Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 2 Released v 3.4 ( 19475 )

Your comments are great! I was referring to how many threads become a "My sim is better than your sim" that results in the same saws cutting both ways until a moderator shuts it down.

I guarantee your sim is better than X-Plane 11. 

I upraded to 3.4 when it was first released and ran into more issues than I ever had with any previous version of any flight simulator. I then walked through fire both over at LM as well as in here to get back to 3.2.

Now back on 3.2 I have zero issues. I haven't seen one single VAS issue despite using very complex add-ons such as the NGX, Orbx Global Vector, FlyTampa's latest EHAM scenery to mention just a few. And this is using mid to high settings both in P3D as well as for my add-ons.

At this point I won't touch anything from LM until/if they release a 64-bit version and I'll hold off with that one too until the smoke has cleared.

I prefer enjoying my products rather than spending my time troubleshooting and paying big money only to be a guinea Pig.

So...by now you should have guessed my advice is stay with 3.2 and forget about 3.4 and enjoy your working sim instead.

Thanks for the reply mate

I made the jump to p3d v3.4 with hotfix 1 only seems ok with my exact settings snooth overall and fps is good.

Will do some testing with ling flights hopefully no oom as i havnt before with 3.2 with mid high setings.

Now with hotfix 1 is sli affected? I am running older driver 376.33 i think as rob has advised

Cheers

Mike

Thanks for the reply mate

I made the jump to p3d v3.4 with hotfix 1 only seems ok with my exact settings snooth overall and fps is good.

Will do some testing with ling flights hopefully no oom as i havnt before with 3.2 with mid high setings.

Now with hotfix 1 is sli affected? I am running older driver 376.33 i think as rob has advised

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

If you run SLI you will need to use 373.06 or earlier not to have flashing smoke/spray effect. However if you can live with that then I think you can use any recent driver. If you install hotfix 2, it will break P3D regardless of driver in SLI.

Kind regards,

If you run SLI you will need to use 373.06 or earlier not to have flashing smoke/spray effect. However if you can live with that then I think you can use any recent driver. If you install hotfix 2, it will break P3D regardless of driver in SLI.

Yes, I can confirm all of the above. 376.33 works very well with SLI (before LM hotfix 2) but, as Stephen said, you have to learn to ignore the unfortunate side-effects of running with an unoptimised driver set that exhibits flashing boat wakes, smoke, contrails (?) and some lighting effects - bad at FTX ORBX Southampton, England. I have always updated by moving forward via GeForce Experience so prefer to hold off from further updating until NVIDIA get around to sorting it out. Fingers tightly crossed on that one!

I believe Rob rolled back to 373.06 while on SLI. Since then he, lucky chap, has switched to a single card solution - the NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) - so it's likely he may now be using the latest drivers.

Mike

I'm about ready to roll back to v 3.3 on the client module. Will keep 3.4 for scenery and content. To many performance issue.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

For users of Prepar3D v3.4 and FSX:SE:

If you happen to use both and are experiencing the P3Dv3.4 memory hitches, I'm curious how you would compare the memory management of P3D's current iteration with FSX:SE.  It seems as though v3.x was on track to being at least on par with FSX:SE and perhaps better... but has that standing taken a hit under v3.4?

Just curious...

Hi Guys,

I know most of you are a little upset about SLI and it apparently being broken in v3.4 latest HF2. I only have one graphics card but you guys do know that NVIDIA themselves are no longer supporting SLI since the GEforce 10 cards as outlined in this article. Not much LM can do if NVIDIA dont want it.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3082708/components-graphics/nvidia-quietly-kills-3-and-4-way-sli-support-for-geforce-gtx-10-series-graphics-cards.html 

Thanks

Blessings

Duncan

but you guys do know that NVIDIA themselves are no longer supporting SLI since the GEforce 10 cards as outlined in this article. Not much LM can do if NVIDIA dont want it.

(Corrected Link)

As a point of order, that article only discusses 3-card and 4-card SLI installations. It does not reference any 2-card SLI installations, and the article implies that nVidia will continue to support 2-card SLI...

So you’ll still see extreme Nvidia-powered rigs at the top of overclocking charts, but you won’t be able to put that power to use in actual games. In-game support stops at 2-way SLI profiles.

-Greg

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys,

I know most of you are a little upset about SLI and it apparently being broken in v3.4 latest HF2. I only have one graphics card but you guys do know that NVIDIA themselves are no longer supporting SLI since the GEforce 10 cards as outlined in this article. Not much LM can do if NVIDIA dont want it.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3082708/components-graphics/nvidia-quietly-kills-3-and-4-way-sli-support-for-geforce-gtx-10-series-graphics-cards.html 

Thanks

Blessings

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Nvidia continues to support two way SLI into the foreseeable future. The article you link only refers to 3 and 4 way SLI that are now deemed redundant.

