Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Official PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II Livery List

The birds that fulfill that role are B742s.  The replacement B744 program is in a state of flux as widely reported.

Regardless, any AF1 resemblance could only be superficial for obvious security reasons.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've been going to Italy (if anyone is looking for an airport location reference: LIVD) every other year since 2013, through EDDM, since it's actually the closest major airport to fly into. I do love the Tyrolean food that we get while we're there, but I do love German food. The end of the week (last night, in the case of this year) is always marked by a trip to the Hofbräuhaus

Snowboarding and the full culinary experience. Sounds delightful, and quite a nice tradition too.

+1 for Air Force One

It'll probably get done at some point but we're going to focus on non-fictional stuff first. AF1 isn't a 747-400.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Etihad Cargo. I think it is a contract with Giant

+1 (N476MC)

I was coming here to post this. The Etihad colors suit the B744 so bloody well!

Gentlemen,

PMDG aircraft are for (semi-) professional training and not some gaming stuff, In this case you may see your aircraft when approaching via crew bus or during a walkaround, and you'll not see it again before everything is shut down and you're out a lot of hour later. So do we really need 200+ liveries? Personally I'd prefer 2 or 3 company specific cockpit variations. Nevertheless a big thank you to all designers and PMDG first of all. If someone thinks he pays for infinite liveries he'd better look at some fine viedos on youtube for free.

Kind regards,

Fritz

So do we really need 200+ liveries? Personally I'd prefer 2 or 3 company specific cockpit variations.

The point of the extensive list of repaints is not for everyone to download every one of them, but to provide at least some to as many people as possible. It's no individual person's list of preferences, it's a list of preferences for everyone's different tastes, as not everyone is going to fly the same route as everyone else, the variety makes sense. As such, your preference is not really that different from most other people's preferences.

• Upvote 1

Anyone thought about the Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls World Tour livery? Maybe someone could make it and upload it to the Avsim library. I saw the plane when we landed in Fort Lauderdale last year but we were taxiing to the gate and didn't have time to get my phone out and snap a pic of it. It's a beautiful plane!!!

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

The birds that fulfill that role are B742s.  The replacement B744 program is in a state of flux as widely reported.

Regardless, any AF1 resemblance could only be superficial for obvious security reasons.

It'll probably get done at some point but we're going to focus on non-fictional stuff first. AF1 isn't a 747-400.

I realize that AF1 is a modified -200B, and Dan, of course I would never expect any of the AF1 specific security features, they would never be available anyhow.

I meant a visual only livery. Any the next AF1 will be an -8i, so that would at least be more accurate.

I meant this question more as a joke, so many newbie vatsim users jump in as AF1 and declare emergencies etc.

Anyone thought about the Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls World Tour livery? Maybe someone could make it and upload it to the Avsim library. I saw the plane when we landed in Fort Lauderdale last year but we were taxiing to the gate and didn't have time to get my phone out and snap a pic of it. It's a beautiful plane!!!

http://www.avsim.com/topic/502142-now-boarding-flight-666-eddie-sends-his-regards/

Kyle Rodgers

scandinavian13, on 19 Jan 2017 - 4:20 PM, said:

Luckily, neither of us is responsible for actually painting the words on the plane :wink:

Actually, if it's the current scheme, there would be no need to repaint the words as it just says 'South African'. The only scheme which had Suid Afrikaanse Lugdiens written in full on the aircraft was the circa 1970s SAA scheme. The -400 wasn't even born then.

Hope you had a good trip!

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for the link. I actually got a notification and saw it last night right after he posted it. I almost peed in my pants!! :-)

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

The only scheme which had Suid Afrikaanse Lugdiens written in full on the aircraft was the circa 1970s SAA scheme. The -400 wasn't even born then.

ZS-SAV was delivered in the orange tail SAL livery where it was written above the wing box, and is the livery that we've done. I don't think we've done the current livery yet.

Kyle Rodgers