 to 3.2 or is it the same?

Cheers

Mike

I start to think that problem of VAS is somewhere in scenery update, yet they tried to fix it by amending something in client. Reason I think like that is that on my end:

I don't think so. I updated Client, Content and Scenery to 3.4 and had VAS recovery issues. I then downgraded the Client to v3.3.5 and the VAS issues went away (Scenery and Content still at v. 3.4)

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Mate did you do a complete full installation?

I have p3d v3.0 and only updating client content and scenery

Is their any change fro the p3d base 3.0 to 3.2 or is it the same?

Cheers

Mike

Yep, I did a full and complete install of 3.2 including all components.

Richard Åsberg

I don't think so. I updated Client, Content and Scenery to 3.4 and had VAS recovery issues. I then downgraded the Client to v3.3.5 and the VAS issues went away (Scenery and Content still at v. 3.4)

How did the downgrade went? Any issues?

There is a tool that will allow one to test an upgrade before committing it.  It installs the software in a "sandbox", where the executable and all processes ran in it are isolated from all other processes and files so that you can see what is installed and what happens.  Once you're comfortable you can commit those changes.  But if anything is wrong the installation you made is safely separate.  You can keep that installation, all the changes that were made, and still go back to the before state. 

I haven't tried any other's, for windows anyways, but the one I use is Sandboxie.  https://sandboxie.com/   They have a "free" version, to try, where you are only allowed to run one process from each sandbox/ all sandboxes you've created at a time.  If you're considering testing an update, this might be the way to go.  

I haven't tried it with driver updates, I wonder if it would work.

I use a backup software called AOMEI Backupper and there's a free and yet fully functional version. I've been using this free version for a long time now and I find it truly excellent!

Using this software you're able to do both disk and partition backups as well as complete system image backups of your Windows partition.

The way I use it is I first made a complete backup when I know my system is working 100% fine. After this whenever I'm about to install something new or make any changes I start by doing an incremental backup which only takes a couple of minutes to complete and I add a comment like "Before installing A".

I can then install whatever it is I'm installing and if I'm happy I'll just carry on using my system and when times comes for a new thing I like to install I do the same thing again...a new incremental backup but this time with the comment "Before installing B".

Let's say installing B didn't turn out the way I was hoping for. I'll then simply restore my system using the last incremental backup called "Before installing B" and when my system comes up it will be in the exact state it was before installing B and I'll then remove that backup only keeping the "Before installing A" backup. I then keep going like this making a new incremental backup for every new program I install or changes I make to my system that isn't easy reversible.

Eventually I will of course end up with a number of incremental backups plus the full backup I did initially and at some point where I'm 100% positive my system performs the way I like it to and I'm fully happy with everything installed I delete all backups both the incremental as well as the initial full backup and then I start all over again with a new and fresh full install and then new incremental backups for any programs I install or changes I make.

Using this method is free and it has saved me from severe issues more than once... The sensation being able to "go back in time" in this way is really nice!! Especially when you installed something or made system wide changes that didn't end the way you was hoping for...

The only thing you should be aware of if you have multiple disks like I have is I highly recommend you use the option in the software to make a bootable media and then use this whenever you want to do a restore.

Reason for this is sometimes Windows will identify your disks in another way the disks are identified outside of Windows. This could potentially result in a backup being restored to the wrong disk. I had this happen to me once when I used the option to start the restore from inside Windows but luckily I had another complete backup of the disk that was overwritten so I learned from this and now I always do any restores from outside Windows using the bootable media.

IMO this kind of safety net is a must when you're in a hobby such as flightsim with all weird things that can happen to your system from time to time not to mention how hard it might be and how long it might take to get back to a working system again. I think most of us experienced this at least once.

Richard Åsberg

I have a clean Windows and P3D build.  Before this I was having an SLI issue after installing Nvidia's latest. 2 GTX 780's, fyi.  Everything is fine in the new build for me.

On the P3D forums someone claimed almost the same thing and was answered by LM itself: According to him anyone who runs SLI and Hotfix 2 without a problem is mistaken.

"I think you may have inadvertently disabled SLI, or you are running an older version of Prepar3D. The performance hit and UI flicker introduced in HF2 will require a client-side change to resolve.

Beau Hollis

Prepar3D Rendering System Lead"

We must be careful out of respect to the larger community to make certain that any of our performance statements and technical experience input is accurate. Otherwise confusion reigns and remedy delayed.

I hope that a solution is quickly forthcoming.

Kind regards,
  • Upvote 1