A little upset is not really accurate either. Our sims will not work with the equipment we have for SLI. However, we thank you for your interest, and hopefully future enthusiastic support.

:)

I updated the client only and found many stutters that I had not experienced before. I took the plunge and reinstalled both WIN10 and P3D (latest download) and the sim is Great Again. :smile: 

Not sure why, but this time updating just the client made things worse. :mad: 

IM

If nothing else, all these posts are telling us how confusing and frustrating this SLI situation has become. According to the response received from Adam Reed by Rob, LM appear to be in denial having stated he believes SLI should work as before as there were no coding changes in Hotfix 2 that would affect SLI. Rob himself seemed convinced, like the poster above, that there was a shift in NVIDIA policy regarding SLI yet now we know that this does not apply to 2-way SLI configurations. Unfortunately we seem to have lost Rob's support regarding this matter as he has moved away from SLI and his posts suggest that he does not share our convictions regarding the probable source of the problem. We have no real indication that LM are listening and, indeed, are taking our concerns on this and other matters, like OOM crashes, seriously. The same can be said of NVIDIA and their current apparent lack of support for the P3D SLI driver profile.

Now, it may be that there is troubleshooting/debugging activity currently going on behind the scenes but, again, nobody from LM or NVIDIA seems prepared to keep us in the loop. All in all this is proving to be a very disappointing period in the history of Prepar3D. Perhaps this goes part way towards explaining why some of us (not me) are turning their attention to other sims, notably XP11.

Mike

When has LM ever kept us in the loop, and why would they? The usual suspects will continue to bash the developers no matter what they do.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

The usual suspects will continue to bash the developers no matter what they do.

I agree, there will always be the few who, for reasons best known to themselves, enjoy mixing it without legitimate cause. However, it would be wrong, in my opinion, to include those of us whose behaviour is sometimes driven simply by a passion for their hobby and are being frustrated by an issue for which they do not have a solution. Frequently we see impulsive posts from individuals seeking a quick answer without first making some effort to do their own research. Unfortunately, while there are many who will give up their time to do their utmost to help, where they can, others will rebuff those requests by undermining a poster's confidence with a remark implying direct, if not veiled, criticism.

No doubt there are significant numbers who neither possess the necessary troubleshooting skills and experience and, instead, just 'want it to work'. So where do they turn for help and guidance when none is forthcoming or such well meaning advice, as is offered, proves to be ineffective? I would suggest the use of the word 'bash' in this context is unhelpful and, indeed, inappropriate. Rather it is the end user turning to the Developer of the software for expert assistance having exhausted those other avenues explored hitherto within their own capabilities.

I belong to the school of thought holding to the belief that the producers of an advertised product enter into a contract with their customers who purchase said product or the license to use said product whether it be software or, indeed, anything else. As such it is reasonable to expect an appropriate level of support that will ensure the continuing use of that product. In this instance I am referring to graphic cards relying on stable driver profiles for proper operation in SLI and Flight Simulation software which may or may not have broken SLI with the provision of a Hotfix update.

Clarification is needed as is the acceptance that these issues exist and need to be addressed. Silence contributes nothing and could be regarded as showing a degree of disrespect towards the client/customer base who just want to know what is happening. Nor is the unwelcome and unsupported dismissal of a reported problem. Our concerns should be taken seriously rather than appearing to being rejected out of hand.

I confess I don't know what is happening any more than the rest of you and, certainly, I have no desire to be the lone voice crying in the wilderness. The irony is that I have not yet experienced Hotfix 2 and it's negative effects on SLI. Yet here am I fighting our corner for something which currently is discouraging me from installing driver and software updates that could bring benefits to other installed software and to our flight simming experience.

If we are not prepared to raise our collective heads above the parapet then perhaps we should expect to be quietly ignored and forgotten.

Mike

• Upvote 1

Is Prepar3D sold as a product that supports SLI?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Is Prepar3D sold as a product that supports SLI?

In response to repeated requests from their client base LM, along with NVIDIA invested significant time and effort to bring a working SLI profile to Prepar3D 3.x. So, in answer to your question, I would say, yes, as it is now an integral part of Prepar3D for those, like me, who wish to exploit the potential and actual performance gains offered by a 2-way SLI setup configuration.

Mike